New Di Mare Story in Herald

Advertisement

Yeah, good read. You definitely can't question the guy's passion and contributions over the years. Hopefully it's not just a fluff piece though. It's nice to say he's going to instill more energy; it's nice to say we're going to be more cutting edge by using shifts; it's nice to say we're going to change the culture and get back to competing for titles... But it also says right there in the article that the last two years we have been dreadful at the plate. Hard to get over the fact that DiMare was the hitting coach during seasons that were "painful" offensively, as the article says. This isn't like promoting Diaz to HC after his unit single-handedly kept the football team competitive. This is promoting the guy who was in charge of the phase of the game that suffered the most in recent years. Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful. There is plenty of (young) talent on the team and maybe DiMare can reignite some sort of fire in the program. But I'm taking a wait-and-see approach with baseball, whereas with football I'm drinking the Kool-aid.

Yeah, good read. You definitely can't question the guy's passion and contributions over the years. Hopefully it's not just a fluff piece though. It's nice to say he's going to instill more energy; it's nice to say we're going to be more cutting edge by using shifts; it's nice to say we're going to change the culture and get back to competing for titles... But it also says right there in the article that the last two years we have been dreadful at the plate. Hard to get over the fact that DiMare was the hitting coach during seasons that were "painful" offensively, as the article says. This isn't like promoting Diaz to HC after his unit single-handedly kept the football team competitive. This is promoting the guy who was in charge of the phase of the game that suffered the most in recent years. Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful. There is plenty of (young) talent on the team and maybe DiMare can reignite some sort of fire in the program. But I'm taking a wait-and-see approach with baseball, whereas with football I'm drinking the Kool-aid.
I’ve known Gino and his dad for years. Gino is a hardworking guy and has lots of ideas about changing things around to improve. So far so good. More changes still to come...

Advertisement
Back