Newcomer arrivals for this summer

brock

All-American
Anyone know when the rest of the freshman class is enrolling into Miami officially? I see Some other schools have recently started getting arrivals of the rest of their freshman class

Advertisement
Advertisement
From Blake James this morning:

- James estimates that about 65 football players are “local” and participating in these informal voluntary workouts. This includes some players who are originally from out of state, but live in off-campus housing. Those 65 players have all been given physicals recently.

- Those 65 players will begin the voluntary workouts on June 15th and the hope is that the rest of the team will be welcomed to start that workout process on July 1st.

- The plan today is for practices to start on August 1st, which is the first Saturday of that month. James did admit there is some talks happening with the NCAA to allow teams to maybe start practicing a week or two before August 1st.

Early July. And of the list of names, the group that stuck out to me was the safeties. Williams, Harrell, and Balom are all still at home and not enrolled, so they're going to have a tough time coming up to speed. At least early in the year, Hall and Carter better be ready to roll for a large amount of playing time.

From Blake James this morning:

- James estimates that about 65 football players are “local” and participating in these informal voluntary workouts. This includes some players who are originally from out of state, but live in off-campus housing. Those 65 players have all been given physicals recently.

- Those 65 players will begin the voluntary workouts on June 15th and the hope is that the rest of the team will be welcomed to start that workout process on July 1st.

- The plan today is for practices to start on August 1st, which is the first Saturday of that month. James did admit there is some talks happening with the NCAA to allow teams to maybe start practicing a week or two before August 1st.
Would love an earlier practice start date considering Lashlee is installing his system even though some players have said it's pretty simple. Enos must have been an absolute nightmare

Advertisement
Would love an earlier practice start date considering Lashlee is installing his system even though some players have said it's pretty simple. Enos must have been an absolute nightmare

Unfortunately, the practice date is determined by the NCAA. I wouldn't be surprised if it got moved up to July 25th - that's the date James mentioned this morning as "under discussion" by the NCAA. This would give teams who cannot get their players on campus until later in July to do the physical workouts some additional time.

Early July. And of the list of names, the group that stuck out to me was the safeties. Williams, Harrell, and Balom are all still at home and not enrolled, so they're going to have a tough time coming up to speed. At least early in the year, Hall and Carter better be ready to roll for a large amount of playing time.
Concerning....
We need everyone up to snuff...

Advertisement
Its about time to get this thing started
An unintentional consequence of the protests is the fear of the kungflu has minimized. It's time for the coaches to take full advantage and get the boys ready for a winning season....

Anyone know when the rest of the freshman class is enrolling into Miami officially? I see Some other schools have recently started getting arrivals of the rest of their freshman class

I think there will be a difference between "reporting" and "enrolling" this year. The summer schedule and summer course offerings are a mess this year.

Advertisement
To **** with the NCAA, kick the media out, lock the building & start practicing off the books.

Just keep the coaches away & let the players run it themselves.
This! No time restrictions on players doing that I believe. You can film it and the coach can give instructions on the film and what was done wrong. And if he can’t even do that he at least has film to critique and adjust by the time practice starts.
My biggest concern is conditioning. Would love to have at least 8 weeks before game time. Last thing you need is someone out of shape going 100 at game time. It leads to injuries. You may also have players going into the season with an soft tissue injury that was cause by squeezing in too much work in a short time span.

If weight room workouts with coach Feeley for the 1st 65 players start June 15th and July 1st for the remaining players, that should be enough time to get them ready ahead of August 1st or even end of July training camp

Advertisement
Back