New interest @RB..

MdCanesFan

OVERLORD
According to TOS (ITU) Coach Scott made a stop to Garner, NC to talk to a kid named Nyheim Hines, 4-Star APB/ATH. No offer being reported yet but this is new interest. Plus the kids film (Hudl 'Jr season') looks ridiculous and he has a good offer list..

Thoughts?

http://247sports.com/Player/Nyheim-Hines-32688 (Look at his TL)

Advertisement
I think we need more running backs that are better running in between lineman than outside in space. This kid really is Dexter Williams farther up north.

I wish some of our south Florida kids played in some of these areas of the country. Just imagine the types of numbers they would put up.

As far as Hines is concerned he is ok but I think our top 4 on our board are much better even though they may be rated lower.

I wouldn't compare Hines to Dexter Williams at all. Seems more like an all-purpose alternative to in-state recruits Ray-Ray McCloud and Jaylin Hayward.

Possible movable chess piece who can threaten defenses from multiple spots along the formation. whether he's lined up in the backfield or in the slot. Dynamic talent.

[video=youtube;EdOT6yd6E6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdOT6yd6E6c[/video]

Advertisement
I graduated from Garner; I was really hoping we would go after this kid. I remember watching him as a sophomore at WR/DB; he was a beast then. His Jr year they moved him to RB/DB. He was a one man wrecking crew all year; seriously Garner didn't really have any other weapons besides him last year, and teams still COULD NOT STOP him.

He put up video game numbers all year; Im curious what his season stats were. I know he ran back numerous kickoffs and punts back, seems like he averaged about 4 or 5 touchdowns a game. He has game breaking speed that's for sure. Kid is straight filthy, not huge or really powerful, but just a straight playmaker. He will end up being one of the top players in the state(if he isn't not already), regardless of position.

2013: Hines finished his junior season with 3,140 yards rushing and 49 touchdowns and 600 yards receiving and nine touchdowns.

I would even go as far as saying IMO he is one of the top RBs/ATH in the entire country.

Do want, and so do many other schools.

i dont but the hype. 1)he seems like he is just faster then everyone 2) his Oline is very good, he doesn't even gets touched until he is already 10 yrd down field 3)i have mixed views on very long highlight tapes looking at the teams he played none of them have a big time d1 prospect on them.

Advertisement
Do we have room for Cronkrite, Williams and Patrick?

The coaches would take a hard look at taking 3 but who ever the third one is will take one of the 2-3 spots that are reserved for their elite prospects. Problem is that could turn into a RB competing with a CB or WR for that last

Advertisement
i dont but the hype. 1)he seems like he is just faster then everyone 2) his Oline is very good, he doesn't even gets touched until he is already 10 yrd down field 3)i have mixed views on very long highlight tapes looking at the teams he played none of them have a big time d1 prospect on them.

1.) one of his best qualities, I agree.
2.) centrals oline was beast, Yearby and cook were scrubs.......good running backs can make it looks easy.
3.) he plays 4a, which is the highest level in nc, played against berrios numerous times. Not top notch comp by any means, but not 1a either.
--how do you know all those teams didn't have d1 prospects? Would you prefer a shorter highlight real?
--his offer list is as good as any

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back