Next HC- $$$$$ and SENSE

Hobokane

Redshirt Freshman
I'll get this started with what I believe to be some hard facts:

The current administration has:

* made 3 straight inept hires, two of which have had no NC experience before being handed the job

* a penchant for hiring on the cheap, looks for diamonds in the rough rather than pay for experienced, or known quantities at HC

* presided over 3 different AD's with each successive hire being more inept/ball-less than the previous

* made at least 2 ill-advised or poorly conceived contract extensions

* one extension was made to an older coach who just won the NC almost by default & wasn't a highly sought commodity, and following a loss to open the season to F$U- the other, at the end of a gun and for far too many years despite the leverage Fat Al thought he had.

The common denominator's here are money, ineptitude-- and from what I can tell: INDIFFERENCE.

Why is it that everyone assumes that UM cannot pay-- cannot afford a buyout, plus paying a new HC? I know they have a long & undeniable record which screams "cheap" and "stupid" but what I'm not understanding is WHY?

Why is it we could hire reasonably talented coaches with HC experience in the 80's & 90's, and suddenly we've become the sisters of the poor, and have to settle for scraps and projects? There are a lot of other schools who do much more-- with a lot less.

At this point, doesn't the administration have to look in the mirror? Doesn't the BOT have to intervene here? Someone has to talk some sense into these people. No one knows the dynamics on the inside, but this seems so preventable, yet no one does anything to stop this runaway train.

I just don't see how this university & this program have to endure this-- it strikes me as a "choice" that Donna's made.

Advertisement
They've thought that you can hire guys who aren't that well known but they'll succeed here because of the recruiting base. Turns out that's completely wrong. Hopefully they realize now that you need a real coach to win in college football and they'll be willing to pay for it.

Its all Donna i can't wait for her to leave i wish i could **** on her like she ****ed on our Great Football program we aren't a cheap school we only become cheap under Donna and she dont know how to do coaches contracts she messed up Butch contract and then forced him to leave then she give, this *** Clown Al a contract extention which is a shame she need to go die off i will **** on her grave with pleasure

Advertisement
But what about the money????

All I read here is that "we can't afford..."

I don't think its that at all-- Its more "Donna doesn't wanna spend"

I just don't understand why everyone thinks WE CAN'T when it's looking more & more like "DONNA WON'T"

By this time, don't they have to look at their abysmal track record and conclude HER way isn't working? And since she's on the way out, shouldn't she take a step back and let the BOT do what needs to be done?

I just don't get it. We're an epic embarrassment, and she sits there and twiddles her thumbs? She sure is one helleva football program "supporter" isn't she?

And she couldn't have timed her resignation any worse.

Blake James didn't hire AG

Did I say he did? What's your point?

He's feckless, ball-less, and inept-- and this has been exposed. He didn't step in and give Fatso an ultimatum to fire Dorito, zero reprisals for his flirtation with P$U?

His lame and limp-wristed public statement of support for Golden a few weeks ago didn't make you throw up in your mouth just a little?

He's feckless, ball-less, and inept-- and this has been exposed. He didn't step in and give Fatso an ultimatum to fire Dorito, zero reprisals for his flirtation with P$U?

His lame and limp-wristed public statement of support for Golden a few weeks ago didn't make you throw up in your mouth just a little?

The guy can't go and bash the Head Coach of his football program while he is still employed. Who in there right mind would work for someone who is known for not supporting his coaches?

The guy can't go and bash the Head Coach of his football program while he is still employed. Who in there right mind would work for someone who is known for not supporting his coaches?

There are plenty of ways to "support" the HC public relations wise without being effusive in doing so... the fact he supported him publicly isn't what made me throw up in my mouth, its "how".

As to the other points about Blake James lap-dog demeanor as our AD, care to comment? I was simply pointing out the ineffectiveness of our ADs along with administration, and responding to the claim that Blake james didn't hire Golden-- which I never asserted. Next?

Advertisement
The money the administration will pay in a buyout and with a new coach will and can replaced quickly with Tv contracts and bowl money. UM has money they just decided to use it to build up the university. It's time this administration realizes what this university was built off of and that was football. It's like they sucked out all the life out of the football program to better the image of the university. Time to give back to what made this school what it is today. This is the time for them to right there wrongs for the last 10 years when it comes to the neglect of UM football.

The money the administration will pay in a buyout and with a new coach will and can replaced quickly with Tv contracts and bowl money. UM has money they just decided to use it to build up the university. It's time this administration realizes what this university was built off of and that was football. It's like they sucked out all the life out of the football program to better the image of the university. Time to give back to what made this school what it is today. This is the time for them to right there wrongs for the last 10 years when it comes to the neglect of UM football.

Worst run major university in the country. I graduated in the late '60's and it has always been that way, no matter who has been in charge. Donna has improved academics somewhat, but what's the big deal being tied with Jorts U or Kiddy Fiddler U at 48th in the rankings. If we can't do better than those two, why bother? We ain't Stanford and won't be for a very long time, if ever.

There are plenty of ways to "support" the HC public relations wise without being effusive in doing so... the fact he supported him publicly isn't what made me throw up in my mouth, its "how".

As to the other points about Blake James lap-dog demeanor as our AD, care to comment? I was simply pointing out the ineffectiveness of our ADs along with administration, and responding to the claim that Blake james didn't hire Golden-- which I never asserted. Next?

To me, he has seemed to do more than the two prior to him. There has been a lot of advancements in some of the facilities for the football team under his watch. I'd be able to judge him more effectively based up on who he hires to run any of the athletic teams. Now the administration is an absolute joke. Signing away the Orange Bowl is nearly unforgiveable. Never opening the pockets also hurts this team. All of those can't be pinned on an AD. Especially one who has been the AD for two years. Just my opinion.

Advertisement

To me, he has seemed to do more than the two prior to him. There has been a lot of advancements in some of the facilities for the football team under his watch. I'd be able to judge him more effectively based up on who he hires to run any of the athletic teams. Now the administration is an absolute joke. Signing away the Orange Bowl is nearly unforgiveable. Never opening the pockets also hurts this team. All of those can't be pinned on an AD. Especially one who has been the AD for two years. Just my opinion.

Signing away the OB IS UNFORGIVEABLE and the Single Worst thing to ever happen to South Florida sports

Signing away the OB IS UNFORGIVEABLE and the Single Worst thing to ever happen to South Florida sports

I'll never understand why some fans continue to act as though UM had any choice in the matter. Shalala offered to cough up tens of millions of dollars for UM to contribute to renovations on the OB. Plans were drawn up. The corrupt city officials backed out of the deal and screwed UM. But yea, let's blame Shalala/UM and say that it's "UNFORGIVABLE" that she "signed over" the OB.

They have the money, golden probably sold them on the idea of hiring him for cheap, the university has paid for their coaches, they made coker the highest paid coach in college, about james he cant really say anything bad about the coaches and the program that is bad PR, they have the money they were going after some big names before golden, he sold them, probably sold them that the team will be better this year, now the boosters and donars arent happy, the end of the year; hopefully during the season, we will see if they really care about the program

Advertisement

I'll never understand why some fans continue to act as though UM had any choice in the matter. Shalala offered to cough up tens of millions of dollars for UM to contribute to renovations on the OB. Plans were drawn up. The corrupt city officials backed out of the deal and screwed UM. But yea, let's blame Shalala/UM and say that it's "UNFORGIVABLE" that she "signed over" the OB.

If you want to nitpick, fine. My particular point is more in regards to what the LOSS of the OB has done to the sports culture down here.

They have the money, golden probably sold them on the idea of hiring him for cheap, the university has paid for their coaches, they made coker the highest paid coach in college, about james he cant really say anything bad about the coaches and the program that is bad PR, they have the money they were going after some big names before golden, he sold them, probably sold them that the team will be better this year, now the boosters and donars arent happy, the end of the year; hopefully during the season, we will see if they really care about the program

UM has always paid low to start with, and given raises based on performance. Coker was paid a decent-but-not-great salary to begin with, and when he won an NC and just barely lost out on a second, he leveraged that into a hefty raise that made him one of the highest paid coaches in the country.

But UM has never paid big-money to bring in a big-name coach who's already had a lot of success elsewhere.

UM has always paid low to start with, and given raises based on performance. Coker was paid a decent-but-not-great salary to begin with, and when he won an NC and just barely lost out on a second, he leveraged that into a hefty raise that made him one of the highest paid coaches in the country.

But UM has never paid big-money to bring in a big-name coach who's already had a lot of success elsewhere.

My point in that was that they were willing to pay him that much after, but most colleges do that, pay a unproven guy a little sum then give him the big contract later

Its all Donna i can't wait for her to leave i wish i could **** on her like she ****ed on our Great Football program we aren't a cheap school we only become cheap under Donna and she dont know how to do coaches contracts she messed up Butch contract and then forced him to leave then she give, this *** Clown Al a contract extention which is a shame she need to go die off i will **** on her grave with pleasure
TRUE!!!!!

Advertisement
Back