New S. Florida Recruiting Reality

Interesting article in the Herald about black population trends in South Florida.

Long story short, since 2010 the black populations grew by more than 20 % in Broward, Palm Beach, and St. Lucie.

In Miami Dade? It pretty much remained stagnant. Itll probably decrease by next year.

This trend is going to only continue as Miami Dade becomes San Fran South in terms of housing costs.

Guys like Hickson and Rumph are gonna have to earn that check.

Advertisement
You mean migrants. First it was “undocumented”, now they don’t even differentiate between legal and illegal. “Ice to raid migrants” wtf.
its happened in ny and north jersey too. one other thing media wont tell you is people from central american are as racist towards black people as the KKK. Gentrification pushed black people out because white liberals only like black people in their neighborhood if they are behind the counter at starbucks, not if they are living among them and have their kids in the same schools.

Interesting article in the Herald about black population trends in South Florida.

Long story short, since 2010 the black populations grew by more than 20 % in Broward, Palm Beach, and St. Lucie.

In Miami Dade? It pretty much remained stagnant. Itll probably decrease by next year.

This trend is going to only continue as Miami Dade becomes San Fran South in terms of housing costs.

It's an interesting article from a sociological standpoint...But, you didn't connect the dots to your hypothesis that this demographic shift somehow creates a new South Florida recruiting reality....

Just guessing that you think the nexus is that the further away from campus these kids move...The more difficult it will be for UM to successfully recruit them....

How the CIS political commandos managed to get ICE into this thread is beyond me.....Enough with the fkin politics...nobody on a college football recruiting board wants to hear about your politics....

Advertisement
its happened in ny and north jersey too. one other thing media wont tell you is people from central american are as racist towards black people as the KKK. Gentrification pushed black people out because white liberals only like black people in their neighborhood if they are behind the counter at starbucks, not if they are living among them and have their kids in the same schools.

Unfounded generalization on line 3.......

I remember an article a year or so ago that a lot of S Fla families are relocating to Georgia and Atlanta area

Big project going to Overtown where lots of those residents will be pushed out. Miami is among the most expensive cities to live in. Look at the city of miami employees. Last time I checked and it was something like only 15% of the employees live in miami because it’s gotten so expensive.

Advertisement
Alot of the elite talent are still at MNW, CENTRAL, BTW.,Carol City so nothing really has change football wise. Those areas will still be choc full of talent for decades to come.

Football is a religion in s.fla and in those particular areas.

Big project going to Overtown where lots of those residents will be pushed out. Miami is among the most expensive cities to live in. Look at the city of miami employees. Last time I checked and it was something like only 15% of the employees live in miami because it’s gotten so expensive.
City is facing a public attorney shortage because the pay is so paltry compared to the cost of living. It's insanity having 60 % of your total monthly income going straight to rent.

its the same in all major cities right now. Gentrification and illegal aliens have pushed blacks out of alot of areas.
Gentrification is a fact, but "illegal" aliens not. As I tell my fellow AA friends it's also the nature of realty and where developers can find the cheapest properties and/or unused/abandoned commercial properties. Naturally for many of the reasons we know, are generally Black or poor areas.

Advertisement
The reality for all us African Americans, IMO, is that we are only a partial shift of white Democrats to Republicans from having the Constitution rewritten, voting rights, civil rights, rights to assemble, protest and freedom of speech taken. I'm predicting an Apartheid/Reservation situation when this happens. These new framers of the constitution won't give room for Blacks to regain the rights given in the original constitution.

So, I'm hoping that Manny's philosophy, or what I hope/think is his philosophy works.
Hopefully, he's recruiting kids who want to compete and are loyal. Looking for undervalued kids who have some of the measurables athletically you look for that need a year or two to develop. Mix in a few of the elites, maybe 4 to 6 per class, and that will hold us over as we make the climb up the hill.
So far, things are going about as expected for a first year coach with no record. We're doing alright. Missing on alot of talent, but that makes this season so important. Can't stress enough how make or break this year is. Have to win 10. Have to get the respect back. And then we have to do it again next year. I believe in him though. I like the hires offensively and on defense, I like Baker and Stroud. Go Canes?

its the same in all major cities right now. Gentrification and illegal aliens have pushed blacks out of alot of areas.
Oh yea it's refugees buying up all the $350K condos in Brickell. Spot on dude.

Advertisement

How did the white population grow in the same period.

Advertisement
Back