New Rule For Hiring High School Coaches

Advertisement
Harbaugh is the reason they're doing this, they put this specifically in because Harbaugh messed up big time on something he'd been doing since he got to Michigan.

It backfired on him when he tried to hire the father of a 2019 4-star QB, but Willie Taggart swooped him & got the kids Dad... Now the Dad was already a legit coach before, but the whole thing blew up in Harbaugh's face.

He did it to get Rashan Gary & others, even DJ Durkin who was with Harbaugh at Michigan did the same thing at Maryland to get McFarland by hiring Dematha's Coach literally a week before he was supposed to commit to us lol.

I know other Coaches have been doing that long before Harbaugh did it, but he brought it to the forefront & that's why they payed specific attention to it.

Last edited:
Harbaugh is the reason they're doing this, they put this specifically in because Harbaugh messed up big time on something he'd been doing since he got to Michigan.

It backfired on him when he tried to hire the father of a 2019 4-star QB, but Willie Taggart swooped him & got the kids Dad... Now the Dad was already a legit coach before, but the whole thing blew up in Harbaugh's face.

He did it to get Rashan Gary & others, even DJ Durkin who was with Harbaugh at Michigan did the same thing at Maryland to get McFarland by hiring Dematha's Coach literally a week before he was supposed to commit to us lol.

I know other Coaches have been doing that long before Harbaugh did it, but he brought it to the forefront & that's why they payed specific attention to it.

And we did it too, although maybe not as blatantly as others. This is one of those things that is tough; I agree with the spirit of what they are trying to accomplish, but some a lot deserving coaches are now going to have a harder time getting into the college ranks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back