Off-Topic New tool box! Post your garage if ya got em!

Suhrthing

Recruit
So I picked up a new green roller, whenever Hazard Frought has some oranges tops in stock I'll probably add one. These series 2 US General boxes are pretty **** good for the $$ - but I still feel dirty and will probably rip off the nameplates.
It was a beast to uncrate, and unpack by myself but I got it done without any damage...
2.jpg

PXL_20210616_230208975.PORTRAIT.jpg

Advertisement
that second image isn't pixelated on wayfair, so why start now?

So I picked up a new green roller, whenever Hazard Frought has some oranges tops in stock I'll probably add one. These series 2 US General boxes are pretty **** good for the $$ - but I still feel dirty and will probably rip off the nameplates.
It was a beast to uncrate, and unpack by myself but I got it done without any damage...
View attachment 148349
View attachment 148350
Own it bro... dont rip off the name plates... Just get you some foam inserts. They are not junk drawers man.

Advertisement
Own it bro... dont rip off the name plates... Just get you some foam inserts. They are not junk drawers man.

That and he saved a literal **** ton of money buying those than some of the big name brands out there. Just keep good care of it and it'll outlive you.

I don't do harbor freight much, but it's good for some things.

True, I'm not sure there is even much in the way of decent USA-made tool boxes anymore without paying even higher prices than Fap-On etc. There are a few consumer-level boxes 'assembled in America' but none compare to the US Generals in quality/price.

The big name boxes are ridiculously priced. They're targeted to professionals who will finance them along with the tools.

Advertisement
Everything is weeks/months behind. Supply chains strained. I plan to get the orange too shelf.

Just joking BTW. I’m not about to pay seven grand for a big *** toolbox. I did redo my garage though, that was expensive enough. I have a built-in storage bench, plus I have the Storwall wall system where I hang stuff up

Just joking BTW. I’m not about to pay seven grand for a big *** toolbox. I did redo my garage though, that was expensive enough. I have a built-in storage bench, plus I have the Storwall wall system where I hang stuff up
There was a 56" green Fapco on my local FB marketplace, brand new with tools inside... only issue no keys and it was locked lol. $5600 toolbox + tools for $1500. I thought about it but realized I have to sleep at night...

There was a 56" green Fapco on my local FB marketplace, brand new with tools inside... only issue no keys and it was locked lol. $5600 toolbox + tools for $1500. I thought about it but realized I have to sleep at night...

It’s just me, but I’m not spending that kind of cash on a big *** toolbox, if I don’t use it to make a living. Putzing around the garage doesn’t qualify me. I’ve got my garage stripped out, but that’s not something I’m putting in it.

I don’t mind spending money, but it has to be for some thing that I think has the value of that cash that I spend. I’m sure there is shlt that I spend money on that people would say that’s crazy, but to each his own.

Advertisement
It’s just me, but I’m not spending that kind of cash on a big *** toolbox, if I don’t use it to make a living. Putzing around the garage doesn’t qualify me. I’ve got my garage stripped out, but that’s not something I’m putting in it.

I don’t mind spending money, but it has to be for some thing that I think has the value of that cash that I spend. I’m sure there is shlt that I spend money on that people would say that’s crazy, but to each his own.
I do a lot of woodwork, and some machine work - and wanted to better organize my garage. The US Gen stuff is a great value and a perfect fit for my needs

Is it anywhere near the price of that snapon, if you don’t mind me asking?
That 72" bottom is $1299 before any coupons or discounts. For the price I really... really like it. Been loading in my tools all week and I'm really looking for complaints. From reading reddit/youtube there are a few rivet mods that make the drawers even better - when I retire in 50 years I might try them!

Advertisement
That 72" bottom is $1299 before any coupons or discounts. For the price I really... really like it. Been loading in my tools all week and I'm really looking for complaints. From reading reddit/youtube there are a few rivet mods that make the drawers even better - when I retire in 50 years I might try them!

A similar snap on unit is seven grand no lie. That price is reasonable

Not gonna lie, i've never even once priced SnapOn stuff... I don't make $$ fixing cars.

When I said that price I meant your price not the 7,000. Snap on is quality, but way over priced, and if I were in a trade where I used used tools every day, I would only use them if my employer paid for them, no way I’m buying that shlt on my dime. Others out there that cost much less and for hobbyists like me are perfect.

When I said that price I meant your price not the 7,000. Snap on is quality, but way over priced, and if I were in a trade where I used used tools every day, I would only use them if my employer paid for them, no way I’m buying that shlt on my dime. Others out there that cost much`
Indeed. SnapOn wrenches, drivers, torque wrenches are VERY nice, as well as their boxes. For a mechanic they make a lot of sense!

Advertisement
Back