New Dolphins TE (played at Notre Dame) talks about atmosphere of that game

Pretty impressive, considering ND plays at USC every other year and had games at Clemson and at FSU in the years prior.

Its That roof man. dolphins needed a way to make it sound like a packed stadium with half the people in it. That's about the only thing they've done right in the past decade

Advertisement
Its That roof man. dolphins needed a way to make it sound like a packed stadium with half the people in it. That's about the only thing they've done right in the past decade

Absolutely. Although that night against ND would have been wild even without the roof -- loudest stadium I've ever been in.

I'm also expecting FSU this year to match it.

Absolutely. Although that night against ND would have been wild even without the roof -- loudest stadium I've ever been in.

I'm also expecting FSU this year to match it.
Yep. The FSU game is going to be crazy. They will be walking into a hornets nest.

Oh I know it was hilarious to see. them leaving by the 3rd quarter was the best! I'm glad I didn't sell my tickets, well worth it...

There was a group of ND fans a few rows in front of where I sit. On their way out, (3rd qtr) I told them at least they could make a new 30 for 30 about getting walloped by the Canes.

Advertisement
Broken window was mentioned by Fowler / Herbstreit as the broadcast opened.

As for this kid, when asked about that game against the Canes, he should've responded—"What game?"

Definitely one you want to erase from the memory banks if on the wrong side of an ***-kicking.

Yep. The FSU game is going to be crazy. They will be walking into a hornets nest.

FSU won't come close to matching it. (1) Miami and Florida State play annually and folks are used to it. Notre Dame hadn't played the Canes in South Florida since 1989. Build-up for that match-up and storied rivalry against the Irish is next-level. Some real-deal hate there ... and (2) very strong FSU presence in South Florida—unlike the Irish. Noles fans always make their presence felt and travel well for the rivalry. Always have, always will.

FSU won't come close to matching it. (1) Miami and Florida State play annually and folks are used to it. Notre Dame hadn't played the Canes in South Florida since 1989. Build-up for that match-up and storied rivalry against the Irish is next-level. Some real-deal hate there ... and (2) very strong FSU presence in South Florida—unlike the Irish. Noles fans always make their presence felt and travel well for the rivalry. Always have, always will.

It won’t be the same, but it’ll come pretty close

You must not have been there the year before.

This year will be better than 2016, and the crowd will have its confidence and swag back (assuming we are undefeated going in), unlike in 2016 when I think a lot of our fans still expected us to lose.

And if we get going, it’s going to be a party. Lots of talking to the FSU fans there.

Did you attend the game in 94 or 2000? Seems to me we had a massive home field advantage then. I thought the OB was going to fall down in 94. If we are good, Hard Rock will be crazy for FSU, just like the good old days.

Advertisement

Miami and VaTech play annually too...

Kinda like when the Washington buses were attacked by Cane fans in 01.

That's when Cody Pickett was QB for Washington, right? I played football/basketball against that guy in high school and was constantly in his ear. He was soft. I can't imagine a kid from a small town in Idaho stepping into that atmosphere.

Advertisement

This year will be better than 2016, and the crowd will have its confidence and swag back (assuming we are undefeated going in), unlike in 2016 when I think a lot of our fans still expected us to lose.

And if we get going, it’s going to be a party. Lots of talking to the FSU fans there.
Agree with this.

Might not be as big of a disparity in Canes fans to FSU fans as there was in Canes fans to ND fans, but best believe everyone in there is going to be rowdy

Especially since, yes we broke the streak last year, but we haven't beaten them at home in 14 ******* YEARS.

IMO the Miami crowd of old returned LY, back to the days when we could smell blood in the water and everyone got rowdy.
It took hold when the rain started to fall during the GT game and the place erupted, previous years everyone would scramble for cover or leave.

Did you attend the game in 94 or 2000? Seems to me we had a massive home field advantage then. I thought the OB was going to fall down in 94. If we are good, Hard Rock will be crazy for FSU, just like the good old days.
Carlos Jones pick six, I thought the upper deck was going to fall down on me in the West Endzone.

Advertisement

Both teams come into that game 5-0.. It will match it.

This. ND was definitely the loudest game I've been to, but it's 1a as compared to 2016 FSU's 1b.

They did a great job when remodeling Joe Robbie (yes Joe Robbie) stadium to keep all the noise from leaving. Can be a huge advantage, like in Seattle.
Pretty sure the noise amplification is a result of the most recent renovations, not the Pro Player reno.

Advertisement
Back