NexGen "Fans" Are So AF (did I say it correctly?)

If you are a true Cane, you cannot have favorite Semenholes. This new generation is soft AF. This chaps my ***.

amirite or amirite?

IMG_4326.gif

Advertisement
Never had or will have a favorite Nole, Gator, Domer, Buckeye…while they play for those teams.

But as a Tampa Bay Bucs fan I was a fan of Derrick Brooks and Warrick Dunn.

When your NFL team take players from college rivals or Canes sign with NFL teams you hate (like Irvin and later JJ, etc to Dallas) the college stuff has to go.

But if college rivals go NFL rivals, the hatred continues…
As a Bucs fan too, I cosign this. When they drafted Crab-Leg Winston, I gritted my teeth. I had to root for his success the first couple of years for the sake of the Bucs.

Side Note: My disdain for the Tom Brady and The Patriots was well documented with my friends. When he signed with the bucs. My buddies blew my phone, "you still hate brady??". I told them " In business, there are no permanent friends or enemies, Let's Go Brady"

As a Bucs fan too, I cosign this. When they drafted Crab-Leg Winston, I gritted my teeth. I had to root for his success the first couple of years for the sake of the Bucs.

Side Note: My disdain for the Tom Brady and The Patriots was well documented with my friends. When he signed with the bucs. My buddies blew my phone, "you still hate brady??". I told them " In business, there are no permanent friends or enemies, Let's Go Brady"
Forgot about Winston. Ugh. Had great potential but lacked some intangibles.

I can’t think of an NFL player the Bucs acquired who I disliked, such as you and Brady. As Michael Corleone said, “It’s strictly business”.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The FSU hate felt stronger when I was at the U in the late 80s early 90s. That kirk carruthers jacka saying FSU was better than us. Blah blah blah. Burning the actual campus would have been considered acceptable.

Yeah, I never comment ever (just grateful for the info here) but if anything it’s a SoFla thing.

I graduated from UM in ‘20 (so I’m “nExGeN” right?). I specifically remember the week we lost to F$U my Freshman year there was this chick from Boca who would show to my floor in Pentland screeching about how we were gonna lose and the Semenholes are great. Mind you, Lamar had already wrecked their asses earlier that year (2016). None of the people I knew from OOS were like this because the FL kids I knew at UM all rooted for F$U.

Between that and how all the kids UM recruits down here act (I know that’s handlers but still) it’s probably more to do with how things have been down here for the past 20 years.

Oh, and mandatory **** F$U.
Wait…what? The FL kids at UM - at the University of Miami, as students - all rooted for FSU? I was there in the 90s and I never, EVER saw that.

UM students rooting for Florida State? Why on earth were they at Miami then?

Advertisement
I think you can objectively say that he may have been the best Seminole player in the last 10 years. That said, I don't have "favorite" Seminoles either.
I also don’t have favorite *****

Yeah, I never comment ever (just grateful for the info here) but if anything it’s a SoFla thing.

I graduated from UM in ‘20 (so I’m “nExGeN” right?). I specifically remember the week we lost to F$U my Freshman year there was this chick from Boca who would show to my floor in Pentland screeching about how we were gonna lose and the Semenholes are great. Mind you, Lamar had already wrecked their asses earlier that year (2016). None of the people I knew from OOS were like this because the FL kids I knew at UM all rooted for F$U.

Between that and how all the kids UM recruits down here act (I know that’s handlers but still) it’s probably more to do with how things have been down here for the past 20 years.

Oh, and mandatory **** F$U.
The bold is made up.

Advertisement
The bold is made up.
You don’t have to believe me 🤷🏾‍♂️ I will say that in general, that started to change in 2017 when we were good for two seconds. But everyone I knew rooted for other schools, or just flat out told me they didn’t care about UM ball. I grew up in Arkansas a die-hard UM fan so I don’t get it either.

Wait…what? The FL kids at UM - at the University of Miami, as students - all rooted for FSU? I was there in the 90s and I never, EVER saw that.

UM students rooting for Florida State? Why on earth were they at Miami then?
Academics and aid, I’d wager. Our name still carries weight for school and even though it’s expensive af (lol) to go to UM there’s a lot of opportunities for scholarships. Hammond Scholar, Coral Grant, etc.

Even still, at that rate just take your *** to FSU or Jortsville.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back