New Miami Adidas Ultraboost🔥

Advertisement
Uh oh, look at tough guy over here lol. I’m stating my preference, yet you’re over here all butt hurt like a little ***** lmaooo. Hype beast lol? Nope, just a preference, and I bet more people, WAY more ****** people, would prefer us to switch to Jordan over your precious “less is more” adidas trash apparel they keep coming out with. The adidas hype with recruits is dead, and it only peaked for about a year or two I’d say from 2015-2017. And yes I’m mentioning recruiting because these kids nowadays care about this stuff. But go on with your less is more adidas groveling.
It's not about being "Tough" or whatever dumbass crap you want to flap about, it's about the fact that Nike treated us like crap for DECADES and yet jock sniffers like yourself are always around anytime Adidas does anything that Nike failed to do for years. Keep in mind, they didn't want to pay Miami, but Nike/Jordan had no problem backing up the Brinks truck for Michigan and Tennessee, two programs that haven't done much of anything lately either. Never mind the fact that we desperately needed the funding provided from the apparel deal to survive as a program, seeing that our "fans" want Alabama results, but won't spend a dime to get there.

Judging from recruiting rankings and who this program has been able to get, sounds like wearing Adidas isn't hurting a **** thing. But hey, Jumpman crap is so much cooler...Never mind the fact that in most cases, it all looks the **** same, most of it are produced in the same factories by the same underpaid children as Adidas wear. When did Nike EVER provide the marketing support and the like that Adidas has? When did Nike take care of the student-athletes the way Adidas has? The answer is NEVER. I remember guys like Shane Larkin having to go buy extra kicks at places like Sole Fly, because Nike was cheap on how many pairs you could get as a student-athlete. I remember guys consistently complaining about stuff never fitting right, guys not getting enough gear, you don't hear that crap now. Why? Because Adidas treats Miami extremely well, so that's why we should be loyal to them for the time being.

Bro just doing a quick search, I’ve seen:

LBJ 9 Miami (original $200…resale $500 today)

93 Nike Barrage Miami (original $125…re-released, sold out & new resale $500)

97 Air Max Miami (trying to purchase these as we speak. Original price $110, now I’m in a bidding war)

Nike Air Huarache Miami (Original $110, just re-released a couple yrs ago, sold out. New re-sale: $300+)

Nike Air Zoom Huarache Miami P.E (only ones I found were used ones, USED ones reselling for $200)

Meanwhile, those neon orange Adidas shoe that provided our fans/players as our shoe; yeah, they had a price reduction on fanatics b/c no one bought that crap.
nike also has moved far ahead on the track. the nike vaporfly has been proven to increase runners speed by like 4%. maybe nike football shoes make guys run faster. a lot of technology these days.

i was an adidas guy for a long time but i am back to running in nikes (not for speed, for the cushion) but I have never had a better running shoe (nike zoom x invincible). if anyone runs and likes a cushioned ride check them out

Advertisement
Look, I'm going to make this simple.

I was very disappointed with Nike not retaining Miami. We were THE FIRST exclusive university deal that Nike ever did, and they should have valued that legacy, the way that Nike values Oregon and North Carolina and UnderArmour values Maryland.

I have loyalty to the brands that have loyalty to my alma mater.

However, there is some sort of disconnect with adidas. It has been years now. Every time I search for University of Miami on the adidas website, there are very few choices. Same when I search any apparel site for UM adidas gear. And I'd like to tell you that this is rare, except for the fact that when I look for soccer gear (Orlando City) or hockey gear (St. Louis Blues), there isn't much there. I have no idea why UM, essentially, gets one new shoe per year from adidas.

So, yeah, if we can figure out a pathway that pairs us up with a company that will pay us fairly and give us plenty of shoes and apparel to buy in our colorways, I'm fine with it.

Right now, the best "other" adidas school is Texas A&M. After that, it's a big drop-off to crappier schools. Time to soar with the eagles.

I was very disappointed with Nike not retaining Miami. We were THE FIRST exclusive university deal that Nike ever did, and they should have valued that legacy, the way that Nike values Oregon and North Carolina and UnderArmour values Maryland.

However, there is some sort of disconnect with adidas. It has been years now. Every time I search for University of Miami on the adidas website, there are very few choices. Same when I search any apparel site for UM adidas gear. And I'd like to tell you that this is rare, except for the fact that when I look for soccer gear (Orlando City) or hockey gear (St. Louis Blues), there isn't much there. I have no idea why UM, essentially, gets one new shoe per year from adidas.

So, yeah, if we can figure out a pathway that pairs us up with a company that will pay us fairly and give us plenty of shoes and apparel to buy in our colorways, I'm fine with it.

Right now, the best "other" adidas school is Texas A&M. After that, it's a big drop-off to crappier schools. Time to soar with the eagles.
Perhaps your shopping sources are the problem. Plenty, and I mean, a lot, of Adidas options online. The disconnect is with you, not the school. Adidas is selling a huge amount of Canes gear. More than Nike did. I do agree Nike has better quality gear but Adidas beats them with designs.

Your Texas A&M argument contradicts your argument about Nike when we signed with them in 1995. You know how many schools they had then? 0. Miami has the opportunity to take the Adidas brand to another level like it did with Nike.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No Offense but you’re aging yourself, right now. That logo is arguably the most popular logo in all of sports.

That being said, we do not need MJ brand. Adidas is much bigger company than Nike and has a lot of $. In addition, and most importantly, they are treating Miami extremely well across the board. Fans (besides the minority Nike weirdos), University and Adidas are very happy together.
Adidas is not a “much bigger company than Nike”. Jesus man, at least do your research. 2020 revenue: adidas $23.2 billion vs Nike at $37.4 billion. It’s not even close, but Nike is actually the “much bigger company” you speak of.

And why do adidas fanboys get all butt hurt when someone speaks of a different preference and talks, rightfully so, about how ****** adidas fan apparel is?

Last edited:
Don’t care how cool their stuff is I laugh at the stupidity of a Jumpman logo on a football jersey every time I see a **** jersey.
If/when we ever get outta the adidas contract, I would rather us go back to Nike, or re up with Adidas, simply because the “Jumpman” logo just screams basketball, to me. I know… the jumpman logo is popular. The kids love it…. whatever. I get it…. but I, IMO, would rather not have basketball logos on football apparel. Just my .02

Last edited:

As long as they fulfill the terms of the contract and keep paying us I’ll keep supporting Adidas.

If Nike comes in and buys out the contract and starts supporting our program the way it needs to be supported then I will support them.

Anybody that capes for Nike on a hurricanes fan site is just lame AF. They’re not doing shlt for us, so I’m not going to say nice things about a company that doesn’t support my team.

It’s clear some people here are bigger fans of Nike than they are of the Miami Hurricanes.

Adidas are what they are, and from where I sit, what they are right now is the company that is paying my team.

As long as they fulfill the terms of the contract and keep paying us I’ll keep supporting Adidas.

If Nike comes in and buys out the contract and starts supporting our program the way it needs to be supported then I will support them.

Anybody that capes for Nike on a hurricanes fan site is just lame AF. They’re not doing shlt for us, so I’m not going to say nice things about a company that doesn’t support my team.

It’s clear some people here are bigger fans of Nike than they are of the Miami Hurricanes.

Adidas are what they are, and from where I sit, what they are right now is the company that is paying my team.
:100:

Advertisement
It's not about being "Tough" or whatever dumbass crap you want to flap about, it's about the fact that Nike treated us like crap for DECADES and yet jock sniffers like yourself are always around anytime Adidas does anything that Nike failed to do for years. Keep in mind, they didn't want to pay Miami, but Nike/Jordan had no problem backing up the Brinks truck for Michigan and Tennessee, two programs that haven't done much of anything lately either. Never mind the fact that we desperately needed the funding provided from the apparel deal to survive as a program, seeing that our "fans" want Alabama results, but won't spend a dime to get there.

Judging from recruiting rankings and who this program has been able to get, sounds like wearing Adidas isn't hurting a **** thing. But hey, Jumpman crap is so much cooler...Never mind the fact that in most cases, it all looks the **** same, most of it are produced in the same factories by the same underpaid children as Adidas wear. When did Nike EVER provide the marketing support and the like that Adidas has? When did Nike take care of the student-athletes the way Adidas has? The answer is NEVER. I remember guys like Shane Larkin having to go buy extra kicks at places like Sole Fly, because Nike was cheap on how many pairs you could get as a student-athlete. I remember guys consistently complaining about stuff never fitting right, guys not getting enough gear, you don't hear that crap now. Why? Because Adidas treats Miami extremely well, so that's why we should be loyal to them for the time being.
I think it’s interesting how you obsess over how “the fans” don’t spend a dime on this program. If you’re referring to me, it’s even more hilarious. I have my bachelors and my masters from the University of Miami, as well as two additional continuing education certifications from there. I’ve spent thousands on Miami, not just in tuition (even though I was smart enough to be awarded the Bowman Foster Ashe academic scholarship, meaning 75% of my tuition was covered) but also donations to athletics. So shut that pie hole and stop constantly talking **** about our fanbase, because plenty do donate and spend that “dime” you keep yapping about.

I simply stated my preference and opinion over how ****** adidas fan apparel is. This is supported by many. I’ve noticed the quality difference myself, and that’s why I don’t, for the most part, buy adidas fan apparel (I’ve only purchased their black Miami basketball jersey, which is solid). I’ve received Miami adidas apparel as gifts, and I’ve either donated them or they keep collecting dust because of how cheap and tacky they look, on top of just fitting horribly.

When it comes to unis, I mean, it’s obvious that adidas trotted out the worst looking uni in our history. Nike has on occasion given us some doozies, I won’t lie, but that adidas feather Walmart uni takes the cake. Adidas did rebound with our recent retro uni, but still, their lack of attention to detail is concerning. Logos and font never aligned…ever. Their “edgy” parley unis are literally trash. And they supply the players with a lot of the same looking casual gear, especially shoes. They give them a lot supposedly, but it’s the same tired designs.

It sounds like you’re taking this way too personally “dude”. I stated an opinion, and you cry about it. There’s a reason why a majority of fans, to my recollection, preferred Miami to stick with Nike prior to making the switch. This was based on polling from Miami’s local apparel shops.

And yes, I say all this knowing adidas has paid us more annually than our Nike contract.

Perhaps your shopping sources are the problem. Plenty, and I mean, a lot, of Adidas options online. The disconnect is with you, not the school. Adidas is selling a huge amount of Canes gear. More than Nike did. I do agree Nike has better quality gear but Adidas beats them with designs.

Your Texas A&M argument contradicts your argument about Nike when we signed with them in 1995. You know how many schools they had then? 0. Miami has the opportunity to take the Adidas brand to another level like it did with Nike.

You are a pathetic little troll who is just trying to start trouble.

You are wrong. You are wrong on every count. "Shopping sources"...you are full of ****e. You have no idea what my shopping sources are, and you are simply insane about adidas selling more UM gear than Nike did. I have been buying UM gear since the mid-80s, before there was an official apparel provider and before there was an internet. The UM Bookstore, AllSports, Book Horizons, and the little-known spot inside of the Hecht Athletic Center.

Go to the adidas website right now. They MAKE our gear. They list FOURTEEN items. Four are sweatshirts (way to know the geographic market, adidas). Four are SOCKS. Two are shoes, including the terrible Supernova shoe from last year (and, yes, I own a pair). Two are the PrimeBlue polos, black and orange (I own both), but they IMMEDIATELY sold out of the green and it isn't available anywhere. And I regularly order from multiple online sites, including those with brick-and-mortar stores like AllCanes and CanesWear.

As for my comments about Texas A&M, genius, it's no longer 1995. The game has changed. We are currently getting the same treatment from adidas that they give to Arizona State, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Mississippi State, North Carolina State, Nebraska, and Texas A&M. Outside of aTm, those schools are the bottom of the Power Five barrel (and don't try to cite the W-L records from the last year or two). If any of those schools (besides aTm) had to negotiate a new apparel deal, they would absolutely get less money than they are getting from adidas.

But, hey, keep speaking in generalities. Like "taking the adidas brand to another level". Honestly, how old are you? Because you have zero context, and you clearly have no idea what Nike has done for Miami. Both bad (the clam) and good. Yes, the last couple of years with Nike dropped off, but there are also new players in the game now (both manufacturers like Jumpman and distributors like Fanatics).

When I enrolled at UM, you could STILL purchase 1983 championship gear. Years after we won the National Championship. Today, things are different. We need an apparel provider to give our players plenty of stuff. We need an apparel provider to offer more gear for sale to the public. Neither is happening right now.

Go try to start a fight somewhere else. You are woefully unprepared to argue with me.

Advertisement
You are a pathetic little troll who is just trying to start trouble.

You are wrong. You are wrong on every count. "Shopping sources"...you are full of ****e. You have no idea what my shopping sources are, and you are simply insane about adidas selling more UM gear than Nike did. I have been buying UM gear since the mid-80s, before there was an official apparel provider and before there was an internet. The UM Bookstore, AllSports, Book Horizons, and the little-known spot inside of the Hecht Athletic Center.

As for today, go to the adidas website right now. They MAKE our gear. They list FOURTEEN items. Four are sweatshirts (way to know the geographic market, adidas). Four are SOCKS. Two are shoes, including the terrible Supernova shoe from last year (and, yes, I own a pair). Two are the PrimeBlue polos, black and orange (I own both), but they IMMEDIATELY sold out of the green and it isn't available anywhere. And I regularly order from multiple online sites, including those with brick-and-mortar stores like AllCanes and CanesWear.

As for my comments about Texas A&M, genius, it's no longer 1995. The game has changed. We are currently getting the same treatment from adidas that they give to Arizona State, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Mississippi State, North Carolina State, Nebraska, and Texas A&M. Outside of aTm, those schools are the bottom of the Power Five barrel (and don't try to cite the W-L records from the last year or two). If any of those schools (besides aTm) had to negotiate a new apparel deal, they would absolutely get less money than they are getting from adidas.

But, hey, keep speaking in generalities. Like "taking the adidas brand to another level". Honestly, how old are you? Because you have zero context, and you clearly have no idea what Nike has done for Miami. Both bad (the clam) and good. Yes, the last couple of years with Nike dropped off, but there are also new players in the game now (both manufacturers like Jumpman and distributors like Fanatics).

When I enrolled at UM, you could STILL purchase 1983 championship gear. Years after we won the National Championship. Today, things are different. We need an apparel provider to give our players plenty of stuff. We need an apparel provider to offer more gear for sale to the public. Neither is happening right now.

Go try to start a fight somewhere else. You are woefully unprepared to argue with me.
Both Nike and Adidas are mall store Chinese crap. This is like arguing which street vendor at the old orange bowl had better cat on a stick. I can't believe these two brands dominate the teen and 20 something world. They both jumped the shark decades ago. There are so many brands with better designs and quality than this crap. How'd you all get stuck in this world with blinders on and how are you gonna get yourselves out of it?

Both Nike and Adidas are mall store Chinese crap. This is like arguing which street vendor at the old orange bowl had better cat on a stick. I can't believe these two brands dominate the teen and 20 something world. They both jumped the shark decades ago. There are so many brands with better designs and quality than this crap. How'd you all get stuck in this world with blinders on and how are you gonna get yourselves out of it?

Go back and read what I wrote, versus what other people wrote. I am not touting "quality apparel" as if there is a marked advantage between adidas and Nike. Both brands produce a lot of apparel using either recycled or other synthetic fibers. And if you want to argue about "designs", feel free to do so.

The reality is, adidas and Nike are the two behemoths on the block. All the ****ing and moaning in the world isn't going to change that. So, sure, I buy the best AVAILABLE Miami gear, even if it isn't what I might have designed myself.

So let's take things back to the reality of what @Rellyrell and @SWFLHurricane have described. In its simplest form, adidas is not generating enough volume, either for our athletes or for our fans. ****, I don't even know how adidas is recouping the money it pays to UM, since I rarely have any opportunity to purchase new stuff. And, yeah, I might be a bit more selective on "quality" and "design" if there was more stuff available.

Yes, I own the Parleys. Yes, I own the PrimeBlue. It may not be perfect, but it's what's available. And I'm happy to have Sebastian and the U instead of The Clam.

as i posted earlier there is a lot more to this than the swag they sell. the shoe and to a lesser extent uniform technology is changing. if nike is making track shoes that make you run faster it stands to reason they could be doing the same thing with football shoes. but maybe i don't know what i am talking about. oh and lets not forget the $ paid to the school. in the end that the biggest factor.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back