New rules for pregame warmups...

bmorecane

Sophomore
...but crickets on the delay of game stunt Butch pulled. How’s that gonna work with Lashlee’s offense?

https://247sports.com/college/miami...anges-targeting-review-clock-limit-146309605/

578012D8-8317-424A-9644-3A2C5152A334.jpeg

Advertisement
Fix a broken rule? Nah, but the player can stay on the side lines:rickflair2:

Somebody’s gonna take Sebastian’s #0.

The fake injury **** has to go too. It’s an easy fix. If the game has to stop because a player is hurt, the team can either: A) use a timeout or B) the injured player cannot return to the game until the next quarter. You better believe everyone is going to pull that cheap garbage next season with Lashlee’s offense.

Advertisement
the old school coaches hate the high tempo sht. Saban even wanted the ncaa to do something about it. This sht happens almost every **** weekend in all the conferences. I’m a soccer fan and nothing ****es me off more than those Oscar wining performances like Neymar does. What they need to do is have the booth look and see who obviously faked an injury and take them out for a series or two.

The fake injury **** has to go too. It’s an easy fix. If the game has to stop because a player is hurt, the team can either: A) use a timeout or B) the injured player cannot return to the game until the next quarter. You better believe everyone is going to pull that cheap garbage next season with Lashlee’s offense.
Not disagreeing with your idea, but many "fake injuries" occur in the 4th quarter. So are you saying they'd be done for the game assuming unwillingness to use a TO or out of TOs?

the old school coaches hate the high tempo sht. Saban even wanted the ncaa to do something about it. This sht happens almost every **** weekend in all the conferences. I’m a soccer fan and nothing ****es me off more than those Oscar wining performances like Neymar does. What they need to do is have the booth look and see who obviously faked an injury and take them out for a series or two.
I agree with you as a fellow soccer fan. Savvy refs will extend game time, so although the Neymar-ish player may slow the game to his teams immediate advantage, the ref can at least extend play.

Not disagreeing with your idea, but many "fake injuries" occur in the 4th quarter. So are you saying they'd be done for the game assuming unwillingness to use a TO or out of TOs?
Yup. If you’re hurt so bad that they have to stop the game, you’re too hurt to go back in before the end of the quarter. Let’s be honest, if you hurt yourself so bad that you’re on the floor rolling around in pain, you’re not going to magically “get better” three plays later.

Advertisement
Yup. If you’re hurt so bad that they have to stop the game, you’re too hurt to go back in before the end of the quarter. Let’s be honest, if you hurt yourself so bad that you’re on the floor rolling around in pain, you’re not going to magically “get better” three plays later.
Maybe not a whole quarter but definitely a set amount of plays would be good to me.

The beginning of the season would be brutal with guys cramping and missing the whole quarter. I get your point but a whole quarter is a bit excessive. As one poster said, the rest of the series would for the most part put a stop to it. Obviously in goal line situations teams would probably still do it though.

Advertisement

Too much of a dive for a rule change. Start it with keeping the player out for the remainder of the drive, or a series or use the timeout.

If they dont make the change, however, and one team does it, the other team should start doing that **** right away...see how long the game goes on because of that, and I guarantee they'll make a change.

The fake injury thing isn't even a new issue. We never saw it much because our offense has always moved at the speed of chilled molasses but teams were faking injuries against Oregon 10+ years ago to stop their no huddle.

Advertisement
Player sits the remainder of the drive or 5 plays if it's near the goal line, or the team uses a timeout.

Soccer could get rid of the bs diving as well by reviewing tape after the game and retroactively hand out red cards for diving. Or they could go to the tape for the 5 minute slapfests and crowding around the ref around any free kick or penalty.

Advertisement
Back