NFL New Fins mock draft!! And free agency plan

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
@DMoney I’m conceding defeat

1- Terrance Marshall WR LSu

He’s gonna rise tremendously but he’s the modern day WR. 6’3 vertical threat with speed and he’s torching the SEC without a QB.

1- Trevon Moehrig S TCU

Just go look the kid up. He’s the dynamic safety we’re missing, would allow Bobby to move back to Nickel, and allow Eric to take more of a run support role. Every unit has studs on D but the one that’s missing is safety and he has the look of a Reshad Jones type stud.

2- Charles Snowden LB/Edge UVA

Need some more depth here. Van Ginkel, Van Noy, and Lawson can play but Lawson isn’t the impact guy we thought he would be. He’s probably going to test out of this world and begin to rise just like Marshall.

2- Najee Harris RB Bama

Love Ahmed and looks like he’s a do it all but Najee is a bell cow. Etienne wouldn’t be a fit here because he likes to get to the corners. North and south runners are probably what they’re looking for. Just look at what Damien Harris is doing for the Pats.

3- Marvin Wilson DT FSU

Yea, I know “boooo”. Here’s the thing though. We either need to pay Godcheaux some money or draft his replacement. Davis has done more than enough but he seems limited to being a rotation guy. Plus Marvin has a pretty good ceiling. He could definitely be more than just a run stopper.

4- Amari Rodgers WR Clemson

He’s a bulky, gritty WR that can make a play and that’s the type of dude that Flores targets. He come in right away and compete and snag 20 balls.

6- Trey Hill C UGA

Karras is a fringe starter and we need to get better here. Maybe Jesse Davis can learn to snap but that is an answer we’ll find out later.

6- Whop Phiylor WR IU

Add more depth at a position that’s a premium.

7- Jeremiah Moon

See above

Free agency plan:

- Move on from Preston Williams

Some how and some way. He’s inconsistent when it comes to catching and he always hurt. He’s talented but not talented enough to always wonder if he’s ever going to be off IR

- Sign Leonard Williams

We have a bit of depth so even if this didn’t work out we could survive. He’s the immediate pass rushing element that’ll make this D elite.

- Take a flyer on Alex Mack

It’s putting gum on a hole because of his age but let him teach somebody how to play center.

Advertisement
I would love Rodgers. He is smart and is a RB after the catch

Looks like we might be picking high. Chase is not unrealistic if there is a QB run at the top.

Looks like we might be picking high. Chase is not unrealistic if there is a QB run at the top.
It really doesn’t have to do with that but more of Marshall rising. He’s probably going to be a 6’3 WR, running 4.4, with an unreal catch radius. That in itself is going to put him over Jamar Chase. I also don’t think we pick before the Bengals and they would probably take him.

I probably put priority on a rush end over receiver, but I'm waffling more and more. I'd really like Jaylen Waddle.

I have sought The Pope's intercession for Texans' losses.

I probably put priority on a rush end over receiver, but I'm waffling more and more. I'd really like Jaylen Waddle.

I have sought The Pope's intercession for Texans' losses.
I think adding a threat on the interior improves the entire unit hence why I said sign Leonard Williams. That performance today vs the Chargers was pathetic when it came to the WR/TE unit. It did nothing to help Tua and I’m starting to feel that we need to draft our own dynamic threat. The market for edge guys this year is going to be pretty good too.

Advertisement

Btw we could also do

1- GR15
1- Terrance Marshall
2- Andre Cisco S Syracuse
2- Najee Harris
3- Marvin Wilson
4- Amari Rodgers
6- Trey Hill
6- Whop Philyor
7- Jeremiah Moon

^ I would honestly prefer this one

I like a lot of those names. Rousseau could eat early in the Van Ginkel role.

A lb I would like in this defence is Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah from Norte Dame. played safety before moving to lb

A lb I would like in this defence is Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah from Norte Dame. played safety before moving to lb
Problem is that I wouldn’t be that much of a priority. We don’t have depth there but the starters are stout. Roberts, Baker, and Van Noy have been absolutely awesome for us.

Advertisement
the recent history of WR value in the second and third round would still really concern me when it comes to taking chase or marshall inside the top 7. imo you have to be convinced the guy is a julio jones, andre johnson level talent to go that high... marshall seems closer but that would be an immense rise in his draft stock. if either of them end up more like corey davis or mike williams that's a waste of a pick. when guys like juju, chris godwin, kenny golladay, courtland sutton, dj chark, deebo samuel, AJ brown, dk metcalf, terry mclaurin, chase claypool have all been drafted outside of the first round in the last 3 drafts i think the dolphins have to think really hard about the value of taking a WR in the top 10. even ruggs, jeudy and lamb were all taken outside the top 10 last year... that feels more appropriate to me in terms of receivers starting to come off the board.

i like the rousseau idea a lot more, i think he makes too much sense for the dolphins. flores' system isn't about bendy speed rushers to begin with... rousseau should be able to control the line of scrimmage with his length/strength and has already shown the ability to rush the passer from the inside. if he never develops elite pass rusher moves he could still be very effective in this system, it just seems like a really good fit to me.

i also think given how much flores' system relies on good CB play, and given xavien's injury history, that surtain III or farley wouldn't be bad ideas. neither would need to play much in year 1 either which would be good, the recent history of top 10 CBs in year 1 isn't that great.

if there's an early run on QBs and for some reason penei sewell drops to the dolphins, you have to consider taking him and putting him on tua's blindside and moving hunt to G -- seems fairly unlikely but if the texans keep losing it's not out of the question.

from there you would still have three more picks inside the top 50 where you could really target the offensive skill positions, and that's prob more where you want to be looking at taking WRs and RBs anyway

WR drafted inside the top 10 since 2010

corey davis (5)
mike williams (7)
john ross (9)
amari cooper (4)
kevin white (7)
sammy watkins (4)
mike evans (7)
tavon austin (8)
justin blackmon (5)
a.j. green (4)
julio jones (6)

it's a bit of a scary list especially the further we get from a.j. and julio

I agree 100% with @Zbrod95's assessment of Najee Harris over Etienne and also with the need for a center. Karras was responsible for 7 opponents points yesterday.

I'd also like to see Rousseau in aqua and orange.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back