New York New York

Advertisement
Last time I was in NYC the Verrazano was $16

LMAO it cost me $50 to leave Long Island in a Ryder Truck with a car on a trailer back in 2009 when I moved to Palm Beach Gardens. NY's way of saying...so you want to leave? 1 last kick in the nuts/wallet.

When I got to the booth and the lady said, $50...I **** near had a stroke.

LMAO it cost me $50 to leave Long Island in a Ryder Truck with a car on a trailer back in 2009 when I moved to Palm Beach Gardens. NY's way of saying...so you want to leave? 1 last kick in the nuts/wallet.

When I got to the booth and the lady said, $50...I **** near had a stroke.

Thats why I take the free route out of NYC every time. I would rather deal with the traffic on the LIE, get off before the midtown tunnel, drive over to the Ed Koch Bridge(Free) into Manhatten, drive through Manhatten to the Lincoln Tunnel(Free) and get to Jersey that way.

Advertisement
Thats why I take the free route out of NYC every time. I would rather deal with the traffic on the LIE, get off before the midtown tunnel, drive over to the Ed Koch Bridge(Free) into Manhatten, drive through Manhatten to the Lincoln Tunnel(Free) and get to Jersey that way.
Yeah...sounds good. I drove in Manhatten a few times in my car...but not sure I wanted to dive in there with a 26ft truck and and car trailer. May have been worth the $50 to avoid getting murdered.

Yea some one told me about that route and I never took the Verrazano again.

I remember 1 time my mom was like "Where you going" and my response was you want to pay $16 to cross a bridge?

I remember 1 time my mom was like "Where you going" and my response was you want to pay $16 to cross a bridge?

I had to travel for work quite a bit into LI, Brooklyn, Queens and always took the Verrazano. My expense reports would be astronomical between that and the gas $.

At the end of the year we were so far over budget there was a travel ban.

Advertisement
All the Cubans in West New York love that Lincoln Tunnel.

I just checked google and it is now $17

And then throw in either the Goethels or the Outer Bridge and you round trip through the dump that is Staten Island is between $25 and $30 now I am sure. Oh...and those welcome to Jersey oil facilities are so scenic and aromatic.

you can end up paying that much in gas if you get caught in bad crosstown traffic. I guess not much better than Staten Island but it's taken me an hour and a half to get from 63rd and 2nd to the tunnel entrance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back