New Miami Adidas UltraboostšŸ”„

Yeah man....and Uā€™re def right about Adidas playing w/ us, bro. Iā€™m very disappointed in their gear for the players. Too many shoes in their collection to cheat us on. The Top 10ā€™s, Yeezy line, NMDs, Nite Walkers, etc...Bro, we should be laced. Jordan schools are getting custom 5ā€™s, 1ā€™s, 4ā€™s...Nike schools are getting Pegasus, Zooms, Maxā€™s, Soldiers....we get a shoe once every other year & they are dad shoes. Lol.
Adidas hasn't even tried to hook us up. Plain shirts, plain shoes, nothing.... **** at least let us customize it so we can make our own...disappointing

Advertisement
Adidas hasn't even tried to hook us up. Plain shirts, plain shoes, nothing.... **** at least let us customize it so we can make our own...disappointing
Thought I was the only one that thought that. Some of the exclusive shirts they give to the players only is pretty cool but outside of that itā€™s pretty plain and boring. The fan gear is trash and plain and the same every year.

I donā€™t get too much into the designers but you make good points. I think the overall point is when Nike is focused, thatā€™s a rap. Adidas crept up bc Nike got fat and lazy. I donā€™t get the FOG designs, tbh.

converse is an interesting one. I used to be a Jack Purcell fan and converse used to do really
Neat color ways/styles with that shoe and even chucks but then they just stopped, it seems. I think the chucks, etc is such an iconic shoe that there is so much potential.

People sleep on NBs (997/327/etc) but I really dig the collabs they have with designers. Iā€™m also an ASICS gel lyte iii fan - what a great shoe with amazing color ways.

Yeah, Iā€™m really in to Converse man. Being from L.A, thatā€™s our shoe. Chuck Taylors, all day. I really like what they are doing, and I REALLY like the comeback NB is trying to make. They are getting into the fashion lane. Their b-ball shoes still suck, lol, but their life style shoes are making a nice impression.

And Uā€™re right, Nike became content & rest on their laurels. Sometimes, competition is the best motivator. When u donā€™t see anyone in ur rear view, u become complacent, and thatā€™s exactly what happened to Nike. Competition is always a good thing. Same w/ us...upper classmen knew their spots were locked b/c lack of competition. WWE became a watered program once NWA & WCW folded. Adidas was no comp for Nike, no one was, to the point that Nike sent one of its worst reps to make a slam dunk pitch to Steph, a kid who ONLY wore Nikes his entire life, and tricked it off....still thinking b/c theyā€™re Nike, it would fly.

All Adidas did was wake up a beast, but once King stepped down, which I still donā€™t know why...maybe b/c of the FBI investigations, I dunno; regardless, once he stepped down, that focus & formula left, to the point they lost their stranglehold in Germany.

Anyways, they rep us & I just want better from their catalog. I feel like that started off hella fast w us, but couldnā€™t keep up the momentum. That Parley chit is trash, bro. Like for real, trash. The Space Hippies not only uses more sustainable recycled material than Parley, but they are better designed & more comfortable. I want better...itā€™s been 7 yrs & weā€™ve become stale w/ what the fans & players get.

Advertisement
Yeah, Iā€™m really in to Converse man. Being from L.A, thatā€™s our shoe. Chuck Taylors, all day. I really like what they are doing, and I REALLY like the comeback NB is trying to make. They are getting into the fashion lane. Their b-ball shoes still suck, lol, but their life style shoes are making a nice impression.

And Uā€™re right, Nike became content & rest on their laurels. Sometimes, competition is the best motivator. When u donā€™t see anyone in ur rear view, u become complacent, and thatā€™s exactly what happened to Nike. Competition is always a good thing. Same w/ us...upper classmen knew their spots were locked b/c lack of competition. WWE became a watered program once NWA & WCW folded. Adidas was no comp for Nike, no one was, to the point that Nike sent one of its worst reps to make a slam dunk pitch to Steph, a kid who ONLY wore Nikes his entire life, and tricked it off....still thinking b/c theyā€™re Nike, it would fly.

All Adidas did was wake up a beast, but once King stepped down, which I still donā€™t know why...maybe b/c of the FBI investigations, I dunno; regardless, once he stepped down, that focus & formula left, to the point they lost their stranglehold in Germany.

Anyways, they rep us & I just want better from their catalog. I feel like that started off hella fast w us, but couldnā€™t keep up the momentum. That Parley chit is trash, bro. Like for real, trash. The Space Hippies not only uses more sustainable recycled material than Parley, but they are better designed & more comfortable. I want better...itā€™s been 7 yrs & weā€™ve become stale w/ what the fans & players get.

agree on NB. I think NB is victim to being too mainstream (Jcrew) but some of their designs/color ways are lights out. Todd Snyder had some collabs some time ago that were fantastic.

Thought I was the only one that thought that. Some of the exclusive shirts they give to the players only is pretty cool but outside of that itā€™s pretty plain and boring. The fan gear is trash and plain and the same every year.
All addias has to do is try a little bit...just a little and they would kill it. Its sickening seeing fspoo and gaytors getting nice gear....seeing it everywhere...

ADDDDIDAS AT LEAST TEAM UP WITH DYME LYFE!!! OR ANYBODY FOR GODS SAKE

I started wearing Chucks in 74....combined with Puma Clyde's...those were my go too's moving onward...I'm 60yrs old..and still a Sneaker head...Lol....GF is completely over it....Lol

I started wearing Chucks in 74....combined with Puma Clyde's...those were my go too's moving onward...I'm 60yrs old..and still a Sneaker head...Lol....GF is completely over it....Lol

Man, I have so many shoes bro. Lotta them were hook ups when my boy was an intern at Nike before becoming full time employee. They used to have him come to different campuses rocking concept shoes, some were released, while others remained concepts. But I have a grrrrrrrip of Chucks, bro. Imma big Converse fan, so when Nike took over them, well....match made in heaven. But a lot of the shoes I have are dead stock originals....so when I wore The Flints Jā€™s before they were re-released, everybody thought I had a bot. Lol. I was like these are the original joints. I believe in taking care of shoes, so whether they are original or re-releases, all of my shoes look new, including the bottoms. Lol.

Advertisement
Man, I have so many shoes bro. Lotta them were hook ups when my boy was an intern at Nike before becoming full time employee. They used to have him come to different campuses rocking concept shoes, some were released, while others remained concepts. But I have a grrrrrrrip of Chucks, bro. Imma big Converse fan, so when Nike took over them, well....match made in heaven. But a lot of the shoes I have are dead stock originals....so when I wore The Flints Jā€™s before they were re-released, everybody thought I had a bot. Lol. I was like these are the original joints. I believe in taking care of shoes, so whether they are original or re-releases, all of my shoes look new, including the bottoms. Lol.
Cot **** Rell...you sound like a younger me....Lol...

Cot **** Rell...you sound like a younger me....Lol...

Yeah man, we are. And women donā€™t know the real passion of being a sneaker head. Ex used to be like ā€˜y u buying these??? U have the same shoe at home already! ā€œ In my head I would be like ā€œbytch, clearly this is a different color than the other ones...or bytch, clearly these have different color stitching....ā€ but what came out my mouth was, ā€œwell sweetheart, if u see the.....naw, f that; maā€™am, itā€™s my money, and yes Iā€™m buying these.ā€ Lol.

Advertisement
I'm sure @Rellyrell already knows this, but I didn't realize that Nike/adidas/Under Armour were all pulling out of most non-branded stores.

Because of the pandemic, I haven't been going to Foot Locker or ****'s Sporting Goods. But recently, I had an Amazon return that I took to a Kohls. They give you a 25% off Kohls coupon when you do an Amazon return, so as I was walking out of the store, I swung through the socks/shoes section to see if there was anything worth a purchase, and I was shocked by the reduction in the adidas and Nike inventory (as well as lots of empty shelves in the shoe section generally).

I guess that we're all going to have to buy our stuff direct from the manufacturer online, or else at Nike/adidas/Under Armour stores. So we're all going to have to hope those shoes fit...

Adidas is like those pencils u could never sharpen and they broke everytime. Nike is like the BIC number two pencils that could survive a nuclear holocaust.......they stay sharp and never break. Unless your Zion he's the only master that broke it.

Far from the truth

Advertisement
I'm sure @Rellyrell already knows this, but I didn't realize that Nike/adidas/Under Armour were all pulling out of most non-branded stores.

Because of the pandemic, I haven't been going to Foot Locker or ****'s Sporting Goods. But recently, I had an Amazon return that I took to a Kohls. They give you a 25% off Kohls coupon when you do an Amazon return, so as I was walking out of the store, I swung through the socks/shoes section to see if there was anything worth a purchase, and I was shocked by the reduction in the adidas and Nike inventory (as well as lots of empty shelves in the shoe section generally).

I guess that we're all going to have to buy our stuff direct from the manufacturer online, or else at Nike/adidas/Under Armour stores. So we're all going to have to hope those shoes fit...

You r absolutely right, bro.

Got on some Converse Fastbreak Mids right now. Real heads know.

I've probably got 350 pairs of kicks. Rent a storage unit, etc. Never counted but people always ask me, so I might tally them up one day.

Advertisement
Back