New Miami Adidas Ultraboost🔥

Advertisement
7h1vwe.jpg
7h232w.jpg

Just for clarity, what has Nike done for the University of Miami besides low ball us? You can tell the people in this thread that have never negotiated ANYTHING. I'm quite sure that had Nike merely matched Adidas, Miami would have stayed they couldn't even be bothered to do that. I'm loyal to the UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI, not some shoe company that treated the institution and the student athletes like crap for decades. If Nike comes correct in the next negotiation window, then cool. Until they come correct, I'm rolling with the company that has shown the ability to do for our student athletes and put money into the Athletic Department. One thing I've never seen during this Adidas run: Student athletes not getting equipment on time or in the wrong size.
For thee absolute last time, can you pls stop with ur fantasy narrative? My goodness, it’s like no matter how much detail is provided, u’re stuck on something that literally never took place, while also defending the incompetence of an AD who has his finger prints in destroying this program by dumb decision after dumb decision; but, let’s not let facts get in the way.

I came across an old article b4 the switch:

Spoke Tuesday night to allCanes general manager Harry Rothwell, who basically asked UM Hurricanes fans on Saturday via Twitter to let him know which sideline provider of clothing/equipment/shoes they prefer: Nike, Under Armour or Adidas.

Rothwell should know. His retail store sells Nike, Nike and more Nike because that's the company contracted with the Hurricanes.

The answer to Rothwell's tweet overwhelmingly was Nike. "Nike, Nike, Nike,'' he said. "It goes back to recruiting, to shoes, to image, to people thinking Nike is the better brand.''

Rothwell said he's concerned "that losing a great partner like Nike would affect our retail sales, but we have no choice…

So let me give add’l context as what was mentioned in this article:

-Nike offered an extension of 10 yrs. Blake James took it upon himself, despite what others advised against, to do what HE felt was best in the interest on the University. So let’s examine all the things Blake felt was in the best decision of The University:

1. Blake James took it upon himself, DESPITE advice not to retain Al Golden after not only the 2014 debacle or how 2013 finished, but for the SHEAR disrespect & disregard Golden had after he went AWOL trying to back door the PSU job w/o any communication w/ his team, recruits, or BLAKE. Yet, Blake felt it was in the BEST INTEREST of the program to bring him back.

2. Blake James, took it upon himself to not do a coaching search & hire a retired Mark Richt AND allow him to bring on his son to coach, something that UGA would not allow despite all of the good will & credibility Mark generated b/c his son had ZERO experience.

3. Blake James took it upon himself to not wait one day to use the generous gift Richt left us which was not demand his full contract/buyout & used that $$ to pay Temple to buy back a guy who’s arguably the worst coach in Miami Hurricanes’ history,

4. As heat started to come on Blake James, he then tried to place blame on Manny Diaz, u know, the guy he hired in 45 mins. Well, wouldn’t u know, Manny Diaz began to take some subtle shots back, & the next thing u know, The Miami Hurricanes are being dragged on Nat’l TV by pundits b/c of the ABSOLUTE dysfunction that’s been caused under one man’s leadership.

THIS is the guy who said “Oooo, lookey here; Adidas is offering more $$, & I don’t have to do chit as an AD for it.” So yeah, he took the $$, but the dumb fck didn’t see or vet the fine print.

Nike’s contact was base + gear + royalties + signing bonus + bonus incentives FOR WINNING! We went from a tier 1 program to outside of tier 1, yet our contact offer was still $2m less than a tier 1 program in AlaFCKINbama! There’s a reason y both UA & Nike said “good luck” to Adidas’ contract; Adidas was looking to make a splash themselves since they lost Notre Dame. Do you know y Notre Dame left Adidas?

Tidbit:
Other schools previously took issue with Adidas, with 17 universities canceling merchandise contracts with the company after compensation issues for workers of a closed factor in Indonesia.

This notion that Nike lowballed us is one of the most unfounded truths you continue to spew. They offered us an incentive laden contract that would’ve forced Blake James to do his f’ing job; but hey, let’s continue to thrive in mediocrity b/c at least Adidas is paying, right? Now he’s at BC, & I can guarantee u, they will continue to suck. The ONLY value Adidas brought to the table was up front $$, but ask @TheOriginalCane how those merch sales are doing. Ask how that back end $$ is bleeding out profusely. I guess Nike low balled Magic Johnson, too, compared to Converse. Go ask Magic how that low ball worked for him.

Stop being simple minded; actually I don’t care if u’re simple minded on this subject; stop spreading ur simple minded narratives as facts. That’ll be better.

Last edited:
For thee absolute last time, can you pls stop with ur fantasy narrative? My goodness, it’s like no matter how much detail is provided, u’re stuck on something that literally never took place, while also defending the incompetence of an AD who has his finger prints in destroying this program by dumb decision after dumb decision; but, let’s not let facts get in the way.

Spoke Tuesday night to allCanes general manager Harry Rothwell, who basically asked UM Hurricanes fans on Saturday via Twitter to let him know which sideline provider of clothing/equipment/shoes they prefer: Nike, Under Armour or Adidas.

Rothwell should know. His retail store sells Nike, Nike and more Nike because that's the company contracted with the Hurricanes.

The answer to Rothwell's tweet overwhelmingly was Nike. "Nike, Nike, Nike,'' he said. "It goes back to recruiting, to shoes, to image, to people thinking Nike is the better brand.''

Rothwell said he's concerned "that losing a great partner like Nike would affect our retail sales, but we have no choice…

-Nike offered an extension of 10 yrs. Blake James took it upon himself, despite what others advised against, to do what HE felt was best in the interest on the University. So let’s examine all the things Blake felt was in the best decision of The University:

1. Blake James took it upon himself, DESPITE advice to retain Al Golden after not only the 2014 debacle or how 2013 finished, but for the SHEAR disrespect & disregard Golden had after he went AWOL trying to back door the PSU job w/ no communication w/ his team, recruits, or BLAKE. Yet, Blake felt it was in the BEST DECISION of the program to bring him.

2. Blake James, took it upon himself to not do a coaching search & hire a retired Mark Richt AND allow him to bring on his son to coach, something that UGA would not allow despite of the good will & credibility Mark generated b/c he
his son had ZERO experience.

3. Blake James took it upon himself to not wait one day to use the generous gift Richt left us which was not demand his full contract/buyout & used that $$ to pay Temple to buy back a guy who’s arguably the worst coach in Miami Hurricanes’ history,

4. As heat started to come on Blake James, he then tried to place blame on Manny Diaz, u know, the guy he hired in 45 mins. Well, wouldn’t u know, Manny Diaz began to take some subtle shots back, & the next thing u know, The Miami Hurricanes are being dragged on Nat’l TV by pundits b/c of the ABSOLUTE dysfunction that’s been caused under one man’s leadership.

THIS is the guy who said “Oooo, lookey here; Adidas is offering more $$, & I don’t have to do chit as an AD for it.” So yeah, he took the $$, but the dumb fck didn’t see or vet the fine print.

Nike’s contact was base + gear + royalties + bonus incentives FOR WINNING! We went from a tier 1 program to outside of tier 1, yet our contact offer was still $2m less than a tier 1 program in AlaFCKINbama! There’s a reason y both UA & Nike said “good luck” to Adidas’ contract; Adidas was looking to make a splash themselves since they lost Notre Dame. Do you know y Notre Dame left Adidas?

Tidbit:
Other schools previously took issue with Adidas, with 17 universities canceling merchandise contracts with the company after compensation issues for workers of a closed factor in Indonesia.

This notion that Nike lowballed us is one of the most unfounded truths you continue to spew. They offered us an incentive laden contract that would’ve forced Blake James to do his f’ing job; but hey, let’s continue to thrive in mediocrity b/c at least Adidas is paying, right? Now he’s at BC, & I can guarantee u, they will continue to suck. The ONLY value Adidas brought to the table was up front $$, but ask @TheOriginalCane how those merch sales are doing. Ask how that back end $$ is bleeding out profusely. I guess Nike low balled Magic Johnson, too, compared to Converse. Go ask Magic how that low ball worked for him.

Stop being simple minded; actually I don’t care if u’re simple minded on this subject; stop spreading ur simple minded narratives as facts. That’ll be better.
Drops Mic....

Advertisement
God bless, @Rellyrell !

You already know what I've told you offline. I wasn't hardcore "this" or "that". I purchased plenty of adidas gear in 2008 (when UM was still with Nike) because my favorite NASCAR driver did his own deal with adidas. I've got some (very old) 3-stripe in my closet, and I have no problems wearing logos other-than-Nike if the stuff looks good.

I too was told those early Beta Blake lies about how Nike screwed over Miami and adidas treated Miami so well. It took a couple of years before I learned otherwise, from people who actually know. Has nothing to do with whether I prefer Nike to adidas, but facts are facts. And lies are lies.

I've stated my preferences. I started buying, and wearing, Nike in 1979. The old white canvas/blue Swoosh tennis shoes. I've worn lots of different hats and t-shirts since, but I was true to Nike shoes from 1979-2015. And then I rolled with adidas for a while. And I'll continue to buy Ultraboosts and NMDs. I like those shoes.

But it's time to go back to Nike. No amount of lies from two particular porsters are enough to mislead us on what everyone actually knows.

It's time.

God bless, @Rellyrell !

You already know what I've told you offline. I wasn't hardcore "this" or "that". I purchased plenty of adidas gear in 2008 (when UM was still with Nike) because my favorite NASCAR driver did his own deal with adidas. I've got some (very old) 3-stripe in my closet, and I have no problems wearing logos other-than-Nike if the stuff looks good.

I too was told those early Beta Blake lies about how Nike screwed over Miami and adidas treated Miami so well. It took a couple of years before I learned otherwise, from people who actually know. Has nothing to do with whether I prefer Nike to adidas, but facts are facts. And lies are lies.

I've stated my preferences. I started buying, and wearing, Nike in 1979. The old white canvas/blue Swoosh tennis shoes. I've worn lots of different hats and t-shirts since, but I was true to Nike shoes from 1979-2015. And then I rolled with adidas for a while. And I'll continue to buy Ultraboosts and NMDs. I like those shoes.

But it's time to go back to Nike. No amount of lies from two particular porsters are enough to mislead us on what everyone actually knows.

It's time.

And u’ve also shared w/ me all the support U’ve given to Miami SINCE the switch! U’ve been buying Adidas gear, so I take full umbrage of u, out of all ppl, being called some sort of Nike loyalist. Me? Sure, call me that b/c I’ve seen what Adidas shoes did to my pops’ feet, and I’ve seen my tiny high school in the hood needing help w/ sponsorship & Nike was the only one who stepped up after Adidas & Reebok said we didn’t fit their criteria (Thx to Lisa Leslie & Tina Thompson).

U’ve also had shipment issues w/ Adidas saying products were available on their site in our color ways, only to tell u it was a mistake on their end. Lol

But, anyways, I don’t care if my guy’s preference is NB, UA, Adidas or even Nike; just stop putting a false narrative out there. The real narrative is:
-Nike made an offer

-Blake James took it upon himself to shop

-Adidas & UA put in bids

-Blake tried to use those bids to create a bidding war (it backfired)

-Nike said we wish u all the best, UA said we wish u the best

-Adidas won the bid, and put language in to make us the highest paid school in the state of FL (which wasn’t hard, since they only sponsored FIU, & FAU at that time in D1) AND the highest paid in the ACC as the flagship

-5 months into the contract, they made UL the highest paid ACC school & it wasn’t even close in revenue b/c Tom Jurich’s daughter is marketing exec for Adidas, which was not only in violation of our contract, but in violation of the conflict of interest clause.

-Shortly after our signing w/ Adidas, we became subject of a FBI probe in which Coach L said repeatedly how it hurt recruiting & his ability to stay focused b/c of the uncertainty surrounding the program (btw, this was a low period of Miami b-ball and many thought Coach L was making excuses for the team’s struggle).

Anyways, I digress.

Last edited:

1. Blake James took it upon himself, DESPITE advice to retain Al Golden after not only the 2014 debacle or how 2013 finished, but for the SHEAR disrespect & disregard Golden had after he went AWOL trying to back door the PSU job w/ no communication w/ his team, recruits, or BLAKE. Yet, Blake felt it was in the BEST DECISION of the program to bring him.

2. Blake James, took it upon himself to not do a coaching search & hire a retired Mark Richt AND allow him to bring on his son to coach, something that UGA would not allow despite of the good will & credibility Mark generated b/c he
his son had ZERO experience.

Nike’s contact was base + gear + royalties + signing bonus + bonus incentives FOR WINNING! We went from a tier 1 program to outside of tier 1, yet our contact offer was still $2m less than a tier 1 program in AlaFCKINbama! There’s a reason y both UA & Nike said “good luck” to Adidas’ contract; Adidas was looking to make a splash themselves since they lost Notre Dame. Do you know y Notre Dame left Adidas?

Tidbit:

@Canedude08
D1D07CE2-FACE-4EB4-8EC1-81F85B48E2D8.gif

Again, you just lie. What is wrong with you? You make up UNTRUTHFUL statements that are demonstrably false, and I guess you hope that nobody will challenge you on your lies?

1. Ask ANY of the Miami athletes from 1988-2012 how they feel about Nike? If you honestly believed the lies you try to peddle, then the answers will surprise you. ****, Warren Sapp cut up the shoes that adidas sent to him. Why don't you actually try to meet a former Miami athlete for once in your life? Or, ****, survey 100 UM athletes from 1988-2012. I'll bet you money that a substantial majority still rock Nike.

2. What has Nike done for the University of Miami? And you try to claim that Nike treated UM and the student-athletes "like crap for decades"? You are a clueless liar. None of that is true. Seriously. I challenge you RIGHT NOW to go ask UM athletes from the 1980s and 1990s and 2000s EXACTLY HOW THEY WERE TREATED BY NIKE. ****, ask @Brooklyndee . Right now. You have the ability to talk to an actual former football player with knowledge, rather than to invent evidence-free lies like you've been telling.

3. It is well-known that Shawn Eichhorst was a negligent hack and that Beta Blake James SPECIFICALLY ENGINEERED the Nike-adidas situation for his own personal edification. Blake James converted our Nike gear and equipment allotments into cash payouts and then tried to claim that Nike was being stingy. When Nike didn't like being played for fools and modified the contractual offer to "royalty-heavy", Beta Blake found a desperate bidder to splash some cash to buy credibility, and he destroyed a near-three-decade and first-of-its-kind relationship, so that he could look like a hero. Beta Blake is the Prince Humperdinck of Athletic Directors.

4. As for "one thing you've never seen during this adidas run" (and you're such a liar, since you have no proof of this), I can guaran-*******-tee you that adidas has been late in delivering apparel over the past 18 months. I have this on very good authority. But, hey, you tried to run your little game, you tried to make a baseless claim ("one thing I've never seen"), hoping that nobody would have any contradictory information. But I do. There have absolutely been problems over the past 18 months. And, sure, while YOU tried to limit it to "Nijel Pack type issues" ("wrong size"), the reality is that the technology on our equipment and apparel has fallen behind (something you tried not to mention). And, yes, certain items have not arrived as soon as promised (one item is pretty easy to identify, since we never actually wore it).

It's very simple. Please stop lying. Please stop telling lies about the 1980s and 1990s and 2000s when there are PLENTY of people who would be happy to rebut your lies. Please stop inventing some storyline about adidas being such a perfect partner.

None of what you say is true.
Only issues we ever had with Nike is we wanted more options. But that wasn't Nike at the time. Past that we loved Nike UNTIL shalalalalalala came along. That administration sold us under the bus for everything and anything.

Advertisement
Everything you just said is a lie. A flat-out lie.

It's 2023. Shoes are specifically designed. Yes, weight makes a difference. Zion was wearing a lighter shoe that was designed for quick movement and flexibility, and since that time Nike has customized a shoe FOR HIM that puts a premium on durability and support.

Stop lying that this was a "fluke happenstance". Nope. 67 games were played. How many other shoes blew out? Over 1,200 NBA games are played each season. How many other shoes blew out?

And, please, tell me about this locker room that was A GOOD 5-10 MINUTE RUN AWAY? What in the actual **** are you talking about? Remember, the middle of the field is in the same place for both football and basketball. So you are trying to tell us that FOOTBALL PLAYERS at that stadium have to RUN 10 minutes (assume an OL) just to get TO the locker room? And then another 10 minutes to RUN BACK at the end of halftime? Tell me again how long NFL halftimes are?

Finally, if you honestly believe that the game sneakers that are provided TO COLLEGE AND PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES are being constructed in sweat shops like they are mass-market Yeezys...

Look, everything you wrote is just a falsification. Whether you intended to lie or not, I have no idea. But you're wrong.

And I wouldn't blast you this hard if not for your arrogant opener where you're calling people "the most ignorant, ill-informed fans on the planet", just because we are calling out adidas for the CRAP they have been giving us. Oh, but you can ***** and moan about late-era Nike gear, but the minute that anyone calls out adidas, you call us "ignorant" and "ill-informed".

I don't come to your workplace to knock Blake James' **** out of your mouth...

Packs shoe broke. As you point out - there are over hundreds to thousands of games (and practices) played each season without that happening - whether it be Nike or Adidas. Not sure how you saying over 1.2k games are played (with only 1 instance of a shoe blowing up), is somehow proving it wasn't "fluke happenstance". In fact you pointing at how many games (and practices) are played without that happening kinda implies it is a fluke occurrence.

The stadium being a football stadium absolutely impacts the time it took to get to the locker room, back, then back to the locker room for the correct size, then back again.... It being an NFL stadium increased the time, because NORMALLY the basketball would be played in a basketball stadium, which would have the locker room closer (like if it were a home game at the BUC), especially when you account for the fact the equipment runner ran there 4 times.

Yall complaining about his shoe breaking is absolutely dumb imo, but it's whatever. What is truly dumbass territory are the ones *****ing about them not having any backups or how long it took to get him the backup as if that is anyone's fault BUT the equipment manager.

Only issues we ever had with Nike is we wanted more options. But that wasn't Nike at the time. Past that we loved Nike UNTIL shalalalalalala came along. That administration sold us under the bus for everything and anything.

Pls say it again for the ppl in the back. Got ****; thank u!

Edit: and u ain’t gotta speak very loudly b/c it’s only two! Lol

1. Blake James took it upon himself, DESPITE advice not to retain Al Golden after not only the 2014 debacle or how 2013 finished, but for the SHEAR disrespect & disregard Golden had after he went AWOL trying to back door the PSU job w/o any communication w/ his team, recruits, or BLAKE. Yet, Blake felt it was in the BEST INTEREST of the program to bring him back.

2. Blake James, took it upon himself to not do a coaching search & hire a retired Mark Richt AND allow him to bring on his son to coach, something that UGA would not allow despite all of the good will & credibility Mark generated b/c his son had ZERO experience.

Tidbit:

Sight.... I'll just say Your 2nd point is Completely garbage.

Tidbit:

@Rellyrell preaching facts!
@Canedude08 ….
1680669391583.gif

Advertisement
Merely screaming something, without supporting evidence isn't the flex the cultists believe it is. Amazing how actual journalists, with actual sources could put in print that the deal was MANY TIMES MORE, and Nike refused to match(which was my point), but that doesn't matter. However, some random message board poster just magically knows that one guy unilaterally ignored the better deal for unknown reasons. I know that a lot of our fanbase believes that people can do things around campus without consequences, but if Blake James was unilaterally doing things, things that cost the University money, best believe he would have been FIRED for it. No one, I repeat, NO ONE runs anything on campus without any oversight.

Advertisement
Merely screaming something, without supporting evidence isn't the flex the cultists believe it is. Amazing how actual journalists, with actual sources could put in print that the deal was MANY TIMES MORE, and Nike refused to match(which was my point), but that doesn't matter. However, some random message board poster just magically knows that one guy unilaterally ignored the better deal for unknown reasons. I know that a lot of our fanbase believes that people can do things around campus without consequences, but if Blake James was unilaterally doing things, things that cost the University money, best believe he would have been FIRED for it. No one, I repeat, NO ONE runs anything on campus without any oversight.

L-o-L

Jesus Christ; btw, thanks for posting an article from ESPN that was talked about in 2015. Lol. I see reading is not ur strong suit on this board, and I also see that u haven’t been following the damning threads, not by some “random poster”, but actually insiders regarding James’ autonomy.

Again, no one in this thread ever said anything about Nike matching or not matching Adidas’ offer; if u would actually read, it’s been stated the exact opposite.

However, like I told my ex; horses can be lead to water, but it’s up to them to decide what they wanna do w/ that water; usually it’s the Jack asses that go thirsty just to prove a point.

Hey if you wanna die on the Mark Richt was a bad hire hill, go for it lol.
also maybe you forgot what this site is.

Uh, did I say it was a bad hire? I said hiring a retired Richt AND letting his zero experienced son on staff. Richt was the most credible coach we had in yrs, but there was a clear reason y he wanted to retire. Oh; maybe u forgot the running joke of the secret playbook of Richt.

There were better, long term options available, but how would any be vetted when Blake said, what was it again, “we’re playing w/ the big boys now?” Yeah, he felt giddy about hiring a SEC coach. Maybe if this hire was 2010 & now 2016, it would’ve been a home run. It was a stop gap, one that he absolutely whiffed on for the next coach.

Btw, don’t tell me chit about this hire b/c many frowned on it, thinking it was underwhelming. I created a whole post trying to defend the hire, even comparing Richt to JJ.

Uh, did I say it was a bad hire? I said hiring a retired Richt AND letting his zero experienced son on staff. Richt was the most credible coach we had in yrs, but there was a clear reason y he wanted to retire. Oh; maybe u forgot the running joke of the secret playbook of Richt.

There were better, long term options available, but how would any be vetted when Blake said, what was it again, “we’re playing w/ the big boys now?” Yeah, he felt giddy about hiring a SEC coach. Maybe if this hire was 2010 & now 2016, it would’ve been a home run. It was a stop gap, one that he absolutely whiffed on for the next coach.

Btw, don’t tell me chit about this hire b/c many frowned on it, thinking it was underwhelming. I created a whole post trying to defend the hire, even comparing Richt to JJ.
So...you think the Mark Richt hire was bad lol. I mean are we under two different understandings that Mark Richt was coming without his son? ... How is that not what I just said. You say at the time you defended it, but are now using it as an example of how Blake ****ed up...You're 9D chess is too much for me I guess.

So...you think the Mark Richt hire was bad lol. I mean are we under two different understandings that Mark Richt was coming without his son? ... How is that not what I just said. You say at the time you defended it, but are now using it as an example of how Blake ****ed up...You're 9D chess is too much for me I guess.
One of my biggest pet peeves is when ppl put words in my mouth.

Since u have this argumentative nature about urself, this is what I’m going to do; I’m going to allow u to argue w/ urself. I’ll let u believe what u want to believe. If what I posted as an example flew over ur head & u didn’t get the gist of the back to back timeline that led to where we r today, then homie, I can’t help u.

Don’t expect a reply back; just enjoy typing out what u think is conceivable & maybe someone else can help u understand why I would remotely use, not just the hiring of Richt, but the lack of coaching search in the hire.

Both u & Canesdude08 r “whoooooo, child“ worthy.

Advertisement
Back