Next Quarterback will be Mobile

954canelife

The Bj Wilkes Show
I think when coley went after Dwayne Lawson and rosier I think that was his goal. In today's college football you almost have to have a dual threat quarterback. We got pressure on Armstrong a lot but his instincts as a runner helped him evade a couple sacks.

Watching other games like Alabama vs Ole miss that was a huge problem because neither quarterback could run or like last night when the seahawks let Russel run a little. It frustrates the defense and can make a offense go when its in stalemate especially for first down. James coley offense kind of needs a running quarterback in my opinion but Kaaya is doing great not throwing one interception yet. Sometimes he gets jittery and wants to speed to fast i think.

Dwayne Lawson had a huge arm and could run wish he could have seen the potential with us because when Kaaya leaves it would have all be his smh . What do you guys think?

Advertisement
If Jack Allison comes in the handles his business he will be our next QB. You don't need a running QB. Kaaya is good but still has some things he needs to work on to make him great.

Jack Allison will be the next man up. Then hopefully Tyler Lytle. Pocket passers. Don't need a dual threat, just have to execute on the spread/pro-style.

I agree with the fact that you don't need a dual threat if you execute with a pocket passer, but I want to see Kaaya take off and run on some of his rollouts. Will keep defenses guessing. They know he's not gonna run as of now.

I do however think that eventually Miami will try a dual threat. Kaaya also threw 1 INT against Nebraska. Stupid fade into multiple coverage.

The game has changed. You need a mobile QB. Doesn't mean you need a run first QB but when the play breaks down or you have a weapon like a mobile QB for bootlegs, options, draws it's a huge advantage.

Advertisement
Jack Allison will be the next man up. Then hopefully Tyler Lytle. Pocket passers. Don't need a dual threat, just have to execute on the spread/pro-style.

***** you know that? Last I checked, Jack has not thrown a pass at a collegiate practice and your are anointing him. Jack could turn into the next Kirby Freeman.

Evan Shirreffs may have something to say about Jack being the so called "next man up!"

The game has changed. You need a mobile QB. Doesn't mean you need a run first QB but when the play breaks down or you have a weapon like a mobile QB for bootlegs, options, draws it's a huge advantage.

Yeap, Saban should give back those 3 NCs he won with those pocket passers. Mobile QBs almost always have happy feet, looking to take off instead of looking over the field for the receiver about to get open. Pocket passer is Miami dna. Just keeping Bad in the shotgun hurts our running game. I understand the attraction of the dual threat, but of our great QBs, two were what you would call mobile -- Kelly and Vinny. Neither won a NC. Granted, Jim might not be to blame. Brad looks and run like our old NC QBs. If we had proper coaching to go with him we would be a contender this year.

Coley had two 1st round dual threats at FSU in a row. Any NCs? Rapist, while mobile was much more a pocket passer they tried to get to run more. Good pocket passers are harder to find than dudes who can run and pitch a football. That is the reason you see more dual type now. We did not dominate college football by doing what everyone else did. We dominated by doing what the other could not do.

Advertisement
Ahhhh, the good ol' call for a mobile running QB by a segment of our fanbase. A debate/discussion that has been happening well before the players on our current roster were even born.

The thing that kinda amuses me about Kaaya is that he looks athletic- he's not lanky like Dorsey or heavy like a Roethlisberger or Leftwich type QB but the kid doesn't seem to be able to run at all. Like he's super slow. I've noticed a couple of instances this year where it seems like he could take off if he wanted to and he almost starts to but the burners just never turn on. It doesn't really concern me at all in the grand scheme of things but I just thought it was interesting as the kid looks like he'd have decent speed.

Kaaya is good but still has some things he needs to work on to make him great.

The things that need changing in order for him to become great at Miami aren't in his control.

I'm looking at you James Coley... and you, Corch Golden.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back