New Rooster

List of departed players from the end 2022. Not including Wiggins, Pope, Jennings, Hall, Burns, Cam Williams, Quentin Williams, Blissett, Holley.....

We've had tons of turnover

1D'Eriq KingQuarterback5-11195 lbs.Redshirt Senior
1Nesta Jade SilveraDefensive Line6-2306 lbs.Junior
3Mike HarleyWide Receiver5-11182 lbs.Senior
5Amari CarterSafety6-2202 lbs.Senior
6Sam Brooks, Jr.Linebacker6-2230 lbs.Fourth-Year Redshirt Sophomore
11Charleston RamboWide Receiver6-1185 lbs.Redshirt Junior
13Deandre JohnsonDefensive End6-3260 lbs.Redshirt Senior
18Tirek Austin-CaveLinebacker6-1225 lbs.Third-Year Sophomore
18Larry HodgesTight End6-2220 lbs.Redshirt Freshman
19Dazalin WorshamWide Receiver6-1186 lbs.Third-Year Redshirt Freshman
21Bubba BoldenSafety6-3204 lbs.Redshirt Junior
23Cam'Ron HarrisRunning Back5-10210 lbs.Junior
24Cody BrownRunning Back5-11215 lbs.Sophomore
51Tyler JohnsonLinebacker6-3212 lbs.Sophomore
53Zach McCloudDefensive Line6-2254 lbs.Redshirt Senior
54Issiah Walker, Jr.Offensive Line6-5280 lbs.Third-Year Redshirt Freshman
55Navaughn DonaldsonOffensive Line6-6350 lbs.Senior
75Zalon'tae HilleryOffensive Line6-6308 lbs.Redshirt Junior
96Jonathan FordDefensive Line6-5315 lbs.Senior

Advertisement
List of departed players from the end 2022. Not including Wiggins, Pope, Jennings, Hall, Burns, Cam Williams, Quentin Williams, Blissett, Holley.....

We've had tons of turnover

1D'Eriq KingQuarterback5-11195 lbs.Redshirt Senior
1Nesta Jade SilveraDefensive Line6-2306 lbs.Junior
3Mike HarleyWide Receiver5-11182 lbs.Senior
5Amari CarterSafety6-2202 lbs.Senior
6Sam Brooks, Jr.Linebacker6-2230 lbs.Fourth-Year Redshirt Sophomore
11Charleston RamboWide Receiver6-1185 lbs.Redshirt Junior
13Deandre JohnsonDefensive End6-3260 lbs.Redshirt Senior
18Tirek Austin-CaveLinebacker6-1225 lbs.Third-Year Sophomore
18Larry HodgesTight End6-2220 lbs.Redshirt Freshman
19Dazalin WorshamWide Receiver6-1186 lbs.Third-Year Redshirt Freshman
21Bubba BoldenSafety6-3204 lbs.Redshirt Junior
23Cam'Ron HarrisRunning Back5-10210 lbs.Junior
24Cody BrownRunning Back5-11215 lbs.Sophomore
51Tyler JohnsonLinebacker6-3212 lbs.Sophomore
53Zach McCloudDefensive Line6-2254 lbs.Redshirt Senior
54Issiah Walker, Jr.Offensive Line6-5280 lbs.Third-Year Redshirt Freshman
55Navaughn DonaldsonOffensive Line6-6350 lbs.Senior
75Zalon'tae HilleryOffensive Line6-6308 lbs.Redshirt Junior
96Jonathan FordDefensive Line6-5315 lbs.Senior

You don’t make a distinction here between seniors who had no more eligibility and people who were either processed or hit the portal

You don’t make a distinction here between seniors who had no more eligibility and people who were either processed or hit the portal
No you're right I don't. The point was that we're replacing dozens of contributors from 2021. There are dozens of us.

No you're right I don't. The point was that we're replacing dozens of contributors from 2021. There are dozens of us.

Yeah that happens every year. I’d rather look at it in terms of position groups and how we are addressing that.

Advertisement
Arrested Development Tobias GIF

Lots of dead weight. Curios, when did Walker get to steppin? Never heard anything about it...

Advertisement
Advertisement
The guy we will miss the most is Rambo, possibly Ford if Jackson isn't ready. Mario recruited and transferred in equal or better replacements for everyone else, and our roster overall is much better.

Depth of Talent
We still have dead weight. I've held off on naming names for the most part because you want to see what happens with the new staff. But you can't teach speed or twitch (except incrementally), and there are a lot of kids still on roster missing those qualities. Keyshawn Washington and Corey Flagg will be fine against the Dukes, Ga Techs and FSUs of the world. But they'll never be fast enough and twitchy enough to compete against top competition. Going down the roster as it stands today, I'd say there are just under 10 guys who still don't belong on a top 25 team.

Top Level Talent
We also have a lack of disruptive difference makers. When we were at the top, we'd regularly have 5+ guys get drafted in the first two rounds, regularly have guys making All Pro a few years in th league. Who are those guys on our roster now? Maybe TVD, maybe a TE or two, maybe a couple true freshmen DEs, Tae. I still believe a healthy Chaney can be that, but he's never been healthy. Not one proven transformational player, unless you count TVD already there.

We're lunch pail, and Mario and Gattis are good with lunch pail. I know we'll win games unlike past staphs. But the roster sorely needs improvement to get where we want to be.

Advertisement
Camp begins in a couple weeks and you can't find many of the newest arrivals on the official rooster.

Advertisement
Back