New Miami Adidas UltraboostšŸ”„

Authentic Casio wrist watch AND braided leather belt on the jorts? You don't want to be competing against that dude on a Tuesday night after last call at Grog House.

He got ******* filling up the glaze barrels at Krispy kreme.

Itā€™s the way he tucks in that Costco polo that gets the ladies.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I also want to give credit to our fellow shoe enthusiast @Hurracanes for the tip-off on the timing of the adidas meeting. I knew it would happen, I just thought it would be in the summertime.
I am curious to see if the change does occur, when will it take place? I would imagine Nike (or the next apparel brand) needs time to make the gear. I doubt they have the gear ready by summer time when camp starts unless things are already moving.

I am curious to see if the change does occur, when will it take place? I would imagine Nike (or the next apparel brand) needs time to make the gear. I doubt they have the gear ready by summer time when camp starts unless things are already moving.

When we announced the adidas deal, it was in January 2015, and we had enough time to get apparel by August of the same year.

I'd expect that if we can't hit the "2023" window, that we will quietly part ways with adidas now, but not announce Nike until part of the way into the 2023-24 year, so that adidas can sell football merch (which is most of the merch money anyhow).

Here is what I personally expect...given the groundwork that was done a year ago...if we conclude business (negatively) with adidas this month and can get something in place by next month, then you might be able to announce something in time for the spring game.

Which would be nice.

If not...then the calendar rolls over to "2024 by the earliest".

8 or 9 years is a good run on a 12 year deal. Good enough, anyhow.

But I defer to @Rellyrell on how fast Nike can make shoes and print shirts. A lot of that stuff is "template" now, just use different colored-material and ink, and insert the right logo...

When we announced the adidas deal, it was in January 2015, and we had enough time to get apparel by August of the same year.

I'd expect that if we can't hit the "2023" window, that we will quietly part ways with adidas now, but not announce Nike until part of the way into the 2023-24 year, so that adidas can sell football merch (which is most of the merch money anyhow).

Here is what I personally expect...given the groundwork that was done a year ago...if we conclude business (negatively) with adidas this month and can get something in place by next month, then you might be able to announce something in time for the spring game.

Which would be nice.

If not...then the calendar rolls over to "2024 by the earliest".

8 or 9 years is a good run on a 12 year deal. Good enough, anyhow.

But I defer to @Rellyrell on how fast Nike can make shoes and print shirts. A lot of that stuff is "template" now, just use different colored-material and ink, and insert the right logo...

That would be awesome for The Spring Game, actually. However, if something like that were to happen, weā€™ll most likely still rock the 3-stripes for the 23-24 season, with the new apparel company taking over for the 24-25 season. Itā€™s not material thatā€™s an issue, itā€™s logistics of product placement w/ approved stores, approved designs, fitting team needs for on field & off field products, templates to customize jerseys for the NIL era, enough merchandise for fans whether thatā€™s tā€™s, hats, different quality jerseys, shoes, etc.

For instance, even though Harbaughā€™s contingency with joining UofM was switching to Nike, that first season in 2015 they were rocking Adidas, even though it was announced theyā€™ll be switching that same football season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
2D508B9B-AA8C-4404-922F-4D703DDDE8E5.jpeg

Attachments

• 9CFB921A-0357-4373-8CD5-EBF12D995AE6.jpeg
    9CFB921A-0357-4373-8CD5-EBF12D995AE6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back