New Unis !! (We hope)

Advertisement
16496E31-A76F-40FB-BCBA-BA1EF4F10861.jpeg

Advertisement
It looks like Uniauthority is a social media, unverified account.

Whaaaaaaat? So Uniauthority has not been snubbing Nike white-out combos for decades? I'm shocked...shocked, I tell ya...

I guess the whole "Nike never won this award" doesn't mean quite as much now...

Advertisement
Hope there is zero connection to the new basketball unis 🤮

Yeah, I was not a fan of the basketball uniforms this entire year. The Black History Month unis the other night were not as bad as I thought they would be, but I just haven't seen a combo all year that looked great.

Advertisement
Won’t happen, my brother.

Simple question, that I never really thought of until now.

Is there something among the apparel companies that governs "throwbacks"? Like, can adidas manufacture a throwback to a Nike-era UM jersey (minus the Swoosh, of course)?

I'm trying to think of our throwbacks, and they usually were time periods before either Nike or adidas had a deal with us. Or were generic (colors, stripes, fonts), without the design flourishes that we really started to see in the late 90s/early 00s Nike unis.

Advertisement
Simple question, that I never really thought of until now.

Is there something among the apparel companies that governs "throwbacks"? Like, can adidas manufacture a throwback to a Nike-era UM jersey (minus the Swoosh, of course)?

I'm trying to think of our throwbacks, and they usually were time periods before either Nike or adidas had a deal with us. Or were generic (colors, stripes, fonts), without the design flourishes that we really started to see in the late 90s/early 00s Nike unis.

Yes; Adidas can definitely do any Russell Athletic or pre Russell Athletic throwbacks; however, specific Nike Designs like the 2000-14 designs have patents on them, & vise versa w/ certain Adidas designs from 2015-present. Also, specific shades of colors also have patents on them, as well. Of course there are some loop holes that “can” be exploited like taking the master design & altering it just a bit & calling it your own, but even that loop hole have been closed off by a lot of circuit courts (you can thank Skechers for that. Lol).

Advertisement
Back