New Unis !! (We hope)

Advertisement
Best unis since those 2000 - 2003 unis imo. The orange tops, white pants and white tops, green pants combos were absolutely FIRE. Ya I wasn’t a fan of the alternate helmets, the white helmet classic U with those two combos were the best unis in CFB that year. Legit looked like NFL jerseys.

Yeah man; they were super dope; like I promise u, if Adidas had the same design, I would echo the same words. The craftsmanship & detail was fire. It was aesthetically sound, & performance friendly. Like I told my new boy on here, @PalyCane (thanks for ur contributions to this thread, my man), if or when we go back home, I want Nike to focus on simple jerseys, & every now & then, hit us w/ an alternate or throw back to commemorate a special moment in history.

@DMoney Also, wanted to drop something by you. I know u mentioned how there were times we had ripped jerseys w/ Nike; so just talking to my frat who’s on UCLA’s board of trustee, & he said the partnership w/ JB/Nike has been great, but due to the UA litigation fiasco & UCLA bleeding $$ from the pandemic from loss of ticket sales, they’re going to convert $$ allocated to uniforms to cash settlements.

I’m not sure if that was the case w/ us, however under Nike contracts, a school can decide to forgo uniforms for cash allotments. So that could’ve happened.

@Rellyrell My CIS is acting weird so I can’t send this image in PM but check these out.
23304360-22A3-4FEB-BEFD-AA8BD0011C33.jpeg

Advertisement
Old timer vote, but go with the classic 80's unis. Have special occasion unis every once in a while, but stick with the basics. Revert the current Chicago Bear number font to the way it was a couple of years ago and call it a day.

Advertisement
Here’s my issue with Adidas. Currently there are only 21 items for fans to purchase on their website. There’s 1 t shirt, 1 hoodie, and 2 polos. That is just not acceptable.

Check the website & peep the salmon shoes & pants for sale on our site. Smh (Anything remotely Orange or Green they’ll use our site for. Smh. Several of these items r not only non-U branded, but chit is not even our colors!

Does everyone forget the reports that for a few years near the end of the contract that Nike had us practicing/playing in old gear? That they wouldn't send us new cleats or practice jerseys when ours were all falling apart/faded? And besides football...apparently that was happening in multiple sports?

You can have your issues with Adidas, which is fine, but Nike doing that to us was wrong when we were one of the biggest name schools they had. It's inexcusable.

Should we ever swap out of Adidas and go back to Nike or Jordan brand, Radakovich had better learn from history and make sure there's a clause in the contract to never allow that **** to happen ever again. If you're going to wear someone's brand, they'd better be willing to supply all the apparel/equipment needed, period.

Not sure if I responded to this post, but I did like it. In this thread, I hit up D$ to provide an explanation of what might’ve taken place in that scenario:

In Nike’s contract, a school has an option to convert apparel allotment into cash allotment. UCLA is struggling right now, financially, due to Covid & UA’s breach of contract. Come next yr, UCLA is going to forgo gear & take the $$. That means replacements & things like that all have to be done in house, b/c they’re substituting supplies for cash. (Part of the reason they’re eager to bounce the Pac-12)

I’m not saying that was the case w/ us, but just knowing who was in charge, it would’ve appeared that way. Truth be told, even though Nike had some horrible, futuristic designs at times, we were always the 1st to receive their latest concepts/tech.

Here’s from 2010, 4 yrs away from not renewing our contract:

And this was from 2014

I believe there’s a lot of things that’s been taken out of context over the yrs. We were Nike’s first, yes, and they treated us as such. To take the time to design new uniforms for a squad takes effort. I’m not talking about adding a plastic shield on a uniform so The U don’t become a V; I’m talking about literally designing from top to bottom, trying to combine history w/ future.

Now, did I personally like some of these concepts?? Hellllll no & u will never see those unis in my repertoire, but the fact is this: Outside of NikeU or UO, no other squad has had more uniforms created for them outside of us. Now, we can debate & say “just keep it simple or traditional” & that’s fine, but that’s not my point; the point is Nike DID care for us & treated us very well, DESPITE how far WE went away from being The U they fell in love w/. That’s like me meeting a hot chick, we vibe, we rock & we get married, then w/in our marriage, she completely stop taking care of herself, refuse to get her chit together, including abandoning our partnership looking to get taken care of w/o helping me grow. Imma love her, but wtf am I supposed to do w/ that?

At the end of the day, Nike still flirts w/ us by re-releasing color ways specifically to our U. They had the same love for UofM, & ironically both UofM & us did the same chit, including thinking the grass was greener w/ the other company.

Speaking of UofM, their players r now getting paid for jerseys w/ their names on them. The authentic jerseys, not some random chit. Lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
“PMs acting up” suuuuureee…. U just wanted to flex on the board and show em off lol jk. Them joints are fire tho 🔥

😂 my reply section options really aren’t working. I can’t bold things, or search GIFS on this site, etc.. In a PM, I can’t attach any images, hence why I did it hear. The shoes are dope, though. 💯

Advertisement
Back