New QB Dean on Miami's radar

Advertisement
I just don't understand why not go after the Texas Tech QB. Kid looked promising.

Advertisement
Hey, going to transition here shortly back into my off season quarterback roll. First glance, not a high level arm strength kid, (ball trajectory dips a lot) but he does have some admirable traits that warrant the p5 offer. Going to really re-evaluate how I look at off-platforming this year and put a higher emphasis on unabated vs abated mechanical differentials.

But this kid can throw from alt platforms. The RPO seam route shows his ability to get the receiver the ball now and throw from a flat footed base. That isn't bad mechanics. That is exactly how you throw that route. I catch him throwing some other balls well from different bases.

Natural thrower per say. Good on the move. Seems to sense the pocket well. I can see the plug an play potential for someone like him in a UCF offense. Will he equivocate into a Miami offense is the question. Because in its current state I need a high level field reader to unlock our over usage of mirror concepts, someone who can keep defenses honest in the zone read capacity and a highly accurate passer who can make the tight window throws this offense manifests on itself.

What do you think about Daniel Richardson from Carol City?

Spaulding Rick has been eating boogers all year instead of looking for a QB. Now he’s in full scramble mode.

Advertisement
So much for all the dopey gurus who thought we were good with taking no QB in this class. We’re now dumpster diving all over the country looking for 1. Tried to tell the dummies on here we would take a QB.
Jon “mutha****in” Richt, at your service

Advertisement
Need to watch some film on the young man.

It’s hard to say but he looks like his size is fine, although he is listed at 5’11. Arm strength appears to be adequate to slightly below average. Good athleticism. Based on how things have played out with us this cycle, I don’t see how an offer to a kid as productive as he has been would be a bad thing. We gave a scholarship to Gray Crow for crying out loud lol.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5310244/Daniel-Richardson

Im a Hillsborough alum so I attend several games/yr. I would pass. Kid is not impressive at all. We have had better qbs their. Heck, my q.b. their was better and he had to settle for NM State.

Notice all the bombs he throws? That’s cause Hillsborough always have one of the fastest track team in the state and most of the sprinters are plucked from the football team.

One thing Earl Garcia outdated offenses makes qbs do is make reads and progressions. Dean probably got Baby Richt alone and explained to him how he makes his reads and boom, Baby Richt was impressed.

GO BIG RED

Advertisement
Hey, going to transition here shortly back into my off season quarterback roll. First glance, not a high level arm strength kid, (ball trajectory dips a lot) but he does have some admirable traits that warrant the p5 offer. Going to really re-evaluate how I look at off-platforming this year and put a higher emphasis on unabated vs abated mechanical differentials.

But this kid can throw from alt platforms. The RPO seam route shows his ability to get the receiver the ball now and throw from a flat footed base. That isn't bad mechanics. That is exactly how you throw that route. I catch him throwing some other balls well from different bases.

Natural thrower per say. Good on the move. Seems to sense the pocket well. I can see the plug an play potential for someone like him in a UCF offense. Will he equivocate into a Miami offense is the question. Because in its current state I need a high level field reader to unlock our over usage of mirror concepts, someone who can keep defenses honest in the zone read capacity and a highly accurate passer who can make the tight window throws this offense manifests on itself.

Ok, I just looked at his tape.

Bottom line: I'm not seeing him as a kid who helps UM win championships.

as stated, he throws effortlessly from every conceivable arm slot. I like his build and he moves like an athlete. He would be a neat project.

Advertisement
Back