NEW DL Coach Coming!!!!

If Patrick coaches anywhere near how he played, Golden/D'No's patty cake scheme would give him a heart attack. That guy had one speed when he played, full out, I can't imagine he coaches his players any other way. he comes here, he'd better put together a living will. Either that or he'd strangle D'No.

Advertisement
Why would Folden hire Patrick when they have completely different philosophical approaches to football? Pretty sure he'll hire a guy who fits his system and shares his approach.

He could have hired Patrick when he got here, but he went with the guy he knew--Jethro.

Nowadays, these coaches care more about recruiting than anything.... you saw last year West Virginia hired Damon cogdell to help with recruiting.... freaking Michigan hired the guy from NJ who so happens to be the #1 DT recruit.... its a.new day and age.... all these old school coaches slowly fading out and these new bucks taking over.... its all about recruiting. ... so i wouldnt be surprised if it is Kareem Brown cause the kids love him, and he is another Miami guy.... weed out these Temple F**ks!!! Next get rid of Williams and we should be fine

Advertisement
Advertisement
Disagree on IMG. We got 3 of there kids. I don't think you can remotely consider this school a "FSU pipeline". **** I think the pipeline days are over for everyone. Kids don't give a **** about that. FSU is gettin the top kids because they are that **** right now. Plain and simple.

Why would Folden hire Patrick when they have completely different philosophical approaches to football? Pretty sure he'll hire a guy who fits his system and shares his approach.

He could have hired Patrick when he got here, but he went with the guy he knew--Jethro.

I suspect Franklin was experienced in and familiar with different philosophies, and not just Golden's. I believe he coached at USC under Pete Carroll and had two other NFL positions prior to this third one. Of course the dunces on this board who don't do minimal research on the backgrounds of the coaches they complain about incessantly might know this is not some wild, out-of-blue and irrational selection by the Raiders. Whether Franklin really is a decent coach, I don't know, but at least two other NFL coaches or GM prior to this latest Raiders's gig were happy to hire Franklin. (Not that he lasted. He might have been let go because of changes of the head coach). I would think if Carroll liked him he must have some decent qualities. The problem here might not be Franklin, but the head coach's (Golden's) philosophy.

The same might be said of D'Onofrio who is constantly vilified. He had a lot of prior coaching experience under coaches who ran 4-3 attacking schemes, like Schiano. So, do your research before you jump to conclusions.

Disagree on IMG. We got 3 of there kids. I don't think you can remotely consider this school a "FSU pipeline". **** I think the pipeline days are over for everyone. Kids don't give a **** about that. FSU is gettin the top kids because they are that **** right now. Plain and simple.

I think ex-FSU QB Weinke played a part in getting a QB and TE on board this quick, but I'll concede that it may not be a pipeline for others. However, you do have to worry about the "bandwagon" effect here. It prob also helps if Fines and Louis make an early impact here.

Advertisement

I think ex-FSU QB Weinke played a part in getting a QB and TE on board this quick, but I'll concede that it may not be a pipeline for others. However, you do have to worry about the "bandwagon" effect here. It prob also helps if Fines and Louis make an early impact here.

WEinke may steer kids there in th future, but no evidence of it yet. As I recall, the QB and TE in question both were committed to FSU before they transferred to IMG.

WEinke may steer kids there in th future, but no evidence of it yet. As I recall, the QB and TE in question both were committed to FSU before they transferred to IMG.

Got it. They are stacked with six top-150 ESPN 2016 recruits. Would be nice to get a few of those our way this yr.

He is absolutely steering kids to FSU, look at Francois.

Advertisement

Tyree was the only elite one. He also didn't have an FSU offer if I'm not mistaken. Any of those elite kids with FSU offers will be pushed there.

He is absolutely steering kids to FSU, look at Francois.

He is going to get early burn at FSU plus jimbo has a good record with QB going in the first round, honestly IMG isnt really a feeder school to anyone since they get so many transfers from all over

Advertisement
Back