New workouts have started

Advertisement
Nah he should just call Jaelan Phillips and do his exact routine. Phillips got skinny due to a wrist injury and not playing football. Maybe Moss had an injury we don't know about. Hopefully by fall he can add 10-15 pounds and be in the rotation. We need him.

View attachment 230407
Not the same Phillips was already stacked before his injures. Moss is still growing. Easy to put weight back on that u already had.

Not all body types are the same, no matter how much you wish is true.

Moss is a kid with a real narrow frame including hips. That’s pretty hard to put on weight like JP who was much broader.

I don’t expect moss to be in the rotation until at least 2024
He can be in the rotation albeit situationally. But yes he’s definitely not physically ready to challenge for full time starter level reps. Will be very interesting to watch how Guidry & new LB coach Nicholson eventually choose to utilize him.

Advertisement
Pretty sure Guidry wants his D-Line-coach here and not Salavea.
Based on ? If that was the case, he probably wouldn’t be here. Tbh, coaching the DL is pretty universal, as in every DL coach is pretty much teaching the same things. So a DC having a DL coach that he’s familiar with is not as big of a deal as having a LB or DB coach that he’s previously worked with. Why? Because those two positions are the positions that’s making all of the calls on the defense.

Advertisement
Based on ? If that was the case, he probably wouldn’t be here. Tbh, coaching the DL is pretty universal, as in every DL coach is pretty much teaching the same things. So a DC having a DL coach that he’s familiar with is not as big of a deal as having a LB or DB coach that he’s previously worked with. Why? Because those two positions are the positions that’s making all of the calls on the defense.
Facts. And most people may not want to hear this but as awful as last year was overall the DT position group collectively played the best. Jackson played admirably minus the last couple games, LT took a nice step forward, and Moten definitely didn't look out of place in limited reps towards seasons end. Not saying we couldn't upgrade the DT coach position but the masses need to chill a bit and stop acting like the dude provided 0 value.

Based on a thought process I had and the shambolic DL recruiting. My mistake.

Not saying we couldn't upgrade the DT coach position but the masses need to chill a bit and stop acting like the dude provided 0 value.
Wonder who needs to chill, the guy accusing others of things they didn't say or the ones who voiced an opinion...

So many new faces and young guys Turing to juniors and seniors this year is going to be interesting.

Advertisement
Facts. And most people may not want to hear this but as awful as last year was overall the DT position group collectively played the best. Jackson played admirably minus the last couple games, LT took a nice step forward, and Moten definitely didn't look out of place in limited reps towards seasons end. Not saying we couldn't upgrade the DT coach position but the masses need to chill a bit and stop acting like the dude provided 0 value.
People forget he developed a 1st rounder on the d-line at Oregon

Wonder who needs to chill, the guy accusing others of things they didn't say or the ones who voiced an opinion...
I wasn’t directing anything at anyone in particular but there has been a narrative of Joe being pretty much awful and IMO it’s unwarranted

I wasn’t directing anything at anyone in particular but there has been a narrative of Joe being pretty much awful and IMO it’s unwarranted
We fired others for lack of recruiting, if that isn't a criteria for Salavea possibly being let go, I can't think of one.

Advertisement
Yup, i watched that dude fly into the backfield like a heat seeking missle in a few of the games i caught. Dudes a football player. I am excited for this new defensive scheme.
When untouched, Gentry made plays....blitzing, coverage in space, batted passes, etc.

Outside of that, he struggles. I thought he was terrible at times for USC. He's so skinny that a stiff fart knocks him backwards. You can't have a guy that light manning the inside as part of a 6-man box and expect to stop the run. He accumulates stats bc he's a volume player and does make the occasional splash play, but if he was here at Miami with fans watching every play, they would chew him up like Flagg. He should be a part-time subpackage guy.

God **** What GIF by SkinnyPop
thats because he smoked a **** ton of weed . lol . my buddy is friends with him . he owns a bar in Michigan and they smoke out all the time . lol . true story.

We fired others for lack of recruiting, if that isn't a criteria for Salavea possibly being let go, I can't think of one.
And on the other side of the spectrum we have Field, an amazing recruiter who can’t teach his position group one of the most key components of their position so if one goes the other should too but it looks like both will stay.

Advertisement
Back