8D3A70F4-4B69-4571-9B0C-F1EB4EBC72A8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • FD09E1C9-3324-4E7F-9170-81FE2C65D954.jpeg
    FD09E1C9-3324-4E7F-9170-81FE2C65D954.jpeg
    876.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 01F7A12E-32B3-4607-BE0C-4F2F36F46C5B.jpeg
    01F7A12E-32B3-4607-BE0C-4F2F36F46C5B.jpeg
    941.4 KB · Views: 146
The Nike obsession is so bizarre. I'm not knocking you guys for it, it's just an odd thing that I wouldn't think anyone would care about but apparently some people care a lot about it.

As someone who doesn't care about either, I think Adidas has done a great job trying to get back to a traditional Miami uniform set while Nike always seemed to give us designs that were good for them but not for us.

The Miami brand is iconic and their uniforms should be too. You shouldn't turn on a Miami game and think, "is that Miami"? We should be instantly recognizable.

Advertisement
The Nike obsession is so bizarre. I'm not knocking you guys for it, it's just an odd thing that I wouldn't think anyone would care about but apparently some people care a lot about it.

As someone who doesn't care about either, I think Adidas has done a great job trying to get back to a traditional Miami uniform set while Nike always seemed to give us designs that were good for them but not for us.

The Miami brand is iconic and their uniforms should be too. You shouldn't turn on a Miami game and think, "is that Miami"? We should be instantly recognizable.
This isn't a knock on you either, but are you either A. an old man? Or B. do most of your clothes shopping at Walmart?

Advertisement
Here’s my issue with Adidas. Currently there are only 21 items for fans to purchase on their website. There’s 1 t shirt, 1 hoodie, and 2 polos. That is just not acceptable.

And of those items, the MAJORITY are not even Miami items.

FOUR of them are shoes that are...orange...not orange and green. Just orange and...black...or white...so adidas could have also put those shoes in the "Halloween collection", not the Miami Hurricanes collection.

And SEVEN of the apparel items are just...orange...or green...NOT orange AND green. But one or the other. Why didn't adidas put every single one of their white shirts or shorts or pants or socks on the "Miami Hurricanes" page so that we would have more stuff?

So that leaves...TEN Miami items.

3 jerseys (2 football, 1 hoops)
2 sweatshirts
1 pair of shoes (and trust me, I own them, they are TERRIBLE shoes)
2 polos
2 t-shirts

Yes, this is what our 12-year apparel deal gets us, when Miami is a "flagship" school for adidas.

By the way, notice how Alonzo specifically referenced "the next five years". Those will be the last five years we are with adidas.

By providing a crappy selection of oddly sized merchandise, Adidas helps drive customers to smaller companies like Dyme Lyfe and Flo Grown who have better options for Hurricanes gear. They're helping out the little guy. Chess not checkers.

Advertisement
Here’s my issue with Adidas. Currently there are only 21 items for fans to purchase on their website. There’s 1 t shirt, 1 hoodie, and 2 polos. That is just not acceptable.

And it’s the same merch every year smh, I see the merch Nike puts out for other teams and it’s always different and lot of variety to choose from.

Advertisement

Blackburn Rovers are with a company called Macron - they blatantly just pick a design off the shelf and put it in Rovers' colours (they give us halved kits rather than quartered ones - it boils my ****).

Adidas and Nike do the same - at the end of the day it's all much of a muchness.

This! All of THIS! Although I do think Nike makes a cleaner better looking onfield product. A lot of my frustration is the merchandise. Schools like Ohio State, Georgie, Oregon, or any Nike school for that matter, have the best, coolest, and largest selection of merchandise. Adidas merch looks like lazy clip-art and there’s none of it!

It is bizarre (I am definitely a Nike guy but still like some of Adidas' gear/sneakers). In terms of jerseys, I did like some of the Nike concepts but ultimately Adidas has been much better than the las several years that we were with Nike.

That being said, if Nike were to adopt the loyalty to the history of our jerseys and take the approach that Adidas has (and fix the MF'n U patch)...it would be like 10 grand slams in my opinion.

The Swoosh hits different in America. It just does.

Advertisement
Back