New Fan Observation (non-emotional)

Nick Saban wasn't about to walk into this cesspool that was left by Golden and D'Not and create a miracle. There was division between players and it showed last year. Richt has seemed to bring unity within the players at least. It is a brand new defense and a brand new offense that these players didn't have last year. They and the coaches are adjusting to each other. If Richt goes 11-1, he deserves coach of the year. If he goes 10-2, he will have surpassed my expectations. JMO.

Advertisement
I like Coach Richt I'm not gonna call for his head but just ask that he uses it. 1st and 20 across the 50 yard line he runs and on 2nd and 18 he runs. Give your freaking offense a chance!!!

It's just insane to think that the ONE sure things about this team coming into the year (Richt + Kaaya) is our biggest weakness

Full disclosure, Dawg fan all my life, lived in Athens and Atlanta.

Defense was lights out, loved the fast, aggressive style of play, no complaints. Blown coverages will get addressed, not worried.

Offense struggled, looked like we were hampered by OL not being able to run block consistently and pass protection at times was suspect.

Quarterback play was inconsistent, he had some great throws, some good throws and some bad throws. Brad didn't look comfortable in the pocket, seemed to have happy feet at times and rushed some of his throws. I'm thinking getting hit in the head had an impact on him rest of the game.

Receiver play was at times great and other times very poor. Way too many dropped balls which impacted play calling.

OC play calling was good, not great. Have to question running the ball on 1st and 20. I expected better and think it will get better against UNC.

For the fans already calling for CMR's head, wait till you have a full body of work before calling for the banners. I'm very excited for the remaining games and think we have a great shot at 10-2. VT may be our only other loss, hope we win the Coastal.

My first post, let the initiation, down voting commence.

One of the most sensical and concise posts in awhile actually quite spot on. That was what I saw too. I blame the Line for Kaayas happy feet but that's all I would add. Brad can't get comfortable behind this line and he panics.great to have you aboard!

in my layman's opinion the O line lost us the game. there was no running room whatsoever. O line must get better in order run the ball well enough to sustain long drives. we have become way to reliant on the big play over the last few years.

Advertisement

Defense was lights out, loved the fast, aggressive style of play, no complaints. Blown coverages will get addressed, not worried.

Offense struggled, looked like we were hampered by OL not being able to run block consistently and pass protection at times was suspect.

Quarterback play was inconsistent, he had some great throws, some good throws and some bad throws. Brad didn't look comfortable in the pocket, seemed to have happy feet at times and rushed some of his throws. I'm thinking getting hit in the head had an impact on him rest of the game.

Receiver play was at times great and other times very poor. Way too many dropped balls which impacted play calling.

OC play calling was good, not great. Have to question running the ball on 1st and 20. I expected better and think it will get better against UNC.

For the fans already calling for CMR's head, wait till you have a full body of work before calling for the banners. I'm very excited for the remaining games and think we have a great shot at 10-2. VT may be our only other loss, hope we win the Coastal.

Solid post, but dead wrong at the bolded underlined part. It was horrific, especially for that D.

Converted Canes fan. My wife was shocked yesterday I didn't watch the GA vs USCjr game yesterday, spent the day with her piling up hubby points. Miami will win a NC before GA does. The rest of my family are nole fanatics so I'm now the black sheep of the family, fits me well.

Thanks for the up votes. Go Canes!

Good enough, is good enough.

Now you can come sit with the rest of us.

It was his 4th game. Richt has already did amazing things in such a short period of time.

My favorite, hiring Diaz!

I try to never judge a coach too hard in his first year. 3 years is the norm to turn a program around. You usually start seeing vast improvements in the second year and so on.

We've already seen a ton of improvement from last year and we will only get better.

The offense will come around

And the D will be dynasty level by year 3

Very impressed with Diaz/Kool

Advertisement
after being in the game i had to re watch to see what went wrong. the biggest thing that stood out to me was this:

on the drive right before the half brax ha a drop on a slant. went deep to stacey tough catch but it did hit his hands on 3rd and 6 a run play was called. eventually kicked the fg

first drive out of the half the 3 plays before the huge INT by kaaya. 1st play was the slant to coley that got us inside the 15. next pay offsides by coley that killed our tempo and let them switch players and get set up with time. next play screen to richards he drops it. next play was the INT which was a horrible throw but richards didn't even try to prevent it push the corner do something. after the pic they scored and it went dow hill from there. even tho the pat should've been made. just hurt cause we gave this game away once again

Good thoughs OP.

One point I may disagree with, I WISH Brad had happy feet. It'd be great to see him run (for even 3 or 4 yds) if he doesn't see anything.

Advertisement
Good post OP, welcome to the fam! I was hoping that we start getting some more positive posts in the next few days. It was embarrassing hearing SOME of our fan base calling for a coaching change after 1 loss smh. We really should be rallying around our players right now and getting them fired up to win the Coastal instead of trying to bash them on every little thing. I saw a whole lot of positives in the FSU game.....No excuses for the loss but the sky isn't falling either. At the end of the day we will continue to have hiccups until we get our O-line problems fixed and add some quality depth to the team.

Canes 4 Life!!

two loses can't win the coastal.... Especially with VAt tech's chicken sht schedule...

Correct.

Canes must run ACCCD table to even snif ACCCD title and ACCCG appearance.

NC State very likely a must win at this point as well.

Welcome!

How did you feel about Ricks playcalling at GA, way back when?

Advertisement
He picked up where he left off from FSU in the beginning. Richt's teams won two Southeastern Conference (SEC) championships (2002 and 2005), six SEC Eastern Division titles (2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011 and 2012). He gave up play calling late 2006, some heavy speculation that the AD forced him to so he could concentrate more on being the CEO of the team. Mike Bobo struggled for a few years after that but then got his mojo going with Aaron Murray and crew for a few years.

Bottom line for me is the stats don't lie. In his seven years as OC with fsu they ranked in the nation’s top five scoring offenses for five seasons, they were top twelve in total offense for five seasons, and top twelve in passing offense for five seasons. Richt coached two Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks and coached a total of six quarterbacks to the NFL. They won the NC in 1999 with him calling plays. His play calling at GA he won two SEC championships, and six division titles.

He hasn't forgotten how to call plays, he just needs better offensive talent than we currently have, mainly a stronger OL unit.

Well, I didn't see the game due to Hurricane Matthew & power outage. Only found one bar in Daytona area with TV reception and there was a 3-hour wait to get in. However, I did not anticipate that we would win and am pleased we only lost by 1 point. Just got power & cable TV back on around 7PM tonite and will look forward to NC game. Am disappointed at so much criticism but attribute that to our bandwagon fans. Hey, we are only one year post Golden/Dorito and Richt can only do so much with what he has.

Advertisement
Back