Next Season Miami will have the best secondary in the nation

jandman514

Senior
We got beat deep once and that was due to an awful play by AJ Highsmith.. The kid is all heart but is very limited he would be a solid player at USF.. Rayshawn Jenkins is a stud and no one is giving him credit. He has 3 picks already and is making a push for at least 2nd team ALL ACC. Tracy Howard is having an ALL ACC season and is living up to his 5 star ranking his side is on absolute lockdown.. Ladarius Gunter is also having a solid season with 2 picks and 2 defensive td returns.. Bush looked good last night and had a key int in the first half. Crawford has some great plays as well and has looked good in the nickel. FSU passing yards came of check downs mostly. Next season with a 3 year starter with Gunter ALL ACC CB Howard, and Jenkins a healthy Bush that is a Miami secondary... Along with Burns,Crawford and a more seasoned Jamal Carter we will have the best secondary in the country..

Advertisement
We got beat deep once and that was due to an awful play by AJ Highsmith. The kid is all heart but is very limited he would be a solid player at USF.

Rayshawn Jenkins is a stud and no one is giving him credit. He has 3 picks already and is making a push for at least 2nd team ALL ACC.

Tracy Howard is having an ALL ACC season and is living up to his 5 star ranking his side is on absolute lockdown.

Ladarius Gunter is also having a solid season with 2 picks and 2 defensive td returns.

Bush looked good last night and had a key int in the first half.

Crawford has some great plays as well and has looked good in the nickel.

FSU passing yards came of check downs mostly. Next season with a 3 year starter with Gunter ALL ACC CB Howard, and Jenkins a healthy Bush that is a Miami secondary.

Along with Burns,Crawford and a more seasoned Jamal Carter we will have the best secondary in the country.

Last edited:
They are all legit. Playing them in a soft bend don't break D is not helping us to get the full of their potential

We will have a very good CB group but I don't see what you see at Safety.

Highsmith was god awful last night but Jenkins and Bush weren't that much better. Jenkins is always taking terrible angles and honestly doesn't look all that fast to me. Bush is recovering and hopefully he'll bounce back next year.

I think we'll see Gunter or Burns rotating a lot at safety next year to get our best DB's out there.

Yup. Defiantly be an elite group going forward ecspcially with guys like burns coming up too

Advertisement
I didn't think Bush looked very good last night.

One play that stands out in particular is the Devonta Freeman 3rd quarter TD run. Bush took a horrible angle on that play.

Our safety play needs to get a lot better. Those guys just don't make enough plays.

None of this matters if we don't start getting some studs on the D-Line. QB's have all day to throw on first and second down. Third downs they can run screens, or QB draws cause we are predictable bringing McCord and AQM of the edges. I can do without pretty much everyone on the D-Line except AQM and McCord.

Advertisement
It won't matter how good our DB's are. Until we improve our intermediate passing coverage then teams will dink and dunk us all the way down the field.

grace and figs will be much better next year. so will kirby. this is really like his fresh year. he played little last year after being injured.

Advertisement
When we were in man our DB's were lock down no WR was open just need to fix the check down and we good

Advertisement
Deon Bush needs to be 100%. That is all. This is pretty much a lost year for him, unfortunately.

LOL @ the notion that new LB's will fix this problem.

They're being taught to spot-drop and watch the QB so it won't matter who you put at LB.

I like our DB talent a lot but cant be the best DBs in the land unless we can get off the field on 3rd and long.... yes need better dline and maybe better scheme however I watched the game again and we were slow to react on a lot of plays

they may be but any offense will pick them apart if our front 7 continues to be a cess pool

Advertisement
Back