New Fan Observation (non-emotional)

D

deleted13935

Full disclosure, Dawg fan all my life, lived in Athens and Atlanta.

Defense was lights out, loved the fast, aggressive style of play, no complaints. Blown coverages will get addressed, not worried.

Offense struggled, looked like we were hampered by OL not being able to run block consistently and pass protection at times was suspect.

Quarterback play was inconsistent, he had some great throws, some good throws and some bad throws. Brad didn't look comfortable in the pocket, seemed to have happy feet at times and rushed some of his throws. I'm thinking getting hit in the head had an impact on him rest of the game.

Receiver play was at times great and other times very poor. Way too many dropped balls which impacted play calling.

OC play calling was good, not great. Have to question running the ball on 1st and 20. I expected better and think it will get better against UNC.

For the fans already calling for CMR's head, wait till you have a full body of work before calling for the banners. I'm very excited for the remaining games and think we have a great shot at 10-2. VT may be our only other loss, hope we win the Coastal.

My first post, let the initiation, down voting commence.

Advertisement
One of the more reasonable posts I've seen. Let's just say we expected more from young Mr. Kaaya.

Your analysis is a bit too objective and non-emotional. Not enough emotion/subjectivity. Need to spew a little more venom next time.

Defense was lights out, loved the fast, aggressive style of play, no complaints. Blown coverages will get addressed, not worried.

Offense struggled, looked like we were hampered by OL not being able to run block consistently and pass protection at times was suspect.

Quarterback play was inconsistent, he had some great throws, some good throws and some bad throws. Brad didn't look comfortable in the pocket, seemed to have happy feet at times and rushed some of his throws. I'm thinking getting hit in the head had an impact on him rest of the game.

Receiver play was at times great and other times very poor. Way too many dropped balls which impacted play calling.

OC play calling was good, not great. Have to question running the ball on 1st and 20. I expected better and think it will get better against UNC.

For the fans already calling for CMR's head, wait till you have a full body of work before calling for the banners. I'm very excited for the remaining games and think we have a great shot at 10-2. VT may be our only other loss, hope we win the Coastal.

Not bad at all bro. Although I disagree with us losing to Va Tech. Next week is our most important game remaining on the schedule. Especially coming off an emotional loss! Need to make a statement. If we respond correctly next week, we will smash Va Tech the following week! And oh yes... I will be in Blacksburg to witness it! Who wit me 🙌🏿

Very good post!

Criticism is warranted, but jumping ship is dishonorable at this point.

Would love to hear what Butvh Davis has to say on the College Football Live (?) ESPN show he works on with Vilma. He hasn't been mincing his words at all this season, and is the only on-air talking head that has called out Golden by name for his approach to coaching the Canes in the way he did.

Advertisement
Hard to argue with any of this. I have a concern for run play creativity. We seem to have about 5 run plays that we use and just change the formation we run them out of. Can we also run some crossing patterns?

two loses can't win the coastal.... Especially with VAt tech's chicken sht schedule...

I agree. Solid first post.

Kaaya looks like he's trying too hard to live up to expectations. After his freshman year I thought he'd be up for Heisman consideration by his junior year. After his sophomore year I was starting to worry about him. I think the pressure is getting to him and that's not a good sign for a QB.

I think things will get better after a year of recruiting. Richt has proven he'll play freshmen if needed.

Defense looks promising. We need depth, but the 1's look solid so far.

Solid first post. I love how it started with, "Dawg fan all of my life." But by the time it ended, you were using a whole lot of "we" and "our" in regards to the Canes. Did I literally just witness you convert to a Canes fan while writing this post? If so, welcome aboard friend! Be sure to stop by the Blue Lot Saturday for your full initiation into the dark side.

Advertisement
I agree. Solid first post.

Kaaya looks like he's trying too hard to live up to expectations. After his freshman year I thought he'd be up for Heisman consideration by his junior year. After his sophomore year I was starting to worry about him. I think the pressure is getting to him and that's not a good sign for a QB.

I think things will get better after a year of recruiting. Richt has proven he'll play freshmen if needed.

Defense looks promising. We need depth, but the 1's look solid so far.

Excellent point about the pressure on Kaaya, I raised my eyebrow when he said prior to the bye that he was going to have a beer because being the QB at Miami is tough or something to that nature. IMO that was in response to the criticism he had faced after a sub-par start to the season.

Don't forget running on 2nd and 19 the very next play. Not sure if that was an RPO play or not but if it was it shouldn't have been. That is clearly a passing down and not sure that attempting to catch them off guard with a run is the right play in that situation.

Good first post!!

I agree with you... the loss hurt a lot. I understand why people on here are very emotional about it.

Our Defense is really promising! We started 3 freshman LB, our DB's were supposed to be horrible this year and nobody expected our DLine to be that good. We play fast and aggressive and held the best RB in the country in check... with three true freshman LB's. Cooks TD catch was a bad coverage paired with the LB stumbling.

I also got the feel that our Oline is the main issue for our offense. Kaaya didn't play great... but it seems (or I hope) that the play calling is very limited due to the Oline and their issues with pass protection.

Loss still hurts, but let's get excited for the next conference game and the chance to win the Coastal. UNC and VT will be tough games for our VERY thin roster. People underestimate the missing depth this roster has.

No excuse for losing to this other team last Saturday, but also no reason to call for Richts head

Advertisement
Hard to argue with any of this. I have a concern for run play creativity. We seem to have about 5 run plays that we use and just change the formation we run them out of. Can we also run some crossing patterns?

OL doesn't protect well enough for us to wait on crossing routes. That's why we see quick slant routes, bubbles, and short stick routes.

Richt runs a lot of crossing routes at FSU/UGA.

Not bad at all bro. Although I disagree with us losing to Va Tech. Next week is our most important game remaining on the schedule. Especially coming off an emotional loss! Need to make a statement. If we respond correctly next week, we will smash Va Tech the following week! And oh yes... I will be in Blacksburg to witness it! Who wit me

VA Tech has turned it around since turning the ball over 30 times against Tennessee. They also beat UNC 30+ to 3 last week. I'm sure they will be the tougher opponent.

Converted Canes fan. My wife was shocked yesterday I didn't watch the GA vs USCjr game yesterday, spent the day with her piling up hubby points. Miami will win a NC before GA does. The rest of my family are nole fanatics so I'm now the black sheep of the family, fits me well.

Thanks for the up votes. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Converted Canes fan. My wife was shocked yesterday I didn't watch the GA vs USCjr game yesterday, spent the day with her piling up hubby points. Miami will win a NC before GA does. The rest of my family are nole fanatics so I'm now the black sheep of the family, fits me well.

Thanks for the up votes. Go Canes!

Welcome to the insanity

Advertisement
Back