New Unis 🤯

Advertisement
They look great, but I care much more about the program getting back to winning.

I'm more aware of the reasons for Canes baseballs' struggles than most, but there's still no excuse for Miami to not make the CWS.

Love me the old school script
Caneswear better set me up with a Darren "Beefy" Mandel custom job when they come in!

Advertisement
They look great, but I care much more about the program getting back to winning.

I'm more aware of the reasons for Canes baseballs' struggles than most, but there's still no excuse for Miami to not make the CWS.

I'm the biggest pessimist around here, and even I don't demand Omaha 100% of the time.

Advertisement
This team will 100% be back in Omaha within the next four years minimum.

Honestly, based on what? I'm not trying to argue, but Miami's programs in baseball are systemic that will be difficult to fix strictly based on a coaching change.

I have faith in DiMare, but that doesn't change 1) We are constantly getting recruits that opt to go pro, and 2) Tuition is around $50K a year now.

Honestly, based on what? I'm not trying to argue, but Miami's programs in baseball are systemic that will be difficult to fix strictly based on a coaching change.

I have faith in DiMare, but that doesn't change 1) We are constantly getting recruits that opt to go pro, and 2) Tuition is around $50K a year now.
First it must be understood that we're talking baseball here. Baseball is a fundamentally different sport than football or even basketball in that coaching is less of a factor. Of course the coach controls many aspects of the game but remember that Nick Saban makes ten times what Red Sox manager and UM alum Alex Cora does. In college baseball, recruiting is the primary duty of a head coach. We talk about "ace recruiters" on the football board all the time, but if Manny Diaz ends up recruiting to the level that DiMare has both as head coach and as recruiting coordinator, someone on this site would start a GoFundMe to build a shine in Diaz's honor.

Advertisement
First it must be understood that we're talking baseball here. Baseball is a fundamentally different sport than football or even basketball in that coaching is less of a factor. Of course the coach controls many aspects of the game but remember that Nick Saban makes ten times what Red Sox manager and UM alum Alex Cora does. In college baseball, recruiting is the primary duty of a head coach. We talk about "ace recruiters" on the football board all the time, but if Manny Diaz ends up recruiting to the level that DiMare has both as head coach and as recruiting coordinator, someone on this site would start a GoFundMe to build a shine in Diaz's honor.

So basically baseball is a different sport than football and you didn't address either of my questions.

Recruiting has NEVER been an issue for Canes baseball. Getting the guys to play instead of going to the draft, and getting guys to enroll without a scholarship has been a huge issue for years now.

So basically baseball is a different sport than football and you didn't address either of my questions.

Recruiting has NEVER been an issue for Canes baseball. Getting the guys to play instead of going to the draft, and getting guys to enroll without a scholarship has been a huge issue for years now.
The team has been young the past few seasons as well. Many players are talented but haven't shown their talent yet. Either they'll develop or a new class of players will replace them.

Advertisement
Love the grey uni’s. Have always wanted a full button Jersey with Hurricanes in cursive. Can never find it on line.

Advertisement
Back