Newest QB offeree Gauthier schedules visit this weekend

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
The Miami Hurricanes’ most recent quarterback offer went out to 2021 Hebron Christian Academy (GA) QB Colten Gauthier late last month. Now that he knows Miami is interested in his talents, Gauthier has scheduled a visit to compete in the Manny Diaz Camps this weekend on June 15th to throw in front of offensive coordinator and QB coach Dan Enos.

“I’m looking to see the football facilities, tour the campus, and start to build a relationship with the coaches, especially coach Diaz and coach Enos,” Gauthier said. “They are building something special and I look forward to spending the day with coach Diaz and Enos and building a relationship.”

Enos spent some of his time during the spring evaluation period watching Gauthier compete in spring practice and visited him at his school before offering.

“Getting an offer from Miami was a huge blessing,” Gauthier began. “Obviously, with their history of being QB U and the great tradition there is a great plus. I spoke to coach Enos that evening and we spoke about the offer and how excited he was to offer me.”

A key part of Gauthier’s interest in the Hurricanes is being able to play for Enos.

“I am very interested in Miami because I really enjoyed speaking to coach Enos and it would be a honor to be coached by coach Enos,” Gauthier said. “It is no problem with the distance. I was born in Florida and all of my relatives still live there. Miami is definitely a high priority for me.”

The 6-3 195 pound prospect has a former NFL player as a head coach at Hebron Christian, so he is beginning to learn the habits it takes to make it at the highest level of the game.

“My head coach is Jeff Saturday so he does a really great job of preparing me to play at the next level,” Gauthier said.

A big sophomore season at Hebron Christian in which he threw for 2,250 yards, 20 TD’s, and made first team All-Region started getting the attention of college coaches, and now Gauthier has Power 5 offers from a host of programs including WVU, VT, Duke, Boston College, Syracuse, Louisville, Kentucky, Colorado, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Vanderbilt.

“I do have a lot of visits on the books already. I have been to USF, UCF, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Georgia, Duke, and South Carolina,” Gauthier said. “I will be visiting West Virginia, Colorado, Kentucky, Louisville, and Vanderbilt hopefully soon.”

So which programs coming after him are starting to standout?

“As far as a top list, I really don’t have one,” Gauthier said. “I am going to a lot of schools and getting a feel for all of them. If the feeling is right and the fit is right, I would have no problem committing early. All the schools that have offered are pushing me hard to either come to camp, visit, or commit early.”

Last season, Gauthier helped Hebron Christian Academy get to the 2nd round of the state playoffs for the first time in school history. In elevating his teammates, the talented passer believes that it is his ability to make all of the passes in a route tree that sets him apart from other QB’s his age.

“I would consider my game to be like a gunslinger,” Gauthier said. “I can make all the throws in different situations. I believe I can make all the throws from all over the field and I am a lot more mobile then people think. This offseason, I have been really working on my footwork and my first steps, making them quicker. I’ve been in the film room a lot.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I have not really noticed Jake Garcia’s film. But looking at this Gauthier kid is the truth. When he said “I can make all the throws” he really meant he can make all the throws.

Advertisement
Back