New Unis !! (We hope)

Advertisement
I trust Dan.

You didn't see a bunch of ****ty Clemson uniforms over the last decade, did you?

(I mean, beyond the obvious vomit-inducing orange-and-purple colors)...

(y) so long as that occurred I'd be A-ok. I think we have a look that's part of our brand, and it should be respected and reflected no different than the other iconic football programs. I'd be fine with Nike or whomever as long as we continue to look like UM.

1. They never tried to change our “U” to a clam. It was the Ibis that was changed, & that design was predicated on a sleek, fast moving ibis. Needless to say it didn’t go over well w/ most & it was changed

2. Again, for the 1002nd time, NIKE DID NOT PUT US IN THE FAMU, POMPANO ELY COMBINATION. That was Al Golden & Al Golden alone who featured this hideous combination.

3. As highlighted by our own archive, Miami doesn’t have a traditional look. They’ve had multiple jersey colors, schemes, combinations well b4 Nike even came on the scene. The 80’s were our longest tenured look, but u can check the archives, we were Oregon before Oregon, my friend. I know that’s a hard concept to swallow, but that’s why important to check history vs. nostalgia.

4. With that being said, keeping it simple for 90% of the season is alright by me, but I would not mind seeing an alternate or a throw back. If u notice, most of the kids love rocking the black unis & those r definitely not in our history.

#4 is the bottom line, and on that we have no disagreement.

I would also add that while I acknowledge that UM teams throughout history did wear a wide variety of uniform style, the commencement of our dynasty years was with the stripes all the way through 2000 when we should have gone to the NC game. IMO that run of greatness in those uniforms designates them as our iconic look and therefore elevates them from other uniform styles throughout UM history.

But doesn't sound like we disagree, and absolutely adding variety a few times a year would be cool with me.

Advertisement
Am I the only one that likes adidas? I feel like it’s more exclusive than Nike.

We just need adidas to treat us like their flagship.

Give me these back asap.....
img_1_1649533011184.png

Advertisement
1. They never tried to change our “U” to a clam. It was the Ibis that was changed, & that design was predicated on a sleek, fast moving ibis. Needless to say it didn’t go over well w/ most & it was changed

2. Again, for the 1002nd time, NIKE DID NOT PUT US IN THE FAMU, POMPANO ELY COMBINATION. That was Al Golden & Al Golden alone who featured this hideous combination.

3. As highlighted by our own archive, Miami doesn’t have a traditional look. They’ve had multiple jersey colors, schemes, combinations well b4 Nike even came on the scene. The 80’s were our longest tenured look, but u can check the archives, we were Oregon before Oregon, my friend. I know that’s a hard concept to swallow, but that’s why important to check history vs. nostalgia.

4. With that being said, keeping it simple for 90% of the season is alright by me, but I would not mind seeing an alternate or a throw back. If u notice, most of the kids love rocking the black unis & those r definitely not in our history.
When you've got Denzel Perryman out there looking like E. Honda, the Cane collective must be looking like Blanche Ely.

My brother, as soon as we switch back to nike i will gladly give you my adidas UM gear. The size L shirts fits like schmediums so get that cardio in. But i do have a nice 1/4 zip and track suit combo from Caneswear

Advertisement
Advertisement

Friend, Adidas & exclusive should never be used in the same sentence. Maybe Yeezy & exclusive, Adidas + Gucci & exclusive, Hu & exclusive, but certainly not Adidas & exclusive. Not in the realm of sports athletics. U’re 4getting the chit load of G5 schools Adidas sponsors. The few P5 schools they sponsor: UL, UDub, Nebraska, ASU, Miss St, TAMU, KU, NCSt, Indiana, Rutgers all suck.

If anything, Jordan Brand is the exclusive brand. JB only sponsors 6 schools…….total (UF, OU, UCLA, Houston, UofM, UNC)

-Nike sponsors 52% of FBS
-Adidas sponsors 29%
-UA sponsors 13%
-Jordan Brand sponsors 5%,
-NB just hopped in w/ BC, but the CFB side hasn’t kicked in yet, but they are at 1%.

Advertisement
Back