New S&P+ Ratings - UM @ #14

Advertisement
Pitt DL is excellent. Narduzzi should get the benefit of the doubt by now.

Can they hold up without Pickett & Addison? To be seen. But I think to dismiss them as a solid program is a mistake.
True..however...with a 1st Rd Qb and the best WR in country...we still beat them in their house...and we had redshirt Freshman TVD.
I would consider our team to be better than last year...and coaching is 1000X better.

If we don‘t have excessive and/or untimely turnovers against UVA (I include a listed FG as a turnover), UNC and FSU, we run the table with TVD starting. I know all about ifs and buts. My point, however, is that TVD is so good that without self posed mistakes we are pretty darn good even with Manny coaching.
Without a plethora of turnovers we beat GaTech by 20.

If we are not at a deficit in TO’s we aren’t losing many games next year and should only be underdogs to TAM and Clemson.

Pitt could be *** this year. There a program that builds and then makes a run every 3-4 years. The don’t reload losing 1st round qb and arguably the best Wr in CFB.

Unc is the game. They’ve recruited well and have had our number.

Nobody in the ACC scares me but we gotta take care of business.
UNC blows. That’s a game we’ve blown for the past two years. We’re due a 40 point win against them.

Advertisement

These ratings are predictive of what the point spread will be on a neutral (subtract higher from lower; would add ~3 for HFA).

Miami should only be a dog twice - at Clemson (+7.5) & at aTm (s+P has it closer than the +9 that was already released).

home vs UNC -7
FSU -6.5
Pitt -3.5
@UVA -8
@VT -9

TIFWIW. My takeaway is that the coastal stinks, and if we stay healthy, the Pitt game likely determines the coastal champ.
The takeaway is that we’re exactly were we are this time every year. We SHOULD beat all but 2 of our opponents. On paper.

So let’s play the games and hope this year is less depressing that the last 20.

Advertisement
Back