New OL offer: Jackson Brown

6’6 295 with the type of frame you look for. Isn’t sloppy and is really athletic. He’s blowing up but I expect to get him if we want him. There’s a connection to Jim Kelly who’s actually really involved in his life since his dad passed. He says he knows a lot about us and our history.

Scouting report: really fluid with no wasted movement. Anchors well and knows to use leverage to drive somebody back. Long kid with above average arm length. Looks like he can definitely be a dominant Right tackle but is playable at all 5 positions. Surprised that he’s blowing up this late. Needs a weight room like most linemen but could be in the 2 deep freshman year.

Grade: Top 400 - 450 player in the country

Future high level P5 starter. Has NFL potential.

how's he been under the radar? nice find, Z.

what I look for in HS linemen, is I want to see highlights from good mental/physical technique, not from the fact they outweigh their opponent buy 50 pounds.

I saw that here.

this kid is a take.

Advertisement
how's he been under the radar? nice find, Z.

what I look for in HS linemen, is I want to see highlights from good mental/physical technique, not from the fact they outweigh their opponent buy 50 pounds.

I saw that here.

this kid is a take.
No camp scene I think. He plays schools like De La Salle so unless they haven’t seen him camp and go 1 v. 1 they have him ranked really low. Cal took him early but with the offers he’s picking up I don’t expect him to stay with them.

We have recruits that are legacies going to other schools and I don’t think Jim Kelly would push this kid to goto Miami because of football.

Berkeley sucks, but maybe he wants to be driving distance to home, not a 6 hour flight
Not for Academics and a kid can get to the league from there

Not sure what, if any, influence Jim Kelly has, but definitely want this kid. Sounds like later bloomer who's physically coming into his own - put on 30-40 pounds during the pandemic & team didn't play. His late father, Tony, played on the Pitt teams with Dan Marino and later in Buffalo with Kelly. Pitt also could be a factor in his recruitment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He played with my little bro last spring before California had a mini season with Cal Strength who so happens to not only train Eric Swoope but he was also their coach. I’ve always pushed for us to get Bay Area kids because they have interest due to our history of great players from the Bay(Gino Torreta, DJ Williams, and Ken Dorsey). San Ramon Valley same league as De La Salle so his competition is pretty solid. Only negative is he’s from Danville like Kyle Wright Lmao all jokes aside. Good kid and high academics, best we can get right now.

He played with my little bro last spring before California had a mini season with Cal Strength who so happens to not only train Eric Swoope but he was also their coach. I’ve always pushed for us to get Bay Area kids because they have interest due to our history of great players from the Bay(Gino Torreta, DJ Williams, and Ken Dorsey). San Ramon Valley same league as De La Salle so his competition is pretty solid. Only negative is he’s from Danville like Kyle Wright Lmao all jokes aside. Good kid and high academics, best we can get right now.
Are you gonna help us recruit him?. Lol

Also please post guys from out your way on the board that you think we should look at yearly.

Advertisement
Brown did not sign with Cal yesterday, although he is still listed as a commit on 247.

Well a commitable offer and OV to the # 4 school in the CFP, in addition to getting $EC offers the day before ESD will make most under the radar prospects pause before signing with a mid tier pac12 school (academics withstanding).

Go Canes

Advertisement
No camp scene I think. He plays schools like De La Salle so unless they haven’t seen him camp and go 1 v. 1 they have him ranked really low. Cal took him early but with the offers he’s picking up I don’t expect him to stay with them.

doesn't look like he signed yesterday. unless I'm missing something. any update on this kid?

6’6 295 with the type of frame you look for. Isn’t sloppy and is really athletic. He’s blowing up but I expect to get him if we want him. There’s a connection to Jim Kelly who’s actually really involved in his life since his dad passed. He says he knows a lot about us and our history.

Scouting report: really fluid with no wasted movement. Anchors well and knows to use leverage to drive somebody back. Long kid with above average arm length. Looks like he can definitely be a dominant Right tackle but is playable at all 5 positions. Surprised that he’s blowing up this late. Needs a weight room like most linemen but could be in the 2 deep freshman year.

Grade: Top 400 - 450 player in the country

Future high level P5 starter. Has NFL potential.

And an accomplished recording artist👇

Advertisement
Back