New Miami Adidas Ultraboost🔥

Advertisement
Yessir. And I have these. Nike has been very pro-Miami Hurricanes. They’ve released more shoes in our color way, literally calling it Miami Hurricanes in the past few yrs than Adidas has in this 8 yr partnership, & that’s not an accident.
First, I love your info and insight!

Second, how exactly can Nike get away with this since Adidas has a “contract” with Miami? Not that Adidas completely owns our naming rights, but on the surface seems like an easy cease and desist kind of issue. For example, would seem strange if Adidas released an “Oregon Ducks” named colorway in neons greens etc.

And last, is Nike foreshadowing something!?!?! Seems like they have interest in rekindling this relationship as well! I know everyone believes we are heading in the direction, but why would Nike put this kind of effort into consistently using “Miami Hurricanes”?

Last edited:
First, I love your info and insight!

Second, how exactly can Nike get away with this since Adidas has a “contract” with Miami? Not that Adidas completely owns our naming rights, but on the surface seems like an easy cease and desist kind of issue. For example, would seem strange if Adidas released an “Oregon Ducks” named colorway in neons greens etc.

And last, is Nike foreshadowing something!?!?! Seems like they have interest in rekindling this relationship as well! I know everyone believes we are heading in the direction, but why would Nike put this kind of effort into consistently using “Miami Hurricanes”?

Appreciate u my man. 🙏🏾 I’ve been blessed to live out my passion as a sneaker head, while having connections to the company I’ve been rocking w/ since a young teen, so I try to share what I can & if it’s something that hasn’t hit the fan yet, I’ll stay quiet to protect sources.

Since Nike is the first to have an exclusive partnership with us, they can re-release original models or don newer models w/ our color way. Is it ethical? Not in a sense, but to give an example of Adidas doing the same thing; after Kobe died, they re-released the Kobe Crazy 8’s. Matter of fact, they re-released several models. Granted, this was also during a time when Nike & Kobe’s estate was in a contract dispute, but even after that dispute finalized & the family remained w/ Nike, Adidas re-released Kobe’s last model w/ them. Why? B/c they still owned the intellectual property to the design, & they were trying to take advantage of a tragedy. Ethical? Absolutely not. In their right? Yes.

However, I know it was a bitter pill for Nike regarding us going to Adidas. Blake wanted guaranteed $$, & bro was so anxious and **** bent on creating his own legacy, that this fool didn’t read the fine print. Smh. As I stated in one of the original threads, we’ll find out how Adidas does business real soon if we don’t fulfill our end, & sure enough, couple yrs later it leaked out.

Nike have been flirting w us, & it’s intensified. They have been giving me Michigan vibes b4 Michigan switched. If Mario, Rad, & Zo today said F this, we’re going back to Nike, there’s enough breach w/in our contract w/ Adidas to have an amicable split.

Yessir. And I have these. Nike has been very pro-Miami Hurricanes. They’ve released more shoes in our color way, literally calling it Miami Hurricanes in the past few yrs than Adidas has in this 8 yr partnership, & that’s not an accident.
They shouldn’t be allowed to do this

Advertisement
Why shouldn’t they? Miami was apart of their portfolio, just like Nike have the right to release Kyrie shoes later on down the line.
They absolutely should not be allowed to call the collorway Miami Hurricanes - and especially not put our font/typeface on any shoe.

If Nike had created a Shoe during our partnership that had our Logo, should they still be allowed to use that?

They absolutely should not be allowed to call the collorway Miami Hurricanes - and especially not put our font/typeface on any shoe.

If Nike had created a Shoe during our partnership that had our Logo, should they still be allowed to use that?

It’s absolutely w/in their right to do so.

want these sz 13 and kept getting error just gave up lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
GIve it a rest, Beta Blake. It's a colorway. There are no Miami logos. It's legal.

Miami doesn't have a patent on orange-white-and-green. In fact, there is another Nike school that has those same colors.
Maybe we are looking at two different pictures. One literally says they’re named “Miami Hurricanes”. That pic of the updated dunks literally has Miami and Canes written on it.

Maybe we are looking at two different pictures. One literally says they’re named “Miami Hurricanes”. That pic of the updated dunks literally has Miami and Canes written on it.

I hear ya, that's just on the FootLocker website. When you see the Huarache on the Nike website, it doesn't mention Miami at all (nor did the Nike website do so with the Dunks).

As for that "new" Dunk, I'm not sure that's legit. I looked at my pair, and the only difference is the white panel in the middle of the sides of the shoe (where the swoosh begins). That picture may very well be someone's artistic license, I have NOT seen that on ANY other site.

I hear ya, that's just on the FootLocker website. When you see the Huarache on the Nike website, it doesn't mention Miami at all (nor did the Nike website do so with the Dunks).

As for that "new" Dunk, I'm not sure that's legit. I looked at my pair, and the only difference is the white panel in the middle of the sides of the shoe (where the swoosh begins). That picture may very well be someone's artistic license, I have NOT seen that on ANY other site.
Good. I’m just saying if they use our name/logo/whatever to sell their **** that would be bad and I’d be against it

Advertisement
Back