New QB Dean on Miami's radar

This staff is a joke! Just months ago the story was "we're good at QB". Now we'll take whoever wants in. This is why you always keep lines of communication open. I'm not saying the kid from CT that's committed to Clemson is a world beater but I bet the staff would do anything to have him at least visit now. MJJ or bust?! Good luck this that!

I'm glad max Johnson didnt play out his recruitment or we'd be going thru the same thing next year. Amateur hour

Maybe the last couple of months have shown them that Perry ain't the guy.

Advertisement
As the Canes continue to scour the landscape for potential QB's to include in the class, you can now add one more gunslinger to the list.

CIS has confirmed that Miami is taking a look at Tampa Hillsborough 3-star QB Charlie Dean. QB coach Jon Richt saw Dean at his school today, but no offer has been extended as of yet.

The 6'1" 190 pound Dean is a former UCF commit that also has offers from Maryland, Toledo, and FAU.

Hey, going to transition here shortly back into my off season quarterback roll. First glance, not a high level arm strength kid, (ball trajectory dips a lot) but he does have some admirable traits that warrant the p5 offer. Going to really re-evaluate how I look at off-platforming this year and put a higher emphasis on unabated vs abated mechanical differentials.

But this kid can throw from alt platforms. The RPO seam route shows his ability to get the receiver the ball now and throw from a flat footed base. That isn't bad mechanics. That is exactly how you throw that route. I catch him throwing some other balls well from different bases.

Natural thrower per say. Good on the move. Seems to sense the pocket well. I can see the plug an play potential for someone like him in a UCF offense. Will he equivocate into a Miami offense is the question. Because in its current state I need a high level field reader to unlock our over usage of mirror concepts, someone who can keep defenses honest in the zone read capacity and a highly accurate passer who can make the tight window throws this offense manifests on itself.

This feels just like when Al signed Gray Crow from the Bay Area. No one could figure out why. His play proved The educated public knew more than Al. But, Gray turned out to be a true Cane and helped raise funds for the IPF.

Hey, going to transition here shortly back into my off season quarterback roll. First glance, not a high level arm strength kid, (ball trajectory dips a lot) but he does have some admirable traits that warrant the p5 offer. Going to really re-evaluate how I look at off-platforming this year and put a higher emphasis on unabated vs abated mechanical differentials.

But this kid can throw from alt platforms. The RPO seam route shows his ability to get the receiver the ball now and throw from a flat footed base. That isn't bad mechanics. That is exactly how you throw that route. I catch him throwing some other balls well from different bases.

Natural thrower per say. Good on the move. Seems to sense the pocket well. I can see the plug an play potential for someone like him in a UCF offense. Will he equivocate into a Miami offense is the question. Because in its current state I need a high level field reader to unlock our over usage of mirror concepts, someone who can keep defenses honest in the zone read capacity and a highly accurate passer who can make the tight window throws this offense manifests on itself.

So basically we're only a QB with Lamar Jacksons running ability, Payton Mannings ability to read a defense and Drew Brees pin point accuracy away from unlocking the full potential of Mark Richt's system.

Good to know.

Someone send a bomb to my house.

Advertisement
So basically we're only a QB with Lamar Jacksons running ability, Payton Mannings ability to read a defense and Drew Brees pin point accuracy away from unlocking the full potential of Mark Richt's system.

Good to know.

Someone send a bomb to my house.

Well when you put it that way....lolololololololol

So they were here in Charlotte visiting Sam Howell and didn't even go 10 minutes down the road to Charlotte Christian and talk to their 4* qb? ohh okay cool

Advertisement
As the Canes continue to scour the landscape for potential QB's to include in the class, you can now add one more gunslinger to the list.

CIS has confirmed that Miami is taking a look at Tampa Hillsborough 3-star QB Charlie Dean. Wanna-be QB coach Jon Richt saw Dean at his school today, but no offer has been extended as of yet.

The 6'1" 190 pound Dean is a former UCF commit that also has offers from Maryland, Toledo, and FAU.

Fixed it for you Stefan...but keep grinding Fam

I continued to echo that I’m not so sure Richt was a good recruiter v. having creepy bag men helping him. No; I do not think Richt pushed bags, but I’m fairly certain (OK positive) that he knew what was going on and turned a blind eye to it.

Now, we’re going the Golden route (u get an offer, u get an offer, u get an offer, everyone gets an offer). Oy vey

Advertisement
This feels just like when Al signed Gray Crow from the Bay Area. No one could figure out why. His play proved The educated public knew more than Al. But, Gray turned out to be a true Cane and helped raise funds for the IPF.

Rule number 1 of coaching: Don't sign kids that have names that sound like a subspecies in the animal kingdom.
Rule number 2 of coaching: Don't sign coaches that have female first names
Rule number 3 of coaching: Don't hire coaches that are about to retire after getting schit canned for poor performance.

Any one else hearing that scraping noise?

Picture mork and jorn in an empty barrell...

JJ we MUST sign (2) QB's each year to continue to WIN......Why don't we listen to proven winners with NC and NFL RINGS ????????????

Advertisement
If we get this kid then add another 2 star qb for depth, that equals a 5 star.

Rick is playing 3 dimensional chess.

20180703190744-rollsafe-meme.jpeg

I spit out my coffee.

Advertisement
Back