New portal OL

Midlo Cane Fan

No more Midlo
1575332368362.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not true, u keep recruiting high school OL like normal while bringing in a transfer preferably grad transfer that can play and give you time to develope your recruits.

Hes talking about the counter rules.

How does this work. Say ole miss has 78 scholarship players. And say ole miss loses 15 players due to what’s his name being canned. And 25 graduate. So, they lose 40 players. They can only sign 25? There is no emergency lever to pull?

Advertisement
How does this work. Say ole miss has 78 scholarship players. And say ole miss loses 15 players due to what’s his name being canned. And 25 graduate. So, they lose 40 players. They can only sign 25? There is no emergency lever to pull?

If that's the case, it has to be changed...Can't do this to teams.

Please just sign OL that aren’t FAT, SLOW, LAZY and out of SHAPE! Plus, ones that continue gaining BAD weight while in college.

Advertisement
Not true, u keep recruiting high school OL like normal while bringing in a transfer preferably grad transfer that can play and give you time to develope your recruits.
Case by case basis. You keep taking a bunch of rentals and you'll never get back to your proper depth/numbers. You can't just replace everyone like in years past. If we start having more defections our numbers will really low. For a normal roster with just a hole here and there, i agree....the portal is a way to fill that hole with quality proven depth. We are swiss cheese with holes and questionable depth at multiple positions (and flight risks at some as well). We used it a lot last year and it didn’t amount to much although I really like Bolden. Hope he heals up.

You take a grad transfer if he's a stud and absolute starter Day 1....maybe a guy who can help improve the program from the inside. Otherwise, a 1 year rental is a waste. I’d rather use on younger transfers or QBs. We took that NT from UCLA and he did very little. He barely played as the season went on. We took 1 grad transfer lineman who also didn’t play. Both guys used an IC that could have been used for a younger class transfer or freshman to groom.

We also took 1 sophomore JUCO Olinemen who never played and a transfer sophomore RB in Martin who turned around and transferred back out.....plus Martell and Phillips (looking forward to him). Outside Bolden and Hill, our return on investment was low. You can’t sustain a roster that way.

We need all the help we can get. If they can helo the here and now, grab em right by the ******. Were so depleted in numbers it wont matter anyway.

Advertisement
Case by case basis. You keep taking a bunch of rentals and you'll never get back to your proper depth/numbers. You can't just replace everyone like in years past. If we start having more defections our numbers will really low. For a normal roster with just a hole here and there, i agree....the portal is a way to fill that hole with quality proven depth. We are swiss cheese with holes and questionable depth at multiple positions (and flight risks at some as well). We used it a lot last year and it didn’t amount to much although I really like Bolden. Hope he heals up.

You take a grad transfer if he's a stud and absolute starter Day 1....maybe a guy who can help improve the program from the inside. Otherwise, a 1 year rental is a waste. I’d rather use on younger transfers or QBs. We took that NT from UCLA and he did very little. He barely played as the season went on. We took 1 grad transfer lineman who also didn’t play. Both guys used an IC that could have been used for a younger class transfer or freshman to groom.

We also took 1 sophomore JUCO Olinemen who never played and a transfer sophomore RB in Martin who turned around and transferred back out.....plus Martell and Phillips (looking forward to him). Outside Bolden and Hill, our return on investment was low. You can’t sustain a roster that way.
The portal giveth, and the portal taketh.

I'm not too upset about any of our dealings with the transfer portal other than Kennedy apparently being a bust. Osborn has been great, and for all we know Martell could be the best QB on the roster, but he doesn't fit our corches scheme for whatever reason. He's also a player that seems like he's got those intangibles that only come out during a game, aka a gamer. I mean, its hard to 100% trust the coaches judgement when it took GR so long to get on the field. But anyways, the transfer portal has helped us more than hurt us *thus far*. That isn't to say it won't be worse next season or future seasons. They need to make a rule that if you transfer you are 100% required to burn a year of eligibility and that should fix a lot of the spoiled "I want it now" soft kids from constantly transferring around like Asa Martin.

NCAA is going to have to look to change the 25 limit rule. teams are getting pounded by kids leaving by way or portal and like poster above said if you have 40 leave and can only take 25 well with in 2 years you may be short 30 scholar ship players. Something has to give.

Advertisement
Back