New Unis !! (We hope)

Friend, Adidas & exclusive should never be used in the same sentence. Maybe Yeezy & exclusive, Adidas + Gucci & exclusive, Hu & exclusive, but certainly not Adidas & exclusive. Not in the realm of sports athletics. U’re 4getting the chit load of G5 schools Adidas sponsors. The few P5 schools they sponsor: UL, UDub, Nebraska, ASU, Miss St, TAMU, KU, NCSt, Indiana, Rutgers all suck.

If anything, Jordan Brand is the exclusive brand. JB only sponsors 6 schools…….total (UF, OU, UCLA, Houston, UofM, UNC)

-Nike sponsors 52% of FBS
-Adidas sponsors 29%
-UA sponsors 13%
-Jordan Brand sponsors 5%,
-NB just hopped in w/ BC, but the CFB side hasn’t kicked in yet, but they are at 1%.
This is retarded. You contradicted yourself in the second sentence. And then further contradicted yourself in the list you made.

Cognitive dissonance much?

Advertisement
Friend, Adidas & exclusive should never be used in the same sentence. Maybe Yeezy & exclusive, Adidas + Gucci & exclusive, Hu & exclusive, but certainly not Adidas & exclusive. Not in the realm of sports athletics. U’re 4getting the chit load of G5 schools Adidas sponsors. The few P5 schools they sponsor: UL, UDub, Nebraska, ASU, Miss St, TAMU, KU, NCSt, Indiana, Rutgers all suck.

If anything, Jordan Brand is the exclusive brand. JB only sponsors 6 schools…….total (UF, OU, UCLA, Houston, UofM, UNC)

-Nike sponsors 52% of FBS
-Adidas sponsors 29%
-UA sponsors 13%
-Jordan Brand sponsors 5%,
-NB just hopped in w/ BC, but the CFB side hasn’t kicked in yet, but they are at 1%.

The Nike/Jordan combo has a 2-to-1 lead on second-place adidas...

Wake up, people...

This is retarded. You contradicted yourself in the second sentence. And then further contradicted yourself in the list you made.

Cognitive dissonance much?

I’m sorry, but how did I contradict myself? Are we represented by Yeezy? Are we represented by Gucci? Are we represented by Pharrell? If so, pls, let me know.

Furthermore, I was giving u context as to Adidas collaborations in the fashion industry as being exclusive, but if I was talking fashion, I would’ve said Nike + Drake, Nike + Billie Eilish, Nike + Louis Vuitton, Nike + Off White, Nike + AMBUSH, Nike + Supreme, Nike + Tom Sachs, Nike + Kevin Hart, JB + Trophy Room, JB + Solefly, etc. etc. So even in the fashion arena, Nike’s exclusivity trumps Adidas by a country mile.

But hold on blood; if anyone contradicted themselves was u. U literally said: “I feel like it’s more exclusive than Nike.”

‘We JUST NEED ADIDAS to treat us like their flagship.’

I outlined 10 other P5 programs that Adidas sponsors. Who out of those 10 has the cache as us? Yet, u’re beginning this “exclusive” company who doesn’t have many P5 teams under its belt to treat us like their flagship? How oxymoronic is that?

Again, based upon total teams sponsored by Adidas, they r not considered exclusive. Jordan Brand would be the exclusive brand, both on & off the field.

Nike has the best quality uniform by far, adidas has by far the worst - basically spandex material.

Some of y’all love to point out some of the poor designs we received from Nike (who signed off on these though??) But adidas gave us some of the worst designed uniforms in college football history, and it was only because they were so atrocious that someone had to come in (Richt and crew probably) and have them fix it. They then fixed it and they still had the stupid *** strawberry design on it. Fixed that and to this day they still can’t get the logo right. Their cleats have been tacky as fvck too, black cleats orange laces… fvck is this Halloween?

This shouldn’t be up for debate, we are a Nike school, not some tier 2 beta adidas school.

Yes, Nike gave us some crap jerseys, but we now have a competently run Athletic dept that should be able to work with them on design. Adidas can give us the best design in the world but can’t replace the fact that their material and quality flat out suck.

Advertisement
My point:

Nike, Adidas, UA, Jordan brand — doesn’t matter, we now have competent people in the athletic dept that can work with them on design.

What cannot be replaced or fixed by us? The quality of uniform and material. Adidas is flat out the worst, nothing we can do alone to fix that.

So at least by going with Nike we know we are getting the highest quality, cleanest threads. Everything else can be worked on with the classic uniforms as a proxy. Easy fix.

My point:

Nike, Adidas, UA, Jordan brand — doesn’t matter, we now have competent people in the athletic dept that can work with them on design.

What cannot be replaced or fixed by us? The quality of uniform and material. Adidas is flat out the worst, nothing we can do alone to fix that.

So at least by going with Nike we know we are getting the highest quality, cleanest threads. Everything else can be worked on with the classic uniforms as a proxy. Easy fix.

And every single Adidas sponsored school has the same issue. There was already a side by side comparison of us & TAMU in this thread.

My point:

True! Spot on. Even though I like Adidas over UA. That being said, Nike **** is by far the highest quality out there. If we go JB, I may have to get a 2nd job for all the fan merch I would buy, while getting used to seeing the Jordan logo on the football uniforms (personal issue, 🤣).

True! Spot on. Even though I like Adidas over UA. That being said, Nike **** is by far the highest quality out there. If we go JB, I may have to get a 2nd job for all the fan merch I would buy, while getting used to seeing the Jordan logo on the football uniforms (personal issue, 🤣).

Haha JB would be dope, but now that the gatas are JB I don’t want that ****

Advertisement
Advertisement
My point:

And every single Adidas sponsored school has the same issue. There was already a side by side comparison of us & TAMU in this thread.
Agree on all points. I own game worn/issued Clinton Portis and DJ Williams Nike jerseys from the 2001 era, player issued 2004 era Nike jersey, game worn 2008 era Nike jersey, Rayshawn Jenkins game worn Nike jersey from the 2014 era, and player issued 2017 Adidas black jersey. Even the older Nike quality has the newer Adidas quality beat. I was going to add the 2018 and the current silhouette of Adidas player issued jerseys to my collection, but I can't get myself to pay that much for stuff that isn't up to snuff

I’m still a big fan of the 2014 uni’s…the quality of those were outstanding. We just chose to wear combos that weren’t my favorite (all green for example)…but those uni’s were so ****** clean man. I own two of those jerseys, the orange and the white.

It’s two factors that’s playing in the distaste of these unis:

-Remember we were coming off the 2013 season, our most successful since 2009, & it looked like we were primed for a turning point 2014. It was an unmitigated disaster

-Like u said, Golden’s choice of uni combo was absolutely horrific. So all ppl remember is us looking like FAMU or that all green joint.

The uniforms themselves were fire; and again, anyone can go back to the YouTube of the players getting super geeked for the unveiling. Nike also incorporated some tech in the unis specifically for us for performance purposes.

My only gripe w/ the unis was I thought the colored helmets should’ve been matted vs. glossed, but I also understood they were renditions of old shells in the archives. But to me, those were our best modernized unis in a minute.

Advertisement
It’s two factors that’s playing in the distaste of these unis:

-Remember we were coming off the 2013 season, our most successful since 2009, & it looked like we were primed for a turning point 2014. It was an unmitigated disaster

-Like u said, Golden’s choice of uni combo was absolutely horrific. So all ppl remember is us looking like FAMU or that all green joint.

The uniforms themselves were fire; and again, anyone can go back to the YouTube of the players getting super geeked for the unveiling. Nike also incorporated some tech in the unis specifically for us for performance purposes.

My only gripe w/ the unis was I thought the colored helmets should’ve been matted vs. glossed, but I also understood they were renditions of old shells in the archives. But to me, those were our best modernized unis in a minute.
Best unis since those 2000 - 2003 unis imo. The orange tops, white pants and white tops, green pants combos were absolutely FIRE. Ya I wasn’t a fan of the alternate helmets, the white helmet classic U with those two combos were the best unis in CFB that year. Legit looked like NFL jerseys.

Advertisement
Back