New Unis !! (We hope)

Crazy uniform designs …. The opposite of what this place pines for every time a different concept is brought up…

Don’t believe that’ll happen, especially not w/ JB. Go look at UofM, Houston, OU, UCLA, etc. All have simple, traditional designs, w/ a throw back here or there. The only alternate that I saw was a “Fallen Heroes” design for UF, which was really nicely put together. Hold up; can’t forget about those tragic Gator skin unis they approved. LMAO. But other than that, JB for the most part, keep it simple & again, may dig in the archives to pull out an oldie but goodie.

I’m sure Rad/Zo/Mario wouldn’t sign off or allow anything to get crazy.

Advertisement
Don’t believe that’ll happen, especially not w/ JB. Go look at UofM, Houston, OU, UCLA, etc. All have simple, traditional designs, w/ a throw back here or there. The only alternate that I saw was a “Fallen Heroes” design for UF, which was really nicely put together. Hold up; can’t forget about those tragic Gator skin unis they approved. LMAO. But other than that, JB for the most part, keep it simple & again, may dig in the archives to pull out an oldie but goodie.

I’m sure Rad/Zo/Mario wouldn’t sign off or allow anything to get crazy.
Agreed. I’m not overly worried about it either way, merely find it funny the different comments every time uniforms come up.

What I’m interested in is “more” and “leveling up” to keep building the Miami brand. (could be with Adidas or JB, Nike as well, but there is an element of that which seems lateral to me in a sense)

Thanks for the like on my post. If what you mentioned about us converting the equipment value to money is true, then that's on how the program was being run, and I get that. Just like you said...look who was in charge, and the mismanagement of the programs that was going on.

However, other than the initial feather uniforms w/the dumbass font, Adidas hasn't really done us wrong. We can debate the all black unis or even the ice unis we wore against Cincy, but our uniforms and equipment now look good and perform pretty **** well. While Nike/Jordan may still be king, Adidas has their own foothold in fashion as well. So it's not like we're wearing something off the shelf from Walmart. And from what I can tell, we've been staying flush with equipment and not had to convert equipment value over to cash, so maybe we learned a lesson there (not gonna give Flake credit there, but we know Radokovich isn't going to do that for sure).

I get wanting to go back to Nike/Jordan as a point of preference for some, but for some (not you Relly) to act as if Adidas has given us a raw deal and hasn't treated us well is just crazy. They started off shaky as I mentioned, but these uniforms for football specifically we have now (and really for all sports) are really good. Adidas has just been used by some as the whipping boy simply because they're not Nike/Jordan, and some dudes can't get past that, which is sad.

Absolutely; I think w/ Adidas is that their brand is much bigger in Europe & to ur point, they’ve reinvented themselves in The Fashion World w/ some of the hottest collabs in the industry. At the time of our signing w/ Adidas, they had slipped to #3 behind UA in appeal & value behind Nike & UA, but they made a huge surge to recapture #2

With our relationship w/ Adidas, the pros have been they definitely listened & corrected our uniforms, immediately, with that stenciled font, & listened to Richt to go back to the traditional look for our game day, while continuing to improve on that look whether it be removing their failed treading tech, or adding the shield U on the collar to prevent stretching. For that, I will give them credit; I also have no issues w/ our alternate unis (except the two Parley’s b/c they literally weren’t our colors).

With that being said, there’s been an universal gripe w/ Adidas, not just w/in this fan base, but others (outside of UL & KU) is the quality of the teams’ uniforms. I also believe another sore spot w/in this fan base is the quality of the fan gear, along w/ Adidas using our site to peddle any gear that’s any shade of Orange & Green that’s not Miami branded. I also believe, well know, there’s a sore spot of dishonesty w/in Adidas’ contract w/ us.

So yes, Adidas have had their moments, but the gripe that’s been posted goes beyond just being pro Nike or not.

Last edited:
I just found it interesting that it’s universally felt that Adidas’ apparel is considered of lower quality. The writer also stated even if Adidas offered more $, it would be in Auburn’s best interest to go to Nike based upon quality, fan gear, and team launch apparel.

I mean if I didn’t know any better, it’s like the guy comes to this thread. Lol. But, man, it’s so sad how many schools UA screwed over. Unbelievable.
Yeah. The only thing that Adidas has on Nike IMO, is that their “fan shoes” are better. Their ultra boost trumps (IN COMFORT) any fan shoe that I ever tried from Nike. I personally like the style of the adidas shoes, also. If we were to go JB, tho…. I would basically be handing all my money to Jordan.
1658078485768.gif

If you wearing UA shoes, you would be better off, going barefoot. Dem ******* is straight ***! Hurt every **** part of my feet.

Advertisement
There’s slight differences to keep the brands separate, but typically it’s w/in the shoes. Like for instance, the Jordan 1’s inspired The Dunks. They **** near look the same, except it’s little details that separate the two in regards to air tech vs. sole tech or lose wings vs. attached wings. In general, they have two different design teams, two different marketing, two different branding ambassadors, one parent company.

B/c of Jordan himself, he has a say so either directly or through trusted folks w/in JB to pick & choose what athlete or team rocks his logo to carry on his legacy. B/c of the select few, quality + availability is more attended to. There was a Cincy Bearcat story about being one of the 1st teams to be JB, & how the players were in heaven w/ the amount of gear, and attention they received, & how that led to better recruiting for the b-ball program (which I think Cincy is having a hindsight 20/20 moment w/ being screwed by UA).

All in all, we’ll get the same tech, but JB tends to be more attentive. My onnnnnnnnnly pause w/ JB is regarding exclusive shoes that’ll come out for us & their availability to fans. Meaning, these robots will flood the market & resell. I’ll beat a kid up for f’ing up my cop on some Jordan 4 Hurricanes! Lol.
1658079319310.gif

Yeah. The only thing that Adidas has on Nike IMO, is that their “fan shoes” are better. Their ultra boost trumps (IN COMFORT) any fan shoe that I ever tried from Nike. I personally like the style of the adidas shoes, also. If we were to go JB, tho…. I would basically be handing all my money to Jordan.
View attachment 199140

If you wearing UA shoes, you would be better off, going barefoot. Dem ******* is straight ***! Hurt every **** part of my feet.

Have u ever tried on The Pegasus Trail 3 or Flynit Epic Reacts by any chance? I’ve heard many complimentary things about the UBs, but my homegirl who works for Adidas admitted the Epic Reacts give the UBs a run for its $$

Have u ever tried on The Pegasus Trail 3 or Flynit Epic Reacts by any chance? I’ve heard many complimentary things about the UBs, but my homegirl who works for Adidas admitted the Epic Reacts give the UBs a run for its $$
Yes on the Peguses, No on the FER. I’m a have to give them a look. The Presto Elite are comfortable as ****, too. First time I put on the UBs, I was like, “Ok now I see why I spent **** near $200 for em”.

Advertisement
Yes on the Peguses, No on the FER. I’m a have to give them a look. The Presto Elite are comfortable as ****, too. First time I put on the UBs, I was like, “Ok now I see why I spent **** near $200 for em”.

Great technology; it’s crazy that no one even recognized the tech. It wasn’t until Ye incorporated it in his shoes that it took off.

Yes, I've skipped the 26 pages of you guys fighting Nike vs. Adidas, it's really boring and I don't care. Since everyone wants our uniforms to be as simple and "classic" as possible, why does it matter who makes them? Adidas seems to have ironed out the worst stuff, so why bother getting into this again?

Yes, I've skipped the 26 pages of you guys fighting Nike vs. Adidas, it's really boring and I don't care. Since everyone wants our uniforms to be as simple and "classic" as possible, why does it matter who makes them? Adidas seems to have ironed out the worst stuff, so why bother getting into this again?

Because there are two aspects to this.

1. How do the uniforms look - adidas has improved
2. Who is the better long-term financial partner - Nike beats adidas here

The move back to Nike (which will happen) is not about whether we are happy with the look/feel/design of our jerseys.

I would stick with Adidas and see if we could negotiate for a higher premium, possibly even leveraging a potential Nike offer. Surely there is a way to get more water from the stone.

This is I almost every uniform that Nike made for 15 years was absolute garbage. Literally some of the worst designs in school history, alternates included; what we have now is among the best ever, alternates included. Richt knew what to do by returning to the classic, clean look, and returning to Nike’s design intern fetish would be a mistake.

Advertisement
Because there are two aspects to this.

1. How do the uniforms look - adidas has improved
2. Who is the better long-term financial partner - Nike beats adidas here

The move back to Nike (which will happen) is not about whether we are happy with the look/feel/design of our jerseys.
IMO Miami will never go back to Nike unless it's JB and unless we start winning I don't see that as an option. Some forget the point of these relationships is for the company to make money, JB "doesn't" need money they're about clout, I'm honestly shocked Uif is JB, that was an odd choice by them, JB, to me.

I'll add if you don't like the unis now you're a brand *****...no offense. They're **** near perfect, as it pertains to looking like Miami.

I would stick with Adidas and see if we could negotiate for a higher premium, possibly even leveraging a potential Nike offer. Surely there is a way to get more water from the stone.

This is I almost every uniform that Nike made for 15 years was absolute garbage. Literally some of the worst designs in school history, alternates included; what we have now is among the best ever, alternates included. Richt knew what to do by returning to the classic, clean look, and returning to Nike’s design intern fetish would be a mistake.
I would agree with you If Rad, zo and of course Mario didn’t have the large sacks they have to tell Nike(or JB) no that’s not us.

When have you seen Bama, Michigan, USCw or even Texas get some radical uniforms??

Last edited:
IMO Miami will never go back to Nike unless it's JB and unless we start winning I don't see that as an option. Some forget the point of these relationships is for the company to make money, JB "doesn't" need money they're about clout, I'm honestly shocked Uif is JB, that was an odd choice by them, JB, to me.

I'll add if you don't like the unis now you're a brand *****...no offense. They're **** near perfect, as it pertains to looking like Miami.
We are going back to Nike. It’s in the works.

Advertisement

I don't know how to say it any other way. We're going to leave adidas. And a very clean Nike uniform design has already been posted on this thread (as "leaked" by Alonzo).

Not sure why people continue to beat this into the ground. It's happening, the only question is when.

EDIT: Just saw your post @Hurracanes , I had started to type my response, but we are saying the same thing.

It's happenin' cap'n.

I don't know how to say it any other way. We're going to leave adidas. And a very clean Nike uniform design has already been posted on this thread (as "leaked" by Alonzo).

Not sure why people continue to beat this into the ground. It's happening, the only question is when.

EDIT: Just saw your post @Hurracanes , I had started to type my response, but we are saying the same thing.

It's happenin' cap'n.
Mario is going to get annoyed by Adidas sooner than later. I would be surprised if we are still Adidas by the time we jump into the SEC but just speculation on my part.

It's happenin' cap'n.
My post had zero to do with what I think will happen, it is a reflection of what I want to happen.

There’s no doubt we are going back to Nike.

Advertisement
Back