Next two weeks are huge

Home vs. VT
@ Louisville
Home vs. GT
Home vs. Clemson

NC St. game probably saved our season to date. Probably have to go 3-1 over these next four given our last 4 are at UVA, home vs. Duke (winnable, plus we'll be motivated), at VT (house of horrors for us), and at FSU. A .500 record in conference probably gets us into the tourney given how good the league is this year.

Advertisement
Jesus Christ, stop with the must win ****. According to you guys, we've had 10 must wins so far, and we've lost at least 5 of them, but yet everyone who actually gets paid to have an opinion on this, has never wavered, and continues to say we're in the tournament week in and week out.

Advertisement
Not sure how we can make it. The OP has stated that Reed needs to graduate and Kamari Murphy has had a terrible career and they are 2 our most important players.

Not sure how we can make it. The OP has stated that Reed needs to graduate and Kamari Murphy has had a terrible career and they are 2 our most important players.

I imagine that Davon Reed will in fact graduate, but after the season of course. :)

Advertisement
Jesus Christ, stop with the must win ****. According to you guys, we've had 10 must wins so far, and we've lost at least 5 of them, but yet everyone who actually gets paid to have an opinion on this, has never wavered, and continues to say we're in the tournament week in and week out.

I agree with the whole "must win" thing, however, I do get that they mean. Being realistic, you'd have to assume a loss @UL. And of course they lost last night. I feel like anytime Miami has a big game coming up (Duke, UNC, UL, UVA) their opponent loses and comes out ready to play against us.

This team is as unpredictable as they come, though. We could lose by 20+ to VT at home and then punch Louisville in the mouth Saturday and I wouldn't be that surprised. No one can predict how this team will finish.

C'mon '85 - I think it is fair to call games we SHOULD win MUST wins, whether because at home or due to the level of competition.

Sure, pretty much all of the ACC is solid, as a scary close call with subpar BC at home demonstrated...but I think all of us really knew we had to win the games where we were favored or were in the hunt from the beginning of ACC play. The margin of error is too thin this year to rely on games versus Louisville or Duke....or even UNC, where they played horribly and we showed up.

I hear what your saying, it is annoying to hear it week after week, but I'm not sure that makes it any less true.

UM

C'mon '85 - I think it is fair to call games we SHOULD win MUST wins, whether because at home or due to the level of competition.

Sure, pretty much all of the ACC is solid, as a scary close call with subpar BC at home demonstrated...but I think all of us really knew we had to win the games where we were favored or were in the hunt from the beginning of ACC play. The margin of error is too thin this year to rely on games versus Louisville or Duke....or even UNC, where they played horribly and we showed up.

I hear what your saying, it is annoying to hear it week after week, but I'm not sure that makes it any less true.

UM

We could lose the next 2 and still make the NCAAT. So, no, they're not must win games. We have GT and Clemson coming up at home. We lose the next 2 and then beat GT and Clemson and we're back to 6-6. We just need to get to 9-9. Doesn't really matter how we get there.

Advertisement
Holding serve at home, and avoiding bad losses are key. That said, the "Must Win" crap is just that. If this team does what they can do, there's a good chance they go 3-1 or dare I say 4-0 in that stretch. If the 'Canes do that, then they will be well on their way. The key is getting the wins you should get, and as we've seen (Notre Dame, Duke), this team can shoot themselves in the foot.

UM

We could lose the next 2 and still make the NCAAT. So, no, they're not must win games. We have GT and Clemson coming up at home. We lose the next 2 and then beat GT and Clemson and we're back to 6-6. We just need to get to 9-9. Doesn't really matter how we get there.

Coach L said on Hurricane Hotline yesterday that they must protect their home court and win the rest of their home games. We all understand that technically it's not a must win game but with road games against UL, UVA, and FSU the chances of winning those games are extremely slim. And beating VT on the road will be very tough. We couldn't do it last year with a much more balanced experienced team. And 9-9 is no guarantee to get us in the tournament. We go 9-9 and win the first round of the ACC tourney against a bottom dweller ACC team and we will be a bubble team with a solid chance of getting in. But there are always teams in the smaller conferences who beat other teams who will get an at large bid and that steals spots away.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back