New Unis !! (We hope)

God I hope we go back to Nike.

"Guys look, the orange of the shield in the Adidas uniforms is Pantone 1664 and clearly not the official Pantone 1665. What a joke! Can't wait to go back to Nike."

2005-throwback-uniform.jpg

2005-nike-revolution.jpg
herb-waters-ncaa-football-miami-georgia-tech1.jpg

2010-pro-combat.jpg

Advertisement
"Guys look, the orange of the shield in the Adidas uniforms is Pantone 1664 and clearly not the official Pantone 1665. What a joke! Can't wait to go back to Nike."

View attachment 191305

View attachment 191306View attachment 191308
View attachment 191307

1. The first picture is our official throw back, so I have no idea why U posted that.

2. Was one of Nike’s worst idea of this pro combat.

3. Stop blaming Nike for this combo; that was Golden. The HC picked the uniform combo

4. Have no words.

However….u post 3 uniforms, one being a combo choice in 27 yrs. Never forget!

Year 1:

And I’m sure everyone loves our aqua blue Parley jerseys, the soccer Parley jersey, strawberry patch jerseys, M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter format, & going from The U to The V…all w/in 7 yrs. Lol.

Attachments

• AD3CE279-018C-4F55-873C-D5D5389168D9.jpeg
    AD3CE279-018C-4F55-873C-D5D5389168D9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • C85D8596-B2CC-4416-AD44-8C70797F6E8D.jpeg
    C85D8596-B2CC-4416-AD44-8C70797F6E8D.jpeg
    738.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 7448493F-D17A-4EB1-9624-F3D16CA0C4AA.jpeg
    7448493F-D17A-4EB1-9624-F3D16CA0C4AA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • 45E3B68C-8983-41C9-A8F4-DE0B168A9C26.jpeg
    45E3B68C-8983-41C9-A8F4-DE0B168A9C26.jpeg
    978.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 7AFD555B-D482-453D-B50A-B66C6C5D3D42.jpeg
    7AFD555B-D482-453D-B50A-B66C6C5D3D42.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
It’s better to be the flagship Adidas school than one of many top Nike schools. More leverage for more money and better designs.

And objectively even the worse Adidas concepts have been light years than most of the Nike trash we got. Blow the top off the season, generate insane hype for the resurgent canes, and renegotiate a huge deal to keep them.

Advertisement
1. The first picture is our official throw back, so I have no idea why U posted that.

2. Was one of Nike’s worst idea of this pro combat.

3. Stop blaming Nike for this combo; that was Golden. The HC picked the uniform combo

4. Have no words.

However….u post 3 uniforms, one being a combo choice in 27 yrs. Never forget!

Year 1:

And I’m sure everyone loves our aqua blue Parley jerseys, the soccer Parley jersey, strawberry patch jerseys, M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter format, & going from The U to The V…all w/in 7 yrs. Lol.

I always love it when the "You love Nike, but let me show you the worst Nike stuff they gave to UM" Bros haul out old photos...

...and can't figure out that those worst uniform decisions (whether they came from UM or Nike) coincided with our worst and/or most checked-out Athletic Directors...

Kirby Hocutt - 2008-2011
Shawn Eichorst - 2011-2012
Blake James - 2013-2021

What's the worst uniform we had under Jankovich, [Maggard], or Dee? The bra strap?

I trust that Dan Radakovich won't let Nike get too crazy with its designs.

Say what you want about how Adidas started but they eventually figured it out. I don't know how anyone can complain about a company that tried to match the uniforms we wore during the dynasty, to the point that people here are actually asking God himself to switch back to Nike.

View attachment 191327
View attachment 191331

I mean, look, I have to laugh at you.

You are complimenting adidas for copying a Russell design. And then acting as if Nike didn't produce any of our great "dynasty" uniforms.

Yeah, these sucked:
1656003919199.png

These too:
1656003946157.png

The worst, right?
1656004037598.png

Turrrrrible...
1656004147901.png

But, yeah, we should be giving all the credit in the world to adidas for copying our basic Russell design, after they gave us our all-time worst REGULAR jersey (not one-off special alternate jersey) in 2015, including the mix of UpPeR and lOwEr CaSe LeTtErS on the players' names...

1656004301570.png

I always love it when the "You love Nike, but let me show you the worst Nike stuff they gave to UM" Bros haul out old photos...

...and can't figure out that those worst uniform decisions (whether they came from UM or Nike) coincided with our worst and/or most checked-out Athletic Directors...

Kirby Hocutt - 2008-2011
Shawn Eichorst - 2011-2012
Blake James - 2013-2021

What's the worst uniform we had under Jankovich, [Maggard], or Dee? The bra strap?

I trust that Dan Radakovich won't let Nike get too crazy with its designs.

I’m glad someone finally posted this. Look no further than Richt having to step in to correct Adidas. That’s y I keep correcting ppl when they post that FAMU combo in our last yr w/ them. That was allllllll Golden; the coach put together the combos on game day.

Now, I will say I like our classic look w/ Adidas, it’s just their execution of it sucks. They simply don’t make an aesthetically pleasing jersey. It’s crooked, & cheaply made. That’s not up for debate, that’s a fact. But I just love how in just 7 yrs I can easily point to
1. The “Miami” Flamingo jerseys w/ the stenciled names
2. The wide silver bullet, black & orange unis w/ MIAMI down the leg
3. The no collar strawberry patch unis,
4. The Parley uni made out of trash that was rose orange & aqua green w/ white & aqua blue cleats
5. The Parley uni made out of trash that mimicked a soccer jersey
6. The V

Last edited:
Say what you want about how Adidas started but they eventually figured it out. I don't know how anyone can complain about a company that tried to match the uniforms we wore during the dynasty, to the point that people here are actually asking God himself to switch back to Nike.

View attachment 191327
View attachment 191331
Not coming at you with this but moreso an Adidas rant.

I would argue that it shouldn't take Adidas, one of the world's largest sports apparel companies, 4 years to figure out how to copy an old basic 80s/90s uni design. And 4 years later, the uni still fits awkwardly on players, the "U" logo was in the shape of a "V" till this past season, and all you have to do is switch out the colors with maroon and white to get a Texas AM or Mississippi St jersey.

I actually think Adidas has done a pretty decent job with the basketball and baseball these past couple seasons, but they can't compete with Nike when it comes to Football in my humble op.

While I admit they failed multiple times, I can appreciate Nike for pushing boundaries and at least trying to give us a unique identity. Our current unis are uninspiring and generic. When Nike/JB arrive in Coral Gables, the difference in quality will be noticeably improved. There's a reason that the guys making decisions in Hecht want to make the switch.

Advertisement
It’s better to be the flagship Adidas school than one of many top Nike schools. More leverage for more money and better designs.

And objectively even the worse Adidas concepts have been light years than most of the Nike trash we got. Blow the top off the season, generate insane hype for the resurgent canes, and renegotiate a huge deal to keep them.

We’re NOT the flagship of Adidas. Lol. Have u not paid attention to Adidas sponsoring a “Miami Nights” uniform for FIU to play us at our old home?

Have u not seen the millions of post outlining how Adidas reneged on their “flagship” promise by throwing a bag & a half at an ACC team in UL?

And stop the madness on the “trash” Nike gave us. Ninjas have been complaining about our unis since Day 1 since the switch. Have Nike provided some god awful designs or concepts? Yes, 100%; but, even the god awful concept was still aesthetically formed. Adidas have given us crooked name plates, a stretch out U, a stretched out collar, literal ironed on numbers & designs like some pee wee program, a Hurricane flag designed uniform, a uniform made from sea trash that wasn’t our colors; like how much more do I need to outline how bad this partnership have been?

1. Feds investigated us, killed b-ball momentum & recruiting (Coach L’s words)

2. Give our theme “Miami Nights” to a transitional program in FIU for a big nostalgic moment for us, playing at the old site for the OB

3. W/in two yrs, reneged on their contractural stipulations & tried to let it slide by

4. After “securing” us w/ words & promises, proceed to give bigger contracts to UL, UDub, & KU shortly thereafter.

5. Using our teams’ Adidas site to off load clearance items that are any shade of Orange &/or Green

That’s just the tip of the ice berg, yet I continue to hear this rhetoric. Let me help u out, get flagship & Adidas out ur mind. Adidas’ flagships r UL & KU, w/ TAMU close behind. Adidas sponsors a bunch of losers, & I don’t like to be associated w/ losers.

Last edited:
Not coming at you with this but moreso an Adidas rant.

I would argue that it shouldn't take Adidas, one of the world's largest sports apparel companies, 4 years to figure out how to copy an old basic 80s/90s uni design. And 4 years later, the uni still fits awkwardly on players, the "U" logo was in the shape of a "V" till this past season, and all you have to do is switch out the colors with maroon and white to get a Texas AM or Mississippi St jersey.

I actually think Adidas has done a pretty decent job with the basketball and baseball these past couple seasons, but they can't compete with Nike when it comes to Football in my humble op.

While I admit they failed multiple times, I can appreciate Nike for pushing boundaries and at least trying to give us a unique identity. Our current unis are uninspiring and generic. When Nike/JB arrive in Coral Gables, the difference in quality will be noticeably improved. There's a reason that the guys making decisions in Hecht want to make the switch.

TAMU fans r literally complaining about that very fact. Oh, & they r also complaining about off loading anything that’s maroon on their team site that’s not TAMU branded. Interesting

Advertisement
TAMU fans r literally complaining about that very fact. Oh, & they r also complaining about off loading anything that’s maroon on their team site that’s not TAMU branded. Interesting
Rell the poor quality and fit of the fan merch may be what irks me more than anything. The sizing is inconsistent across Adidas shoe designs, shirts etc. and quality of materials is poor. It's not made to last. In contrast, at games, I see 2000-2014 Nike jerseys and fan gear everywhere.

Adidas is little brother by a country mile. As far as Football and fan merch is concerned, it seems like they are always playing catch up to Nike.

We’re NOT the flagship of Adidas. Lol. Have u not paid attention to Adidas sponsoring a “Miami Nights” uniform for FIU to play us at our old home?

Have u not seen the millions of post outlining how Adidas reneged on their “flagship” promise by throwing a bag & a half at an ACC team in UL?

And stop the madness on the “trash” Nike gave us. Ninjas have been complaining about our unis since Day 1 since the switch. Have Nike provided some god awful designs or concepts? Yes, 100%; but, even the god awful concept was still aesthetically formed. Adidas have given us crooked name plates, a stretch out U, a stretched out collar, literal ironed on numbers & designs like some pee wee program, a Hurricane flag designed uniform, a uniform made from sea trash that wasn’t our colors; like how much more do I need to outline how bad this partnership have been?

1. Feds investigated us, killed b-ball momentum & recruiting (Coach L’s words)

2. Give our theme “Miami Nights” to a transitional program in FIU for a big nostalgic moment for us, playing at the old site for the OB

3. W/in two yrs, reneged on their contractural stipulations & tried to let it slide by

4. After “securing” us w/ words & promises, proceed to give bigger contracts to UL, UDub, & KU shortly thereafter.

5. Using our teams’ Adidas site to off load clearance items that are any shade of Orange &/or Green

That’s just the tip of the ice berg, yet I continue to hear this rhetoric. Let me help u out, get flagship & Adidas out ur mind. Adidas’ flagships r UL & KU, w/ TAMU close behind. Adidas sponsors a bunch of losers, & I don’t like to be associated w/ losers.

My point is that with the way we’re turning the program around in quick order, if we can follow it up on the field, we are in a position of leverage with a real org that can capitalize on that to make Adidas prioritize us as they should. You said yourself multiple times that a lot of the bad decisions regardless of vendor has been our management. Well my argument is that with competent management we’re better off in a position of more leverage to bend them to our will and standards than just wanting Nike because Nike.

How Adidas has treated us as a dud program under a complete ***** of an AD and HC are completely irrelevant to which is more strategically advantageous choice for us going forward.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My point is that with the way we’re turning the program around in quick order, if we can follow it up on the field, we are in a position of leverage with a real org that can capitalize on that to make Adidas prioritize us as they should. You said yourself multiple times that a lot of the bad decisions regardless of vendor has been our management. Well my argument is that with competent management we’re better off in a position of more leverage to bend them to our will and standards than just wanting Nike because Nike.

How Adidas has treated us as a dud program under a complete ***** of an AD and HC are completely irrelevant to which is more strategically advantageous choice for us going forward.

Which is y we should’ve signed an 8 yr contract no more than 10. Leverage was taken away from us w/ an incompetent AD

I mean, look, I have to laugh at you.

You are complimenting adidas for copying a Russell design. And then acting as if Nike didn't produce any of our great "dynasty" uniforms.

Yeah, these sucked:
View attachment 191336

These too:
View attachment 191337

The worst, right?
View attachment 191339

Turrrrrible...
View attachment 191340

But, yeah, we should be giving all the credit in the world to adidas for copying our basic Russell design, after they gave us our all-time worst REGULAR jersey (not one-off special alternate jersey) in 2015, including the mix of UpPeR and lOwEr CaSe LeTtErS on the players' names...

View attachment 191341
I didn’t like the weird **** Nike gave us towards the end. I didn’t like the “bra strap” joint that 4 is wearing. We had another Nike set that that was after the bra straps that looked like it had eyebrows over the numbers. Hated that ****, too. I just want Nike to copy what adidas has given us recently (what Russell gave us originally), and I’m sold. I like Nike uniforms better because it looks like it’s better quality, better fit, and more fan friendly.

Last edited:
Rell the poor quality and fit of the fan merch may be what irks me more than anything. The sizing is inconsistent across Adidas shoe designs, shirts etc. and quality of materials is poor. It's not made to last. In contrast, at games, I see 2000-2014 Nike jerseys and fan gear everywhere.

Adidas is little brother by a country mile. As far as Football and fan merch is concerned, it seems like they are always playing catch up to Nike.

Not sure y this is fact is not resonating. I didn’t even get on the fan gear side. Lol. I was strictly pointing to the fake red carpet they allegedly rolled out for us. They r definitely little brother & it’s not close.

Adidas have been trying to play catch up by

1. Woooing Nike’s top designers from Nike (it failed b/c they’ve been sued & several injunctions have placed on them)

2. Convincing Ye to come on board (the resurrection of their lifestyle brand & notoriety, but now it’s coming at a cost, as Ye has done just as much damage as help to their brand over the last 3 yrs)

3. Be aggressive in the NBA draft rookie class (so far it’s failed; a Nike sponsored athlete won rookie of the yr & was in the playoffs…the others were not)

4. Throw a bag at Nike’s infamous collaborate, Mr Fear of God, Jerry Lorenzo. (He’s been just sitting there w/ nothing to note, while FOG was a top seller w/ Nike)

5. Collaborate w/ fashion houses Balenciaga & Gucci (Nike has a collab w/ Louis Vuitton (current LV Air Force 1 sold for $66k on Stock X)

Let alone Adidas is a Futbol company, & they make cool kits, but even Nike made up significant ground on them in that arena.

Advertisement
Back