New Head Coach

kanin81

Recruit
Premium
Is Dimare a lock to be head coach or do we have any hope of an actual head coaching search?

Advertisement
Is Dimare a lock to be head coach or do we have any hope of an actual head coaching search?

He was named Head Coach in Waiting in 2015 and his dad is a huge booster and former Chairman of the Board of Trustees, with something I can't remember named after him. He's an alum and has been the hitting coach for a total of about 14 years (he took a leave to spend time with his family I believe from around 2008 to 2012).

He's probably got a minimum of five years at The U barring epic disaster, which we're basically at now.

What most people don't understand is there are many factors at work that are hurting the program that the staff can't do too much about now. At the same time, there's no reason on earth Miami shouldn't be consistently good at baseball. I'm wondering if Morris is stifling Gino or if Gino is part of the problem.

The only way Dimare doesn't become the HC is if someone steps up and commits to the program financially. If someone like A-Rod makes it obvious that they want to get someone with actual head coaching experience, and are willing to pay for that to happen, I believe Blake would act accordingly. This is the downside of having a small donor pool, big boosters hold far more power, due to the fact that you can't really replace them if they walk.

Advertisement
Well hopefullly, Dimare brings us out of the stone ages and stop bunting with first and second and no one out. Jeez.

I'm assuming Artega is staying as well?

Advertisement
Back