New Unis !! (We hope)

I would agree with you If Rad, zo and of course Mario didn’t have the large sacks they have to tell Nike(or JB) no that’s not us.

When have you seen Bama, Michigan, USCw or even Texas get some radical uniforms??
Mario just came from Oregon, which I know has the “unique uniform” written into their DNA, but his time wasn’t exactly evidentiary of wanting a traditional look.

I think the issue is that Miami let Nike dramatically alter the design before, and therefore we don’t have a “legacy look” like the schools you mentioned do, at least not in the public consciousness. We were Nike’s first experimental baby, I don’t think it’ll be so easy just to go back and say “let’s run it back but this time be more boring”. But I’m open to being proven wrong.

Advertisement
Because there are two aspects to this.

1. How do the uniforms look - adidas has improved
2. Who is the better long-term financial partner - Nike beats adidas here

The move back to Nike (which will happen) is not about whether we are happy with the look/feel/design of our jerseys.
Ok, but the thread title is about new uniforms. Also, didn't everybody ***** about Nike when we left? Why is going back going to be better?

Ok, but the thread title is about new uniforms. Also, didn't everybody ***** about Nike when we left? Why is going back going to be better?

B/c the grass wasn’t greener on the other side. Rather than rehash proven things, if u care to revisit the pages of this thread, be my guest; but long story, short:

Appeal
Product
Quality
Back-End $$
#1 School aligning w/ #1 Brand
Direct “U-branded” Merchandise options for fans

Advertisement
My post had zero to do with what I think will happen, it is a reflection of what I want to happen.

There’s no doubt we are going back to Nike.

No problem-o, you know I love ya, and I was responding to all of the adidas Bros generally.

I just think that people need to see the bigger picture here, and let go of the Beta Blake-created myths about how mean Nike was to us at the end.

Peace and love, peace and love...

1658152154640.png

B/c the grass wasn’t greener on the other side. Rather than rehash proven things, if u care to revisit the pages of this thread, be my guest; but long story, short:

Appeal
Product
Quality
Back-End $$
#1 School aligning w/ #1 Brand
Direct “U-branded” Merchandise options for fans
as long as the ******** give us practice gear this time around. im personally hoping we shock the world and go with Li-Ning.

Mario just came from Oregon, which I know has the “unique uniform” written into their DNA, but his time wasn’t exactly evidentiary of wanting a traditional look.

I think the issue is that Miami let Nike dramatically alter the design before, and therefore we don’t have a “legacy look” like the schools you mentioned do, at least not in the public consciousness. We were Nike’s first experimental baby, I don’t think it’ll be so easy just to go back and say “let’s run it back but this time be more boring”. But I’m open to being proven wrong.

But we were always changing our uniforms. You would be hard pressed to find a team that has changed it's uniforms as much as we have. Even our "traditional" ones went through several transformations.

We are Miami. We are anti-tradition, anti-boring, anti-blue blood. The less like Alabama, ND, and Ped State we are the better.

We should keep the three stripes as our base for most games, but we should also push the envelope with alternates. We need to tell Nike "NO" when yhey dont get it right. No wearing any idea they come up with.

Advertisement
Simple. Show adidas what we want and have them do it. We need new UNIS ... anything associated with Manny get rid of.
eh these unis are nice and they're associated with richt not Manny. richt instituted the change. manny gets the turnover chain since that was his idea

Advertisement
Something that caught my attention that has been bothering me is why we can’t use the same jersey template as Boston college. I love the way those look, they don’t look nearly as cheap as the normal adidas jerseys. The numbers, the fit, the stitching, no weird lines, all looks way better than the ones Miami has. If you took away the adidas logo and added a swoosh, I’d believe they were nike. Much better quality.

Attachments

• 7FD0B6E7-DC67-413F-A291-925225AFE4F2.jpeg
    7FD0B6E7-DC67-413F-A291-925225AFE4F2.jpeg
    620.9 KB · Views: 61
  • E79F80BD-999B-40D4-8A98-12BDB40546C1.jpeg
    E79F80BD-999B-40D4-8A98-12BDB40546C1.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 3392A64A-2F32-439B-87CA-7768E35B1222.jpeg
    3392A64A-2F32-439B-87CA-7768E35B1222.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 623AE686-4789-4B59-A727-BDCB318DDA72.jpeg
    623AE686-4789-4B59-A727-BDCB318DDA72.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 359CE07D-16AD-4D12-837D-3C1785BBD06D.jpeg
    359CE07D-16AD-4D12-837D-3C1785BBD06D.jpeg
    356.8 KB · Views: 63
Something that caught my attention that has been bothering me is why we can’t use the same jersey template as Boston college. I love the way those look, they don’t look nearly as cheap as the normal adidas jerseys. The numbers, the fit, the stitching, no weird lines, all looks way better than the ones Miami has. If you took away the adidas logo and added a swoosh, I’d believe they were nike. Much better quality.
I agree. Boston College, FIU, USF all use Adidas' newest WVN A1 material and it looks much better than what we have right now. Not sure why those schools get the new tech while we're stuck with what we have.

Also, the fact that Adidas' newest material makes the jerseys look "like Nike" aligns with what I've previously said in this thread about Adidas always playing catch up and being little brother. Nike is the standard.

I agree. Boston College, FIU, USF all use Adidas' newest WVN A1 material and it looks much better than what we have right now. Not sure why those schools get the new tech while we're stuck with what we have.
I think I saw something saying the jerseys we use are the “highest quality” jerseys that adidas provides. Well the highest quality looks cheap

Advertisement

Also, the fact that Adidas' newest material makes the jerseys look "like Nike" aligns with what I've previously said in this thread about Adidas always playing catch up and being little brother. Nike is the standard.
0BAD6DFA-2222-4BF3-AD20-4B508EAAD5C7.jpeg

74BEE5D2-E027-431E-982E-ED0589F9B539.jpeg

These joints are trashhhhhhhh lol. Adidas does not make one football uniform that looks good lol

Absolutely; I think w/ Adidas is that their brand is much bigger in Europe & to ur point, they’ve reinvented themselves in The Fashion World w/ some of the hottest collabs in the industry. At the time of our signing w/ Adidas, they had slipped to #3 behind UA in appeal & value behind Nike & UA, but they made a huge surge to recapture #2

With our relationship w/ Adidas, the pros have been they definitely listened & corrected our uniforms, immediately, with that stenciled font, & listened to Richt to go back to the traditional look for our game day, while continuing to improve on that look whether it be removing their failed treading tech, or adding the shield U on the collar to prevent stretching. For that, I will give them credit; I also have no issues w/ our alternate unis (except the two Parley’s b/c they literally weren’t our colors).

With that being said, there’s been an universal gripe w/ Adidas, not just w/in this fan base, but others (outside of UL & KU) is the quality of the teams’ uniforms. I also believe another sore spot w/in this fan base is the quality of the fan gear, along w/ Adidas using our site to peddle any gear that’s any shade of Orange & Green that’s not Miami branded. I also believe, well know, there’s a sore spot of dishonesty w/in Adidas’ contract w/ us.

So yes, Adidas have had their moments, but the gripe that’s been posted goes beyond just being pro Nike or not.
well said.

Advertisement
Back