New Offensive CoRch Thread 2023

Advertisement
For the sake of Mario, this staff, this program, and this fanbase....the new OC should be someone with head coaching experience. It's pretty obvious Mario needs to be more CEO than gameday coach. Having someone with that type of experience is something Mario could really leverage.

Go get Mullen. You can also call Bobby Petrino and take his temperature as well, even though it's probably a long shot.

For the sake of Mario, this staff, this program, and this fanbase....the new OC should be someone with head coaching experience. It's pretty obvious Mario needs to be more CEO than gameday coach. Having someone with that type of experience is something Mario could really leverage.

Go get Mullen. You can also call Bobby Petrino and take his temperature as well, even though it's probably a long shot.
I'd rather have kevin Wilson then.

Advertisement
l3fZUfPLBgYwSJ8kg.gif

Advertisement
Candle sucks
Guess we’re hoping candle just need a change of scenery and better talent to get him going again..

It’s amazing that we have top money to spend yet it still seems we’re wishing and hoping these dudes can be “the guy”

Advertisement
Guess we’re hoping candle just need a change of scenery and better talent to get him going again..

It’s amazing that we have top money to spend yet it still seems we’re wishing and hoping these dudes can be “the guy”
Really don’t understand the issue with Mullen unless he just said No Thanks.
Doesn‘t affect his buyout at all.

I'm imagining it's the same issue Mullen has had the other times he's interviewed at UM. Either he doesn't want us or we don't want him. It seems every time there's an OC vacancy his name pops up briefly, and each time nothing comes of it. And it's not like Saban or Kirby or anyone else are chomping at the bit to hire him either - he's a TV guy now collecting buyout money and not coaching anything anywhere. So something about Mullen has led him down this career path, and I don't think it's just UM admin.

Mullen us a tier one hire for me… dudes proven to be flexible in his scheme for the personal on hand to the tune of consistent top offenses.

I don’t blame him for taking a couple of seasons off (while getting buyout pay) to recharge and hopefully learn more from other great offenses and studying them.

Advertisement
I'm imagining it's the same issue Mullen has had the other times he's interviewed at UM. Either he doesn't want us or we don't want him. It seems every time there's an OC vacancy his name pops up briefly, and each time nothing comes of it. And it's not like Saban or Kirby or anyone else are chomping at the bit to hire him either - he's a TV guy now collecting buyout money and not coaching anything anywhere. So something about Mullen has led him down this career path, and I don't think it's just UM admin.
Question I have is if he interviewed then he has some level of interest.

Question I have is if he interviewed then he has some level of interest.
Who knows? Maybe he has outlandish demands, maybe he's a raging ****, maybe he's just kicking tires on coaching jobs to see who'll pay him the most. Right now all I see is that Dan Mullen is unemployed as a coach, so there's gotta be something to that beyond "nobody wants to work for Mario bro".

Advertisement
Back