Next Up

This list is simply default who’s who of the of the 2018 class that everyone is obsessed with

Advertisement
It's not that serious, my man! Your opinion is warranted, regarding Pope. I just happen to be of opinion that he is primed to live up to his potential this year.

It's all good.

We’re good. I was looking forward to Pope last year based on his high school and 7 on 7 highlights. Hope he lives up to his potential.

Advertisement
cant argue this list, when I saw Mallory i thought 1st round immediately
100% agree.

I saw him play a few times in person during his high school years. Every time, he was the best player on the field by far! He is a great athlete. Ran a 10.99 in the 100m, and was a beast on the basketball court as well. I saw him windmill on two defenders, and it wasn't even on a fast break. The entire gym went nuts!

100% agree.

I saw him play a few times in person during his high school years. Every time, he was the best player on the field by far! He is a great athlete. Ran a 10.99 in the 100m, and was a beast on the basketball court as well. I saw him windmill on two defenders, and it wasn't even on a fast break. The entire gym went nuts!
I saw him running and said wow if he keeps that speed with that frame he will be a monster. When Ariz was saying 1st rounder during paradise I believed it, I knew Jordan came in ready but I thought that Mallory ceiling was a bit higher cause he hasnt reached that potential yet. No knock on Brev cause he can be a 1st rounder too.

Advertisement
I saw him running and said wow if he keeps that speed with that frame he will be a monster. When Ariz was saying 1st rounder during paradise I believed it, I knew Jordan came in ready but I thought that Mallory ceiling was a bit higher cause he hasnt reached that potential yet. No knock on Brev cause he can be a 1st rounder too.
Absolutely spot on, imo. Me and @OrangeBowlMagic have been preaching this same sermon.

Not to sidetrack this thread (and no, I don't think he'll be a breakout player in 2019), but whatever happened to Nigel Bethel? Is he just still too small to get out there? I haven't heard one mention of his name since he stepped foot on campus. Anyone know anything about his progress?
I saw a post an a list of about 7 players that the coaches were impressed with an he was on it for whatever thats worth. I loved the kids tape legit 4.4 played wr, cb, kr, pr. Hes comin if not this year next!

We got some talent on this roster, crazy how nearly all of these guys didn’t make a significant impact last year. Thats what excites me honestly, we didn’t have a strong recruiting class in terms of numbers but got some quality recruits and then you factor in those transfers then that’s a **** good haul given the circumstances. Now you add a significant portion of the talented and deep storm 2018 who will take the field and be productive a lot this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t know for sure but I have A feeling John Campbell will have a strong showing and take a tackle spot this year

We got some talent on this roster, crazy how nearly all of these guys didn’t make a significant impact last year. Thats what excites me honestly, we didn’t have a strong recruiting class in terms of numbers but got some quality recruits and then you factor in those transfers then that’s a **** good haul given the circumstances. Now you add a significant portion of the talented and deep storm 2018 who will take the field and be productive a lot this year.

Need to find a QB. All of this is well and good, and I agree completely with what you're saying, but it's all moot unless the QB play DRASTICALLY improves. Like, not just better. Miles better. I don't care how talented this team is, if you put it around whatever the **** that was we saw last year, you've got no chance.

So these are great lists, and generate great conversation, but really it's all hot air. There's more than enough talent here to win this division with our eyes closed. But none of it matters unless someone plays the QB position lightyears better than what we saw the past few seasons. Jarren, Martell, Perry, Weldon, a ******* kid out of a chemistry class, I don't care. Just solidify that one spot and this is a pretty good football team.

That means Dugans and Stubberfield are play cousins!

Great list @reg, many thanks for taking the time out to show us that the team is truly stacked on both sides of the ball. As to Stubbs, I don’t believe even if he wanted to play favorites that Manolo would even allow it. He’s been all about those that practice hard and play hard, are in games. For that reason I see JT and KJ starting, with Pope and Hightower the 1B to their 1A. Also, I too think Mallory is due for a huge season in 2019. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him put up @600-700yds and 7TD’s playing in Dan’s offense. Defenses are going to truly have to pick their poison; double any of the WR’s and both Jordan and Mallory will kill you. Double Brevin? Mallory will eat their lunch. There simply are not many defenses who are great enough to be able to keep that much talent down in a game. The true key is going to be one of the OL under Coach Barry gelling and playing as a singular unit. And lastly, a QB to get all those incredible targets the ball.

Advertisement
Great list @reg, many thanks for taking the time out to show us that the team is truly stacked on both sides of the ball. As to Stubbs, I don’t believe even if he wanted to play favorites that Manolo would even allow it. He’s been all about those that practice hard and play hard, are in games. For that reason I see JT and KJ starting, with Pope and Hightower the 1B to their 1A. Also, I too think Mallory is due for a huge season in 2019. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him put up @600-700yds and 7TD’s playing in Dan’s offense. Defenses are going to truly have to pick their poison; double any of the WR’s and both Jordan and Mallory will kill you. Double Brevin? Mallory will eat their lunch. There simply are not many defenses who are great enough to be able to keep that much talent down in a game. The true key is going to be one of the OL under Coach Barry gelling and playing as a singular unit. And lastly, a QB to get all those incredible targets the ball.
If Mallory puts up those type of numbers, our offense will exceed my expectations......and my expectations are really high, even considering that it will be our first year running it.

Advertisement
Back