New workouts have started

And on the other side of the spectrum we have Field, an amazing recruiter who can’t teach his position group one of the most key components of their position so if one goes the other should too but it looks like both will stay.
He can, its not his fault the Tight Ends were weak as ****.

Advertisement
A lot of blocking is also about desire. Brantley the smallest one, technically an H back not even a TE but he was putting guys much bigger than him on their backs so go figure.
Well, that's not the coaches fault then, is it?

If you don't wanna block, you don't want to. They are old enough, Field doesn't have to be their father.

Well, that's not the coaches fault then, is it?

If you don't wanna block, you don't want to. They are old enough, Field doesn't have to be their father.
Sure but there's been a pattern of the majority of TE's under his tenure struggling with basic fundamentals. It's either what he's teaching them to do or what he's allowing them to do.

Advertisement
Vince Mcmahon Wwe GIF

Guidry on his first practice at Greentree seeing a 300 + pound d lineman

What lineman is that?

Advertisement
A lot of blocking is also about desire. Brantley the smallest one, technically an H back not even a TE but he was putting guys much bigger than him on their backs so go figure.
When it comes to tight ends isn’t the blocking taught by the OL coach and then the receiving taught by the receivers coach? That’s why tight ends coach a lot of the time is a recruiter

When it comes to tight ends isn’t the blocking taught by the OL coach and then the receiving taught by the receivers coach? That’s why tight ends coach a lot of the time is a recruiter
I think there's truth to that but I still figured having some ability to teach it independently is important too. Either way I can see MC values his recruiting chops enough to keep him aboard.

Advertisement
Advertisement
2 things -
Wow, Jacurri is fast

And

I see Chaney on the list, when were these times taken?

He'll have every opportunity to get on the field with his physical running style and that speed, but accuracy is the only thing that can hold him back from succeeding as a QB. He may be able to get away with it at a lesser school, but accuracy will be an emphasis as []__[] recruit and develop the position under Dawson. Emory's, number one trait is accuracy and this playbook is new for everyone in the room.

Competition at QB will be interesting and i'll look forward to the feedback when they start throwing in camp.

He'll have every opportunity to get on the field with his physical running style and that speed, but accuracy is the only thing that can hold him back from succeeding as a QB. He may be able to get away with it at a lesser school, but accuracy will be an emphasis as []__[] recruit and develop the position under Dawson. Emory's, number one trait is accuracy and this playbook is new for everyone in the room.

Competition at QB will be interesting and i'll look forward to the feedback when they start throwing in camp.
All true, I’ll just mimic what @OrangeBowlMagic has stated, and that’s if Jacurri puts that part of his game together watch out, because that athleticism can’t be taught.

If he has any work ethic, I think he can get there, it might take another year or so though imo.

Advertisement
Back