New Hiring idea.

DC1986

ALL lives matter. Back the Blue!
Banned
All the crying and *****ing about wanting to fire our coach, who won 10 games a year in the SEC, after only 7 games got me to thinking. Maybe the you guys are onto something. How about instead of hiring coaches to multi year contracts maybe we should just hire them on a game by game basis and pay them by the hour. You lose one game, and your fired. Next man up. Offensive line misses blocks, fire the OL coach immediately after the game. If the line gives up a sack then fire the coach on the spot. If it's an away game then he can take a taxi home. Wr or RB drops a pass or fumbles, fire the coach right then. I think you guys could be right . No need to wait until a coach has a chance to get his players and implement his system. You get one game. Your performance at other schools doesn't matter. We have to have immediate results. Does that sound fair to any of you ? Maybe there is another approach. Maybe we should try to have some patience and realize that we have been terrible for **** near 15 years and all of our problems won't go away overnight. Richt will bring us back to being relevant again but it won't happen tomorrow or the next day. I hope that we win tomorrow or this board may burst into flames.

Last edited:
Advertisement
All the crying and *****ing about wanting to fire our coach, who won 10 games a year in the SEC, after only 7 games got me to thinking. Maybe the you guys are onto something. How about instead of hiring coaches to multi year contracts maybe we should just hire them on a game by game basis and pay them by the hour. You lose one game, and your fired. Next man up. Offensive line misses blocks, fire the OL coach immediately after the game. If the line gives up a sack then fire the coach on the spot. If it's an away game then he can take a taxi home. Wr or RB drops a pass or fumbles, fire the coach right then. I think you guys could be right . No need to wait until a coach has a chance to get his players and implement his system. You get one game. Your performance at other schools doesn't matter. We have to have immediate results. Does that sound fair to any of you ? Maybe there is another approach. Maybe we should try to have some patience and realize that we have been terrible for **** near 15 years and all of our problems won't go away overnight. Richt will bring us back to being relevant again but it won't happen tomorrow or the next day. I hope that we win tomorrow or this board may burst into flames.

Has their even been posts to fire the HC? Or do you mean the oc?

I have seen many that want to bring Butch back and other names were mentioned as well. It's only been 7 games...lol

I don't understand how someone could watch the offense the last four games and think that Richt isn't an issue.

I mean, what could you be watching? The play calling has been AWFUL. Does anyone really think that it hasn't?

I don't understand how someone could watch the offense the last four games and think that Richt isn't an issue.

I mean, what could you be watching? The play calling has been AWFUL. Does anyone really think that it hasn't?

When the line blocks and the RB's have holes to consistently run through, when the receivers catch the catchable passes, when a TE and WR don't fall down in the open field untouched on what should be easy TD's, when Kaaya consistently has time to throw without getting a concussion or his molar knocked out or being sacked 8 times a game, when we can covert a 3rd and 3 with a RB because of our OL push, and we are still losing then I will blame the play calling. Understand ?

Last edited:
Advertisement

****** logic states: It's impossible to judge a coach based on what he does during games until a certain number of years elapses. During the first year, in particular, coaches are infallible (unless they coach at a different program and then everything they do is put under a microscope).

****** logic further dictates that retards must constantly create straw men to attack by inventing a false narrative that a large faction of fans wants the HC fired after 7 games.

Retards will effort to take a condescending tone with anyone who has the audacity to critique any aspect of the offensive or defensive coaching to receive e-pats on the back from similarly situated retards of like vacant minds.

Retards are further mandated to attack every player on the team mercilessly and then have the audacity to turn around and make posts about how being critical toward the coaching has a deleterious impact on recruiting.

When the line blocks and the RB's have holes to consistently run through, when the receivers catch the catchable passes, when a TE and WR don't fall down in the open field untouched on what should be easy TD's, when Kaaya consistently has time to throw without getting a concussion or his molar knocked out or being sacked 8 times a game, when we can covert a 3rd and 3 with a RB because of our OL push, and we are still losing then I will blame the play calling. Understand ?

So you're saying that even if the play calls are bad, if the players make up for the bad play calls, it's not Richt's fault?

Is that what you're saying?

So you're saying that even if the play calls are bad, if the players make up for the bad play calls, it's not Richt's fault?

I have seen a few problems with the play calling like some routes that need to be adjusted. Is that on Richt or can Kaaya make that change at the line? We don't have all the info. To answer your question- If Kaaya has time to throw and throws a pass to a WR who catches the ball and doesn't fall down untouched and we win- then I don't see how I can blame Richt. Would you still be mad if we scored because you didn't like the play call ?

Last edited:
Advertisement
All the crying and *****ing about wanting to fire our coach....We have to have immediate results. Does that sound fair to any of you ? Maybe there is another approach. Maybe we should

Yes, visit the VT-Pitt thread.

There are a lot more than that. They started after FSU and continued after UNC and VT.

The play calling has been calibrated on the team's strengths and weaknesses. Not only during the game, but going back to game planning and opponent's strengths and weaknesses. No two games between two opponents, and their preceding and subsequent opponents are the same. Meaning, every game is different. Sometimes, just sometimes, you just don't have the right pieces in place (Talent not matching coaching philosophy, attrition, lack of depth, injuries, players not buying the coaching, etc., in which case, you make do with what you got.

We can second guess Richt all day, but he's a successful professional at what he does. I'll bet my money on him than anyone's opinion bellowing here.

The play calling has been calibrated on the team's strengths and weaknesses. Not only during the game, but going back to game planning and opponent's strengths and weaknesses. No two games between two opponents, and their preceding and subsequent opponents are the same. Meaning, every game is different. Sometimes, just sometimes, you just don't have the right pieces in place (Talent not matching coaching philosophy, attrition, lack of depth, injuries, players not buying the coaching, etc., in which case, you make do with what you got.

We can second guess Richt all day, but he's a successful professional at what he does. I'll bet my money on him than anyone's opinion bellowing here.

So Richt calling three straight all verticals vs a blitzing defense with a horrible OL is excused because he's been successful in the past?

Gotcha.

I'm not gonna criticize Richt this early in his tenure at Miami.

Make Miami Great Again! Butch Davis 2017.

Advertisement
For the 1,000th time, players play and execute, not the coaches. We have an average, at best starting QB and a below average OL...

I have seen a few problems with the play calling like some routes that need to be adjusted. Is that on Richt or can Kaaya make that change at the line? We don't have all the info. To answer your question- If Kaaya has time to throw and throws a pass to a WR who catches the ball and doesn't fall down untouched and we win- then I don't see how I can blame Richt. Would you still be mad if we scored because you didn't like the play call ?
We can pick out any single play and blame it on any player. The lack of cohesion in every aspect of the offense is on Richt. Running long developing routes when you know the OL weakness is in Richt. We saw the same things for 4 plus years under No D. Blaming players while they continue to run the same thing over and over. My problem with Richt is we are running the same things that don't seem to be working. We need to stop running the hurry up and huddle up. The Dolphins were trying the same thing and having the same problems.

Stop asking players to do things they are struggling at executing. That's his fault.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

No a first year coach can get lucky and have talent do nothing as coach and still win the NC (See Coker). Even excellent HCs (Except Meyer at OSU) **** even Harbaugh had 1 of worst losses in college football history when the punter couldn't get rid of it as time expired. Then he had another terrible performance against OSU at the end of the season.

Everyone has high expectations especially when you are close to your breaking point as a fan. I don't want these players using The "U" sign as some sort of entitlement. What have they done as a group to be remotely affiliated with Miami history? I don't want Rick using it either until he produces a winning product on the field.

Bottom line is it talent, coaching or both? I also feel that the offense play calling has been abysmal. However I feel that we lack depth and the talent on the OL translates to a high school Division 2 level.

What I am concerned about is did Rick hire his Bible Belt cronies to coach with him? Sure you want to surround yourself with your people ane I am also a believer in the Bible. However that doesn't mean I want my prest or reverend as my OC and DC! It's a business and unfortunately many coaches still take it personal.

Tell you what let's see this team even win a decent bowl game then we can talk about throwing up The U. That sign hasn't been relevant going back their last home win vs FSU 2004. These FSU buddies who just call you to keep talking about how they "own us". When you know the look of FSU fans it makes even more ad nauseam. 2004 man that is just unreal when thinking about this is any other rivalry that one sided? Maybe OSU's dominance over Mich.

No home wins over your in state rival in 12 years pretty much sums the misery as fans, players and institution over the past 12 years. We haven't had 1 positive to bring into next season in how long? Positive when correlated to results on the field. That is all that matters just tired of talk. Produce!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back