New Miami Adidas Ultraboost🔥

Advertisement
You should easily be able to project numbers if you knew what Nikes offer to us was. You can make VERY simple assumptions. Either you knew the details of what Nikes offer was to us enough to say so definitively that we would have been paid more by Nike than Adidas - like TOC just did, and to the point you're basically acting like anyone with differing thoughts are idiots, OR you don't know the details of the offer and this entire discussion has been ******* ridiculous.

Again you want to use Bama as an example to say they make like $7M (I vaguely remember you saying something like that) on the backend and just said they basically received a 12.5% royalty. Okay, what was the Royalty Nike would have given us in our potential deal? More or less than Bama has in their deal with them? ... Where do we rank in sales compared to Bama (who I also vaguely remember you saying was #2 in merch sales?)? Lower? Higher? Substantially lower? You can use historical numbers, You can use best case scenario, you can use whatever you want - lets call this your PROJECTION of what our sales would rank lol. **** you can take where we currently rank with Adidas, then just add a multiplier to project where we'd be with Nike....From there there is only one more piece to the puzzle - how much was Nike offering us yearly upfront including equipment and whatever else? Now you add those numbers together and you have a total projected Nike payout. Then you compare that number to what you know we are receiving from Adidas which is reportedly like $9M/yr up-front (and idk what if any on backend or if that $9M includes equipment/whatever).

So lets assume we would have received a lower royalty than Bama (if you know the details of the deal we could have had with Nike, you should be able to insert that right here directly), and likely would have sold quite a decent bit less given they rank top 3 in sales, and what at best we'd be top 10? So if Bama is making $7M at a higher Royalty and larger sales, we'd clearly make what 15-20% less on the backend than they do? Lets call it $5.5M. Now I'm assuming you knew what Bama was receiving up front yearly as well, what was it like $4M? So lets say Nike was offering us less, something like $2.5M/yr up front... Well in total that would be $8M/yr front-end and back-end. See how easily I projected that with Basically ZERO information other than you saying Bama makes $7M on the back end. ... So you and TOC having the insider information you have, should be able to do a much more accurate job of projecting what the payout would have/ could have been. This really was extremely easy. And If I knew the royalty and what miami does merch wise or what our peers do, or even what we did historically with Nike, I'd easily be able to project how much we'd get. ... Maybe the actual deal would pay us a 13% royalty too. Maybe historically we actually outsell bama? All that is knowledge you basically claim to have on the situation, which should aid you in making your projection.

I really don't know why this is so difficult dude. This isn't differential equations. Its literally basic 8th grade algebra.

O-M-F-G

I’m not doing this bull chit again. I’ve been very transparent on everything. If u refuse to comprehend or read what I’ve been consistent on, that’s on u. U pulled this same bull chit in the Nike Deal thread, & I specifically said the same chit.

U know what, Fck it; since we’re playing make believe hypotheticals:

Let’s say Nike’s offer was:
-$3.5m/yr for 8 yrs, w/ a renegotiation window in yr 6, plus, a signing bonus of $3m
Terms are:
-All equipment compensation can be converted to cash up to 50% with prior notice/year.
-12% royalty on all non-premier Miami branded items & 13% on exclusive Miami Branded items.

-Terms of competitive bonuses:
Football:
*Plays in Conference Championship = $10k bonus
*Win Conference Championship = $20k bonus
*Plays in CFP = $25k bonus
*Plays in Nat’l title = $50k bonus.
*Wins Nat’l Title = $100k

Men’s B-ball:
*Win regular season = $10k bonus
*Final 4 = $25k bonus
*Win Championship = $50k

Women’s basketball
*Same terms as men’s b-ball

Baseball:
*Win Regular Season = $5k
*Win Tournament = $2.5k
*Regional = $5k
*Super Regional = $5k
*WS Champion = $10k

All Club Sports Covered/per:
Conference Championship = $2.5k
Championships = $10k
**These cash bonuses are non-cumulative; whatever is highest achievement by each program will be compensated as such.**

Nike also will provide equipment to all club sports. Nike will choose two students per year to intern at Nike, at the recommendation of the University if they meet all academic requirements set out by both The University & Nike. If it comes to Nike’s attention that any student athlete is provided equipment that is causing discomfort, Nike is to be notified so we can meet with the affected student athlete to get proper measurements and testing to fit their needs.

What I just did was quote a typical & actual Nike contract. So just looking at Bama, who made $16m in a yr from licensing, royalties, etc; let’s say Miami is at, fck it, 35% of that #. That puts us at $5.6m/yr if my math is correct. Nah, fck it…let’s knock it down further to only $4.5m in royalties/yr just b/c.

So I’ll allow u to decipher why Blake didn’t want this deal; b/c as I said, it required him to run a competent AD. WINNING is the incentive driver, & now do all all ur calculations to see if we could “POTENTIALLY” make more $$ in this scenario.

And so we’re not confused, I’m NOT saying this was the offer that Miami received, but based upon the non tier 1 contracts I’ve seen, I’m going to ASSUME it was something akin to this level. Hence why I have continued to say “POTENTIAL.” The only thing I was made aware of is Nike offered us an incentivized contract w/ a base #, signing bonus, + equipment. That’s all I was told nor did I press for more info b/c that’s not my style, & that’s ALL I shared on this board. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Last edited:
This is Beyoncé’s 2nd flop. Adidas was supposed to be the engine behind her brain child & it’s been a massive failure. Welp, I guess they can rely on Bad Bunny. Lol

Adidas is also losing top executives in key departments after yrs of service. They are projected to lose money this yr for the first time in 30 yrs per many business outlets.

Another issue is their top branded athletes in the NBA: Harden, Young, Dame (although the Dame 8’s have been the most popular in a while for an Adidas athlete), is not moving the units at a rate that justifies their contracts. So yeah, they’re slowly reverting back to the Adidas we saw struggle in the 90’s (albeit I don’t think it will be thaaaaaat bad).
Their marketing is just downright awful too. Like with the Harden 7’s that just came out, he was hooping in them all season and yet there was no press at all pushing them. On top of that they look like a good performer and I think the design is dope (very polarizing) but imo boost/light strike are not on the same level as Nike’s basketball tech. So in my mind they’re not worth $160 plus tax.

Advertisement
Oh wow finally an answer!!! This is LITERALLY the first time you or Relly have said that We would have made more money under Nike than under Adidas (over the length of the contract thus far) and not no bs “well we could possibly have made up for it in royalties” (no ******* **** it’s possible - would we have is the question). You keep saying I’m lying (which is retarded), yet you were the one that has refused to make a definitive statement on the subject of actual ******* money until right now. I have consistently said I took your guys (the claimed insiders) lack of answer as an answer. In fact all this discussion/arguing could have been avoided a year ago if you had said that from the getgo - you know like I asked from the very beginning lol. Maybe if your old *** misremembering brain needs a refresher, why don’t you go back to the original post a year ago and see if I said I’m open to trusting either of you if you said we would have made more … yet all you had were dumb *** excuses….’well see here sport, there are apples and over here are bananas’…lol. Like it’s hilarious you don’t know how dumb that sounds that you can’t do simple math. Total = Initial payment + Xequipment + Yroyalties * sales. If our expected sales (based on inside info or historical sales rankings) under Nike were enough to make the total money received more, then we would have received more money. Yet the ONLY statement that has every been shared is ‘Bama is 2nd in sales and makes about $7M…’ and just cause I know you only feel attacked and like to say I’m lying about everything, that’s not a direct quote.

Also I said I don’t care about the quality, not the ******* design dip**** lol. Yet again it appears you’re lying and using your lie to accuse me of lying. You are the one *****ing about the quality. As best as I can remember I have never once said smjack **** about any of that really, just that I didn’t care. . I’m saying I think the design for Adidas has been FAR better than the previous two Nike offered, and how much that impacts which contract is subjective. My statements have been clear and consistent. But apparently you can’t comprehend them. It’s also hilarious that you can’t possibly understand that I (and others) can possibly think stuff like the feather shoulders weren’t even 5% as bad as those orange and green helmets and general uniforms Nike tried to have us wear. This is exactly why I have said that I don’t give a **** what argument you guys make regarding this aspect, because it’s subjective. I also said if that was one of your major factors in deciding Nike is better, go right ahead. Whether that be the quality, the U, the nameplate, any of it, merch quality cause the collar doesn’t fit right… any of it, I didn’t care. Because your opinion was different than mine. How much we weigh those factors in forming our opinion in which deal is better is also entirely subjective opinion. Idk why that was ever so complicated.

Also you keep trying to alter history, it’s honestly a joke. Show me what I said about Adidas ******** us in our contract and whether I accepted y’all statement about that lol. Go ahead provide the receipts. regarding the NCAA investigation, all I said was we didn’t get in trouble for it. So am I lying there? Lol.

Maybe you also need to check your timelines on when I said 12 years is too long, and when you said rumors are Alonzo wants us to move to Nike lol. Cause it seems like you forgot to take your Alzheimer’s meds again cause your timeline are 100% false. Very funny the one continuously calling me a liar is the one doing the lying.

Stop lying.

It's a simple request. Just stop lying.

We have consistently stated that Miami would most likely have made more money with Nike. But honest people like @Rellyrell and myself try not to speak in absolutes, because dopes like you can change the variables to arrive at whatever answer you have predetermined.

I understand that your narrow and simplistic brain can't handle complexity. And I can't change that. And more importantly, Beta Blake never negotiated with Nike in good faith in order to get to a point where we have actual figures on what our royalty rate would have been, what escalators we would have had, etc.

So I've tried to dumb things down for you. I've said all along that if we would have signed a shorter deal with Nike, been given MARKET terms on royalties and escalators and incentives (or maybe slightly better, because we're Miami) and sold comparable levels of apparel and merch that we had been selling previously, then we would have made more money. I've said that for years, though it's impossible to prove with your Simple Jack math formulas.

But, again, IF YOU ACTUALLY CARED, you would look around and see what the rest of the market is doing. Cal just went back to Nike. UCLA went back to Nike. Everyone that actually has a choice is trying to go back to Nike. WHY? The reasons are endless. Sure, your brain is so basic that you want it expressed in only one unit, dollars, as if that is the only consideration. And we've tried. We've tried to give you every possible explanation (without inventing falsified numbers to make your tiny brain feel better).

No matter what, you will dig your heels and spin up more lies, more misdirection, more nonsense.

Look, in the 8 years since we signed our 12 year prison sentence, the industry is changed. People who want to stamp their feet and cry that Nike didn't make us any Sweet 16 merch in 2013? Yeah, Nike just signed a MANUFACTURING deal with Fanatics, now they'll be able to print Sweet 16 merch for Nike schools AND have it in your hands before the Sweet 16 games are even played. The game has changed, but we're still stuck with a company that couldn't even sell a "Miami Nights" jersey until late September 2022 when the season was 1/3 OVER.

I know you like to complain that I act like a know-it-all, but you fail to take into account that I've actually worked in this industry, and that I know what I'm talking about. I can absolutely tell you (from actual knowledge) about a company in the sports apparel and merchandise business that was bankrupted on "guaranteed money". That's the truth. When the recession hit in 2009, they absolutely could not pay the guaranteed amounts. And I happen to know that company was acquired for zero-point-zero cash after they defaulted on the guarantees. And makes a nice profit today, now that all the guaranteed-payout deals have expired.

It's obvious from conversing with you, that you know NOTHING about the industry, you know NOTHING about these deals, you know NOTHING about the trends. But you are **** good at trying to demand overly-simplistic answers from people who DO KNOW, and you loooooove to presume the things that you have predetermined when people don't want to give you overly-simplistic answers.

You're on record. Your prior posts exist, all those ones where you BRAGGGGED about all the guaranteed adidas money and never once complained about the 12 year deal. I realize you're trying to change your schtick slightly, but you have way too much history of parroting Beta Blake's lies to change things now.

And let's memorialize yet another one of your gems:

"Go ahead provide the receipts. regarding the NCAA investigation, all I said was we didn’t get in trouble for it."

Yessss...we "didn't get in trouble for it." I am fairly certain you are talking about the FBI investigation, which had a tremendous impact on our program. This is where you go so wrong, you pick ONE metric (we did not receive NCAA punishment for the adidas crimes) and then you ignore all other metrics (how the FBI investigation destroyed our basketball recruiting for two years).

Anyone who chooses to argue that "we didn't get in trouble for the adidas bribery scandal" is intentionally telling lies.

Stop lying.

Last edited:
Hey shoe guys...lets get back on topic. I need a slip on, lounge around shoe. Like run to the store quick for milk or take the garbage out.

Whats the deal with those "Hey Dude" shoes I see all over. Because there is a 0.0 chance anyone ever sees crocs on me feet.

Their marketing is just downright awful too. Like with the Harden 7’s that just came out, he was hooping in them all season and yet there was no press at all pushing them. On top of that they look like a good performer and I think the design is dope (very polarizing) but imo boost/light strike are not on the same level as Nike’s basketball tech. So in my mind they’re not worth $160 plus tax.

Agreed. Their marketing is absolutely pitiful.

Advertisement
O-M-F-G

I’m not doing this bull chit again. I’ve been very transparent on everything. If u refuse to comprehend or read what I’ve been consistent on, that’s on u. U pulled this same bull chit in the Nike Deal thread, & I specifically said the same chit.

U know what, Fck it; since we’re playing make believe hypotheticals:

Let’s say Nike’s offer was:
-$3.5m/yr for 8 yrs, w/ a renegotiation window in yr 6, plus, a signing bonus of $3m
Terms are:
-All equipment compensation can be converted to cash up to 50% with prior notice/year.
-12% royalty on all non-premier Miami branded items & 13% on exclusive Miami Branded items.

-Terms of competitive bonuses:
Football:
*Plays in Conference Championship = $10k bonus
*Win Conference Championship = $20k bonus
*Plays in CFP = $25k bonus
*Plays in Nat’l title = $50k bonus.
*Wins Nat’l Title = $100k

Men’s B-ball:
*Win regular season = $10k bonus
*Final 4 = $25k bonus
*Win Championship = $50k

Women’s basketball
*Same terms as men’s b-ball

Baseball:
*Win Regular Season = $5k
*Win Tournament = $2.5k
*Regional = $5k
*Super Regional = $5k
*WS Champion = $10k

All Club Sports Covered/per:
Conference Championship = $2.5k
Championships = $10k
**These cash bonuses are non-cumulative; whatever is highest achievement by each program will be compensated as such.**

Nike also will provide equipment to all club sports. Nike will choose two students per year to intern at Nike, at the recommendation of the University if they meet all academic requirements set out by both The University & Nike. If it comes to Nike’s attention that any student athlete is provided equipment that is causing discomfort, Nike is to be notified so we can meet with the affected student athlete to get proper measurements and testing to fit their needs.

What I just did was quote a typical & actual Nike contract. So just looking at Bama, who made $16m in a yr from licensing, royalties, etc; let’s say Miami is at, fck it, 35% of that #. That puts us at $5.6m/yr if my math is correct. Nah, fck it…let’s knock it down further to only $4.5m in royalties/yr just b/c.

So I’ll allow u to decipher why Blake didn’t want this deal; b/c as I said, it required him to run a competent AD. WINNING is the incentive driver, & now do all all ur calculations to see if we could “POTENTIALLY” make more $$ in this scenario.

And so we’re not confused, I’m NOT saying this was the offer that Miami received, but based upon the non tier 1 contracts I’ve seen, I’m going to ASSUME it was something akin to this level. Hence why I have continued to say “POTENTIAL.” The only thing I was made aware of is Nike offered us an incentivized contract w/ a base #, signing bonus, + equipment. That’s all I was told nor did I press for more info b/c that’s not my style, & that’s ALL I shared on this board. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Bro, don't let this guy stress you. Those of us with even basic reading comprehension skills are on board with you. Move on from him and have a fantastic weekend! Go Canes!

Y'know...I had this conversation with @Rellyrell , when you would search the adidas site for "Miami Hurricanes" and half of the results were just generic orange, green, and/or white shirts/shoes with absolutely no UM logos...

So adidas sent our TWO Sweet 16 teams (only one of four schools in the country to have both teams make the 16), some generic white shoes and some generic orange apparel?

I'd say that I'm upset/disappointed, but this is pretty much EXACTLY what I expect from adidas now.

Advertisement
Bro, slides, my brotha. Straight slides.
tumblr_pfokvqmWAA1vi3iev_400.gif

I feel like I just got done talking Tre about my brother Ricky getting shot with this look.

Advertisement
Bro, don't let this guy stress you. Those of us with even basic reading comprehension skills are on board with you. Move on from him and have a fantastic weekend! Go Canes!

Bro, u’re right…I just hate ppl ppl words in my mouth in real life. Gives me PTSD w/ the ex wife. Lol.

But I’m done, & will continue to provide leaked info whenever I can. Anyways, my apologies to the board; let’s get back on subject. I have some new Canes Nikes coming through soon. Once they come in, I’ll post them.

Come on, my brotha. Lol. Lol.

Maybe it’s a Cali thing, but we are always out in slides & socks.

But here’s a cool slip on shoe that’s hella comfortable.

Those are nice..and my cheap *** price range. I also just started mixing in some 3-5 mile runs every 4th or 5th day and I like the light weight shoes. I have Brooks Ghosts now and they are a bit bulky. Light but just feel large. I used to love Nike free's (5.0) but they almost made me push my pace more without even trying.

Living in GA now Ill I def do like a Reef flip flop when I can.

Advertisement
Back