Next Class 2015

RattlerCane

Redshirt Freshman
So after seeing the past two games for the 2014 squad, do you see where the coaches are going with recruiting and do you feel like its the right direction? What are the most important positions needed and who could fill some of those spots immediately?

Advertisement
We need DL then some more DL, OL, LB and DB. That's everything from a defensive perspective. Then a HC, DC, OC, and OLine C.

Advertisement
OL - We should be signing around 6 OL in this class to add to McDermott, Darling and Linder, now loosing Gibbons to Stanford last year is a much bigger deal than people realized. I wouldn't mind trying to go after a top JUCO OLineman to fill one of those spots. Our OL is going to be really bad if Flowers leaves early to add to the loss of Shane McDermott and Feliciano. Need someone who can come in and start right away.

RB - Staff has addressed losing Duke to the NFL perfectly with adding Scarlett, Williams, Cronkrite, and possibly Walton(if he actually reclassifies[If he does then I see Cronkrite bailing]) to Yearby and Gray.

DT - Staff really needs to step this up for our 2015 class. IMO we need 4 DTs in this class with one being a JUCO, and Ryan Fines needs to be the lowest rated DT on our commit list, not one of the top.

LB - Loosing Perryman is going to hurt worse than many realize, and loosing Figs who was supposed to take over as our dominant LB after Perryman was a huge blow to this position. We really need to land at least one stud to go along with Perry who IMO is very underrated. We have enough Hybrid LB/DEs and don't use them correctly anyways, so lets please land some quality LB who play LB. Grace needs to add weight in the offseason and Owens needs to grow up quick.

WR - Outside of Chatman, our WR recruiting for 2015 is extremely week IMO, but our 2016 WR class is out of this world amazing. Losing a true deep threat like Dorsett will suck, but you gotta love the addition of a great slot guy in Berrios and talk on Brady had been very positive. I'm still expecting a solid Sr season from Scott if he can stay healthy.

TE - I think we have a very solid TE in Archibald and we still have a great shot with a few other top targets to replace Walford and Sandland, I look for us to take 2 in this class.

CB - We need 2 solid CBs in this class, loosing Gunter after this season is a bigger deal than most make it out to be, kid is a solid starter, and Tracey and Crawford will be gone the following year. My top choices would be CB Tyrek Cole, CB/S Carlton Davis(currently committed to O$U) and Davante Davis.

S - Loosing Hester to an early transfer may just be a blessing if we can convince 2 top quality Safeties to join Jaquan Johnson in this class b/c we only signed 1 last class in Gayot. S/CB Tim Irvin looks like a lock to take one of those spots and if we can by some miracle convince Ben Edwards or SBB to take that other slot then this might be the best Safety class I have ever seen.

QB - This is a slightly bigger deal now that it looks almost certain that Olsen will transfer. Having only Kaaya(Soph), Rosier(RS Fr) and Lawson(True Fr) as our only scholarship QBs next year could get shaky if any injuries occur. I know we have Jack Allison for 2016 and I am extremely excited about his ability, but IMO we should try to bring in one more QB to go along with Lawson in 2015. The perfect scenario would be landing ATH Torrence Gibson(huge longshot I know) by pitching him the fact that we now need to bring in another QB b/c of Olsen leaving, and promise him a real shot at QB. If that never works out, he will switch to WR and be better off for it b/c that is his NFL future position and the quicker he switches the more money he will make coming out.

Life after Duke, will any of the new guys coming in be able to challenge Yearby for the starting spot?

"and promise him a real shot at QB."

If we legitimately needed to open it up, this would indicate we have other problems…..

Advertisement
Back