Next level training for athletes

Ghandi

Junior
I was just reading an article about the Cowboys being the first NFL team, along with 5 other College teams, to adopt STRIVR simulation technology (link below).

They mentioned it in the Stanford bowl game as one of the reasons for Hogans improvement (mentioned in the story) and now the NFL is looking to get in big.

The application itself could become standard in a couple of year so (like training tables and practice bubbles). I hope Miami gets on before the next wave of improvements and evolutionary cycles occurs.

Virtual reality QB trainer a "game changer" | UTSanDiego.com

Advertisement
Clemson and FSU also have it. This product is unbelieveable. You can use it for almost every position if I'm not mistaken.

This is seen by our current staff as an inferior training activity to dogeball and home run derby. Stanford was a pedestrian 8-5 and dallas hasn't sniffed the conference championship game in 20 years. Denzel Perryman is the mighty 1090 FM dodgeball event winner. #buildingchampions

Advertisement
If it costs more than a nickel, Cheapskate U won't get it until 2030. Most likely this staph wouldn't know how to use it anyway. They like to coach the way Ole JoePa and the Kiddie Fiddler did back in the '70's and '80's.

Last edited:
When Butch was here we would have been the first program in the country with this technology.

Now, we wait in line for our bowl of gruel like the rest of the plebes.

Advertisement
This tech is going to take QBing to a different level. Once many colleges and all the NFL teams implement this, it's going to improve qb play across the board. Should be interesting.

This tech is going to take QBing to a different level. Once many colleges and all the NFL teams implement this, it's going to improve qb play across the board. Should be interesting.

It will certainly accelerate the learning curve.

Theoritically, you can maximize athletes first, football players second by giving them an insane amount of virtual snaps w/o putting their health at risk. Essentially it means coaches will focus more on recruiting top end athletes instead of having to sacrifice one for the other.

This will make Dorito's "football first, athlete second" mentality even more stale than it is today.

Same thing with the GPS technology. Always like 5 steps behind..

They're still "testing it", it's not even really implemented.

This guy and his old school brand of football and thinking will be the final nail in this programs coffin.

- who needs a weight room!?
- who needs a playable field and a a lights!?
- who needs an indoor practice facility!?
- who needs barometrics to improve performance!?

Advertisement

Which is crazy because QB play is already at a higher level then it's ever been. 10 or 15 years ago you never would have seen freshman or RS freshman put up the kind of numbers they do now.

The thing I have to imagine is the biggest deal though is the fact that players can get so many extra reps without counting towards the practice limits. A kid who's just a workhorse could live in one of those things and get all the reps he can handle.

When Butch was here we would have been the first program in the country with this technology.

Now, we wait in line for our bowl of gruel like the rest of the plebes.

All we are anymore is a effing bad midmajor. It stinks, but the damned school just doesn't care. They could make all kinds of money off this program like they did in the '80's. No chance that they'll put a dime into upgrading it however. They eff up the Medical School and continue to concentrate on effing it up even more and ruining everything else. I have no idea what this Dr. Frenk has in store for us, but you can bet football gets a pittance if anything at all. Someday they'll get someone who will finally run this place like a REAL university with all the parts working....or maybe not. I wouldn't send them a dime. Between the Midget and Bernie Madoff, they've probably lost a ton of $$$$$$$$$$$ anyway.

"Building Champions", my ***! Banana Republic U sucks!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was just reading an article about the Cowboys being the first NFL team, along with 5 other College teams, to adopt STRIVR simulation technology (link below).

They mentioned it in the Stanford bowl game as one of the reasons for Hogans improvement (mentioned in the story) and now the NFL is looking to get in big.

The application itself could become standard in a couple of year so (like training tables and practice bubbles). I hope Miami gets on before the next wave of improvements and evolutionary cycles occurs.

Virtual reality QB trainer a "game changer" | UTSanDiego.com

I am wondering with Al Golden an staff spending alot of time this off season with the Dallas Cowboys if Miami will also purchase this simulation for Kaaya and the other QB's to use. With how inexperienced all our QB's are this could be very beneficial in managing their learning curve, especially in case Kaaya were to get hurt who will run the offense as effectively? Stanford, Auburn, Clemson, Arkansas, and Rice are FBS schools using the program thus far.

Go Canes

[video=youtube;VQSbNg-ECTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQSbNg-ECTc[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back