New Unis !! (We hope)

I didn’t like the wired **** Nike gave us towards the end. I didn’t like the “bra strap” joint that 4 is wearing. We had another Nike set that that was after the bra straps that looked like it had eyebrows over the numbers. Hated that ****, too. I just want Nike to copy what adidas has given us recently (what Russell gave us originally), and I’m sold. I like Nike uniforms better because it looks like it’s better quality, better fit, and more fan friendly.

I hear ya. I just want a cooperative agreement, where we can see some "rough drafts" of design elements in advance, and not just be handed some ****ty jersey with feathers on the sleeves as we are told "take it or leave it".

Hey, when those shadow-boxed lettering jerseys came out in the late 90s...the first time I saw them...I was a little shaken up. It was a departure. But I got used to it quickly, they looked nice. But the late Nike/early adidas stuff? Those were the jerseys where we needed Jankovich or Dee to step in and say "not so fast, my friend".

Advertisement
I hear ya. I just want a cooperative agreement, where we can see some "rough drafts" of design elements in advance, and not just be handed some ****ty jersey with feathers on the sleeves as we are told "take it or leave it".

Hey, when those shadow-boxed lettering jerseys came out in the late 90s...the first time I saw them...I was a little shaken up. It was a departure. But I got used to it quickly, they looked nice. But the late Nike/early adidas stuff? Those were the jerseys where we needed Jankovich or Dee to step in and say "not so fast, my friend".
Exactly!!!

I mean, look, I have to laugh at you.

You are complimenting adidas for copying a Russell design. And then acting as if Nike didn't produce any of our great "dynasty" uniforms.

Here's a hot take that nobody here is going to like. If that 2001-ish uniform design was on a garbage team Miami fans would hate it. Don't think it was a good design at all.

Here's a hot take that nobody here is going to like. If that 2001-ish uniform design was on a garbage team Miami fans would hate it. Don't think it was a good design at all.
I agree 100%. That design is basura - people only like it because it’s linked to the greatest college football team of all time.

Advertisement
I agree 100%. That design is basura - people only like it because it’s linked to the greatest college football team of all time.

Nope. That design was the best of the Nike designs, it incorporate the "wave" motif across the shoulders, and it looked great. Just look at how many high school uniforms STILL use this design template. Beautiful and distinctive jerseys.

I agree. They were fire but old timers would still hate on it. **** a lot of fans don’t like it now.

We have consistently had some of the best uniforms in cfb for a long time. A few of the Nike alternates were duds but otherwise were fire. The “bra strap” was stupid. The stripe should have gone down the side of the ribs to line up with the pants and around the arm bands. They could have been really clean.

The uniforms in the 90s were really good and we will go back to something similar when Nike takes over.

Advertisement
I would love to see us switch to back to Nike. I think Nike just seems to be higher end, both with the player uniforms and fan merch. I would definitely stock up on Nike gear if available.

I think some people are against that because Nike left a bad taste in peoples mouths with the horrible jerseys they gave us over the last 5-10 years of their contract. I might be in the minority, but I really liked the 04-06 uniforms. Thought they looked high quality and most people I know liked them too, I just recently found out through CIS that people didn’t like these. Maybe people dislike that these replaced the awesome 2000-2003 uniforms (I won’t tolerate any slander of these works of art).

The 07-13 jerseys though, my god… those should’ve been burned after the debacle against UVA in the OB’s last game. Not just that, but they were horrible, tacky and cheap looking. And Golden made it worse rocking his horrible all orange combo. The 2014 ones were definitely something different, a lot of people hated them, and while I thought it had some potential, the execution was horrible (thanks again Golden) and it was clear we needed something better.

In comes Adidas and follows that up with the feather jerseys, and if it wasn’t clear that our program was dead by then, these jerseys made sure everyone knew. Thank god Richt got these corrected with the retro look jerseys, which I think have been pretty decent. Even though not perfect (stretched out U on the neck and other quality control issues) I think we can all respect the clean, classic look.

But with the Adidas there just always seems to be something off or missing. We’re about to start playing big boy football again and I would love to see us in Nike gear again, for the players and fans.

I agree. They were fire but old timers would still hate on it. **** a lot of fans don’t like it now.

We have consistently had some of the best uniforms in cfb for a long time. A few of the Nike alternates were duds but otherwise were fire. The “bra strap” was stupid. The stripe should have gone down the side of the ribs to line up with the pants and around the arm bands. They could have been really clean.

The uniforms in the 90s were really good and we will go back to something similar when Nike takes over.

I think what we see in this fan base is a case of traditionalist vs. modernist. The crazy part of this program’s history is that we’re more Oregon, as far as uniform alternatives, vs. a PSU, OSU, UofM, Bama, ND, SC, etc.

Look at our history of unis since the 1920’s: from color scheme, patterns, etc., they’ve changed **** near every 6-10 yrs. The attachment to the idea that Miami has a “traditional look” is based upon the 80’s & is strictly nostalgia. The 80’s redefined this school from Suntan U to “The U.” Therefore, that’s our iconic look.

Imo, Nike did a great job in modernizing our look going into the shadowed numbers era of the late 90’s (one that the NFL also used), to the iconic early 2000 jerseys. Introducing that “U” on the collar became a mainstay & a pattern that most universities use til this day.

I personally didn’t have a problem w/ the “bra strap” jersey, especially the fan version. The aesthetics were tight & solid. I had a huge problem w/ the first pro combat version, although it was literally designed after our trademark of “speed.” Like, the entire pro combat line came off of us (I posted an article about it).

My issues w/ Adidas is their aesthetics are not tight, at all. I like that they’ve gone to our 80’s look, but I can literally tell what teams r sponsored by Nike, UA vs. Adidas just based upon aesthetics. When Ole Miss played Miss St in the egg bowl, it was obvious who had a Nike jersey vs. Adidas b/c Miss St have the same **** issues.

Adidas is the #2 sportswear company in the world, & there’s no reason for our jerseys to be falling off the shoulder pads, the U stretched out, names on the name plates crooked & different fonts; that’s until u realize Adidas is #2 based upon European sports. They’ve struggled mightily w/ American Sports & its athletes.

Attachments

• 69B3C3D5-289B-4AB4-A37A-1F51F006BBD2.jpeg
    69B3C3D5-289B-4AB4-A37A-1F51F006BBD2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I would love to see us switch to back to Nike. I think Nike just seems to be higher end, both with the player uniforms and fan merch. I would definitely stock up on Nike gear if available.

I think some people are against that because Nike left a bad taste in peoples mouths with the horrible jerseys they gave us over the last 5-10 years of their contract. I might be in the minority, but I really liked the 04-06 uniforms. Thought they looked high quality and most people I know liked them too, I just recently found out through CIS that people didn’t like these. Maybe people dislike that these replaced the awesome 2000-2003 uniforms (I won’t tolerate any slander of these works of art).

The 07-13 jerseys though, my god… those should’ve been burned after the debacle against UVA in the OB’s last game. Not just that, but they were horrible, tacky and cheap looking. And Golden made it worse rocking his horrible all orange combo. The 2014 ones were definitely something different, a lot of people hated them, and while I thought it had some potential, the execution was horrible (thanks again Golden) and it was clear we needed something better.

In comes Adidas and follows that up with the feather jerseys, and if it wasn’t clear that our program was dead by then, these jerseys made sure everyone knew. Thank god Richt got these corrected with the retro look jerseys, which I think have been pretty decent. Even though not perfect (stretched out U on the neck and other quality control issues) I think we can all respect the clean, classic look.

But with the Adidas there just always seems to be something off or missing. We’re about to start playing big boy football again and I would love to see us in Nike gear again, for the players and fans.

If u go back to that uniform intro for the 2014 season, that FAMU combo was not on display! Lol Golden mishandled that season & the uniform combinations that yr, & proceeded to obliterate the 2015 season.

Advertisement
There must be an opt-out in the contract if Miami officials want to do something with Nike.

Wish I could view the direct details regarding that; most of these contracts have some period of negotiations or possibly early termination/buyout agreement. Just not sure of our details.

Holding on to hope that a good season will maybe bring Nike (or jumpman) into some back door talks with us to move over while we’re on our way back up

Wish I could view the direct details regarding that; most of these contracts have some period of negotiations or possibly early termination/buyout agreement. Just not sure of our details.
Maybe we found a breach of contract on Adidas part, who knows...

Advertisement
1. The first picture is our official throw back, so I have no idea why U posted that.

2. Was one of Nike’s worst idea of this pro combat.

3. Stop blaming Nike for this combo; that was Golden. The HC picked the uniform combo

4. Have no words.

However….u post 3 uniforms, one being a combo choice in 27 yrs. Never forget!

Year 1:

And I’m sure everyone loves our aqua blue Parley jerseys, the soccer Parley jersey, strawberry patch jerseys, M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter format, & going from The U to The V…all w/in 7 yrs. Lol.

I know people rag on these but I like this uni alot....
e3eca660b7f10967996db979cc6787aa--hurricanes-football-miami-hurricanes.jpg

I mean, look, I have to laugh at you.

You are complimenting adidas for copying a Russell design. And then acting as if Nike didn't produce any of our great "dynasty" uniforms.

Yeah, these sucked:
View attachment 191336

These too:
View attachment 191337

The worst, right?
View attachment 191339

Turrrrrible...
View attachment 191340

But, yeah, we should be giving all the credit in the world to adidas for copying our basic Russell design, after they gave us our all-time worst REGULAR jersey (not one-off special alternate jersey) in 2015, including the mix of UpPeR and lOwEr CaSe LeTtErS on the players' names...

View attachment 191341
Post of the yr nominee as well

I think what we see in this fan base is a case of traditionalist vs. modernist. The crazy part of this program’s history is that we’re more Oregon, as far as uniform alternatives, vs. a PSU, OSU, UofM, Bama, ND, SC, etc.

Look at our history of unis since the 1920’s: from color scheme, patterns, etc., they’ve changed **** near every 6-10 yrs. The attachment to the idea that Miami has a “traditional look” is based upon the 80’s & is strictly nostalgia. The 80’s redefined this school from Suntan U to “The U.” Therefore, that’s our iconic look.

Imo, Nike did a great job in modernizing our look going into the shadowed numbers era of the late 90’s (one that the NFL also used), to the iconic early 2000 jerseys. Introducing that “U” on the collar became a mainstay & a pattern that most universities use til this day.

I personally didn’t have a problem w/ the “bra strap” jersey, especially the fan version. The aesthetics were tight & solid. I had a huge problem w/ the first pro combat version, although it was literally designed after our trademark of “speed.” Like, the entire pro combat line came off of us (I posted an article about it).

My issues w/ Adidas is their aesthetics are not tight, at all. I like that they’ve gone to our 80’s look, but I can literally tell what teams r sponsored by Nike, UA vs. Adidas just based upon aesthetics. When Ole Miss played Miss St in the egg bowl, it was obvious who had a Nike jersey vs. Adidas b/c Miss St have the same **** issues.

Adidas is the #2 sportswear company in the world, & there’s no reason for our jerseys to be falling off the shoulder pads, the U stretched out, names on the name plates crooked & different fonts; that’s until u realize Adidas is #2 based upon European sports. They’ve struggled mightily w/ American Sports & its athletes.

I have argued the point of how we change uniforms to no avail.

Old heads is stubborn.

If u go back to that uniform intro for the 2014 season, that FAMU combo was not on display! Lol Golden mishandled that season & the uniform combinations that yr, & proceeded to obliterate the 2015 season.

I liked that combo, I just hated how the colors of helmet and pants were mismatched.

I want the orange and green helmets back. Doubt it happens.

Advertisement
Back