New QB Dean on Miami's radar

So much for all the dopey gurus who thought we were good with taking no QB in this class. We’re now dumpster diving all over the country looking for 1. Tried to tell the dummies on here we would take a QB.
Stegall is done with baseball. Should still have football eligibility.

Advertisement
Hey, going to transition here shortly back into my off season quarterback roll. First glance, not a high level arm strength kid, (ball trajectory dips a lot) but he does have some admirable traits that warrant the p5 offer. Going to really re-evaluate how I look at off-platforming this year and put a higher emphasis on unabated vs abated mechanical differentials.

But this kid can throw from alt platforms. The RPO seam route shows his ability to get the receiver the ball now and throw from a flat footed base. That isn't bad mechanics. That is exactly how you throw that route. I catch him throwing some other balls well from different bases.

Natural thrower per say. Good on the move. Seems to sense the pocket well. I can see the plug an play potential for someone like him in a UCF offense. Will he equivocate into a Miami offense is the question. Because in its current state I need a high level field reader to unlock our over usage of mirror concepts, someone who can keep defenses honest in the zone read capacity and a highly accurate passer who can make the tight window throws this offense manifests on itself.
More jargon...

"off-platforming"

"unabated vs. abated mechanical differentials"

"equivocate into"

"mirror concepts"

"manifests on itself"

What did you just say? Is that coach speak?

Not trying to sound critical, but I have almost no idea what you're talking about.

Thanks for posting and your insights, but you're flying over my head with my limited "x" and "o" sophistication.

More jargon...

"off-platforming"

"equivocate into"

"mirror concepts"

"manifests on itself"

Not trying to sound critical, but I have almost no idea what you're talking about.

Thanks for posting and your insights, but you're flying over my head with my limited "x" and "o" sophistication.

"Off platforming" is when a quarterback is able to throw the ball from different bases. (Flat footed, falling away, side arm)

"Unabated vs abated" Off platforming is necessary because guys will be in your face. So when you see someone throw sidearm lets say, was there a reason to? Was the quarterback lazy or was it necessary to complete the pass?

"Mirror concepts" are when a team runs a route combo on one side of the field and do EXACTLY the same combo on the other side of the field. It is good to use these concepts, but currently the Miami Hurricanes over use this concept.

"Manifests on itself" I referenced the tight window throws. This offensive coordinator loves to call plays repeatedly. Those windows get smaller as the game goes on because of it.

I have no problems explaining anything in my main posts. These threads though. I am just adding my two cents.

More jargon...

"off-platforming"

"equivocate into"

"mirror concepts"

"manifests on itself"

Roman is way over your head bud.

Advertisement
Spaulding Rick has been eating boogers all year instead of looking for a QB. Now he’s in full scramble mode.
download.jpeg

I don't get why all of the sudden this frenzy by the staff to find a QB? I hope is not because one of our QB is thinking about transferring

Advertisement
"Off platforming" is when a quarterback is able to throw the ball from different bases. (Flat footed, falling away, side arm)

"Unabated vs abated" Off platforming is necessary because guys will be in your face. So when you see someone throw sidearm lets say, was there a reason to? Was the quarterback lazy or was it necessary to complete the pass?

"Mirror concepts" are when a team runs a route combo on one side of the field and do EXACTLY the same combo on the other side of the field. It is good to use these concepts, but currently the Miami Hurricanes over use this concept.

"Manifests on itself" I referenced the tight window throws. This offensive coordinator loves to call plays repeatedly. Those windows get smaller as the game goes on because of it.

I have no problems explaining anything in my main posts. These threads though. I am just adding my two cents.

In our QB room in college we called this "constriction" ….

What’s Gray Crow up to these days? Maybe give him a jingle
I didn’t know this but just read he donated $5000 to build the IPF and trying to set up an endowment to give more money back to the university. More of a Cane than Kyle Wright if you ask me

Advertisement
As the Canes continue to scour the landscape for potential QB's to include in the class, you can now add one more gunslinger to the list.

CIS has confirmed that Miami is taking a look at Tampa Hillsborough 3-star QB Charlie Dean. QB coach Jon Richt saw Dean at his school today, but no offer has been extended as of yet.

The 6'1" 190 pound Dean is a former UCF commit that also has offers from Maryland, Toledo, and FAU.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 he’s trash! Pure unadulterated trash

I didn’t know this but just read he donated $5000 to build the IPF and trying to set up an endowment to give more money back to the university. More of a Cane than Kyle Wright if you ask me
Read somewhere that Wright hates Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back